💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Let's not deny DWUW's power

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation

Did you guys know that there is an active art market for art made by serial killers??? 

John Wayne Gacy, murderer of 34+ young men and boys, was also a painter. Some Hollywood celebrities even own some of his paintings (Johnny Depp for example).

Separation of art and artist is a theme that Gaga explores in ARTPOP and DWUW. There are no easy answers. But nobody is ever 100% innocent. We can’t choose to play with someone’s body but not their head, or vice versa. We are all hypocrites, some with more shame than awareness. We might think “cheating is wrong” but then at the same time condone our friends cheating, because they’re our friends. We are creatures of contradiction who have only an opaque understanding of our own faults. Let alone others. It’s like we are always looking for scapegoat for our own double standards and turning a blind eye.

Ugh humanity. Can’t live with them, can’t live without them.

IAmNotHere1997

the commercial appeal of DWUW is insane. Truly could have been Gaga's fourth #1. just from the very first seconds...

hardcore1996

What bothers me about “seperating the art from the artist” is that there are SO MANY other artists to choose from. If you like R Kelly’s sound and the general vibe of DWUW, RnB is a HUGE gene with hundreds if not thousands of artists and hits you can enjoy if you broden your horizons a little.

1 hour ago, Bobbins said:

Irregardless of this R Kelly mess I will still be listening to this HOLY bop! 

We have to learn to separate the art from the artist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-iZUfRMM4g

Thank you so much for sharing this very unpopular opinion! Art is about the work itself, not about the personal life of the artists who created it. I'm gonna enjoy that record forever, it's music, it's just music :)

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

DeleteMyAccount

It's like listening to your own abuser and paying them to listen to it. 

There are multiple versions out there that we can/should play instead. 

Gagaloo911

I condemn him and the atrocities he has done and unwillingness to be held accountable.

I also still enjoy the song and will continue to and that's okay too :ohwell:

Lady Rah Rah

DWUW at its core, is a beautiful work of art. We cannot change the past, we can only move forwards (as Gaga said too). 

ARTPOP, you’ll always have my heart.

Luxe Ford

A-effing-men!

All this finger pointing going around is one of the things I hate the most nowadays. Ye who is without sin cast the first stone etc.

If I had to aradicate the works by everyone who ever did something which in hindsight might appear slightly shady I'd be running out of music to lsiten to, films to watch and everything else.

I'm not an R&B guy, but DWYW is a smooth, perfectly produced gem! :worship2:

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Archived