💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's not deny DWUW's power

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Borislshere
4 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

We have to learn to separate the art from the artist!

oh f*ck off with that. You can separate the two if it was some small misdemeanor but this man is literally out here raping black girls and women. 

Bobbins
Just now, Borislshere said:

oh f*ck off with that. You can separate the two if it was some small misdemeanor but this man is literally out here raping black girls and women. 

MJ is revered for what he's done for pop music yet he's a pedophile? Mother Theresa is revered for what she's done for people but she was a vile bitch? How is this any different? 

A Hybrid
2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

MJ is revered for what he's done for pop music yet he's a pedophile? Mother Theresa is revered for what she's done for people but she was a vile bitch? How is this any different? 

It’s not different, we just don’t stan any of those.

Plus MJ pedo thing is 99% not true.

No family’s safe when I sashay

Borislshere
5 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

I haven't told you to support either of those people? and wasn't MJ found not guilty both times? idk anything about mother Theresa.

This is about R. Kelly, who only got off because the girl who was meant to testify, didn't show up and the parent's lied. not to mention the absolutely terrible jury. 

"separating the art from the artist" is exactly how these pedophiles, rapist and abusers get to continue abusing people. We keep putting money in their pockets and letting them wall by unscathed. 

rumours
21 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

We have to learn to separate the art from the artist!

I don’t fully understand this way of thinking.

For me, to fully understand the art that is created, an artist’s intent and character are absolutely relevant. While a flawed individual certainly has the ability to make masterpieces (definitely not implying DWUW is one, though), the person behind the work of art is a whole other layer to the piece in question. 

So, when R Kelly sings “Do what I want, what I want with your body”, his past actions absolutely are a factor in the song’s interpretation... hence why the song is being removed. 

Just my 2 cents 

bloody g

Ew, delete

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Infinity Wave

I mean, people nowadays will search for anything just to "cancel" things. 

I do get that he's a really, really AWFUL person, but it's not like we can pretend we never liked the song or it never existed or we always hated it. 

Colourful

jojostanforlife
37 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Michael is innocent. 

CHYOCnaWoAAXGGO.jpg

It's like admiring Mein Kampf and saying "I'm separating the artist from the art" :awkney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Andy McQueen
11 minutes ago, River said:

It's like admiring Mein Kampf and saying "I'm separating the artist from the art" :awkney:

Hitler did a lot of paintings and drawings and art critics say they are good, so yes that's an excellent comparision. He was a mass murder. Art and artist are never seperated. 

ShayCristoforo

If you still enjoy the songs, there's nothing you can do about that.
But it's in everyone's best interest to at least TRY to condemn it. R Kelly's music is not vital to your core, you can live without it.
It is lack of empathy that takes lives.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

To me, DWUW has always been about taking full control of your life, no matter the abuse that so many of us have had to endure, sadly. That's why I get where you're coming from and I agree to some extent that you can still celebrate the song and what it means to you personally.

HOWEVER, empathy is the key word here, just like @ShayCristoforo said. It's a great song and R. Kelly and Gaga harmonize well on it, but you cannot deny that this guy put so many people through hell and it's important to show the world that such disgusting behavior does have consequences and will not be celebrated in any kind of way.

Archived