Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Christina Aguilera supports Lady Gaga and DWUW message

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Again: her own statements about her sexual abuse directly contradict your interpretation, how about you confront that fact first before you insult my ways of analysis :rip:Swine is her big abuse song, literally everyone knows that, and she's even been explicitly open about it :air: Β 

I don't take anything at face value, but I also listen to what Gaga says herself. Maybe you should give that a try, it seems important, no?

I do listen to Gaga but I know that her art has more depth.Β 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bloody g

Imagine being rude to xtina after her kind words, tragic

γ€ŽπŸπšπ­πž 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 π›πž πœπ‘πšπ§π πžπγ€

Shipper

From my understanding,Β  Gaga wrote DWUW to be rebellious in a sense of talking about what happened to her and making her self think that she liked it.Β 

She internalized the situation and since she never saw herself as a victim,Β  she wanted to empower herself by convincing herself she liked it and it wasn't wrong.Β Β 

Doesn't make sense?

Β  Well this denial is very common for rape victims.Β  In fear of being shamed when they report that they are raped,Β  they convince themselves that it's OK and they liked the act to avoid the whole idea of coming out as being raped.Β Β 

This is my interpretation thoughΒ  and in art there are many interpretations.Β  Hey it could be about the full body sculpture of koontz and how we could do anything to her sculptures body.Β Β 

Β 

πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•πŸ“¦πŸ’•

Didymus
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

I do listen to Gaga but I know that her art has more depth.Β 

So you're deliberately ignoring Gaga's 101 statements about how traumatizing, psychologically damaging and emotionally shattering her abuse experience was? :awkney: Why would she ever write a song about the opposite, claiming that she was fine and even considered the experience a moment of empowerment?

Didymus
Just now, Shipper said:

From my understanding,Β  Gaga wrote DWUW to be rebellious in a sense of talking about what happened to her and making her self think that she liked it.Β 

She internalized the situation and since she never saw herself as a victim,Β  she wanted to empower herself by convincing herself she liked it and it wasn't wrong.Β Β 

Doesn't make sense?

Well this denial is very common for rape victims.Β  In fear of being shamed when they report that they are raped,Β  they convince themselves that it's OK and they liked the act to avoid the whole idea of coming out as being raped.Β Β  ο»Ώ

That makes sense but that still doesn't explain why she'd write a song about that :rip: That would mean she was consciously aware of this psychological reaction of hers and every statement she's made about her abuse experience contradicts that.

monketsharona
4 minutes ago, Bloody Grammys said:

Imagine being rude to xtina after her kind words, tragic

Isn't it the case anytime someone is kind to her ?Β :messga:

17 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Oh my god :air:

Are you guys SERIOUSLY gonna sit here and pretend that these lyrics:

"Sometimes I'm scared I suppose
If you ever let me go
I would fall apart (apart)
If you break my heart
So just take my body
And don't stop the party"

are about sexual abuse? :lmao:

That would make her like an accomplice in her own rape.

This is how some victims of sexual abuse end up involvedΒ into romantic relationship with theirs abusers because of the trauma. Gaga has said in the past she went thru this.Β 

Glamourpuss
8 minutes ago, Didymus said:

So you're deliberately ignoring Gaga's 101 statements about how traumatizing, psychologically damaging and emotionally shattering her abuse experience was? :awkney: Why would she ever write a song about the opposite, claiming that she was fine and even considered the experience a moment of empowerment?

How could I be ignoring that? Don't put words in my mouth. I've been saying all along I think it's about her abuse. How can that possibly mean that I'm ignoring her. If anything I'm not making light of the situation like others, I 100% believe her experiences to be real and I believe she's put it in her music (DWUW). It's as simple as that. It was somebody else who said she possibly liked it but what I think they were getting at, is because she said she thought she was doing what adults do, she carried most of the blame because she allowed it to happen. I am in no way diminishing what Gaga has been through and don't accuse me of that.Β 

I can empathise with Gaga because I went through something similar and I know it stays with you.Β 

Didymus
Just now, Vegas said:

This is how some victims of sexual abuse end up involvedΒ into romantic relationship with theirs abusers because of the trauma. Gaga has said in the past she went thru this.Β 

What do you mean, she said she only saw her abuser only once more after the incident and they didn't say anything to each other :awkney:

I'm legit shocked at how many of you are running with this interpretation so quickly when it doesn't even match many of Gaga's candid statements about her trauma (or the song).

Glamourpuss
1 minute ago, Didymus said:

What do you mean, she said she only saw her abuser only once more after the incident and they didn't say anything to each other :awkney:

I'm legit shocked at how many of you are running with this interpretation so quickly when it doesn't even match many of Gaga's candid statements about her trauma (or the song).

Because Gaga doesn't speak openly about her personal experiences. Sexual abuse survivors find it hard to talk about these things. Hence why it took decades for people to speak up about Weinstein. Do you not understand?Β 

imsourcandy

I love xtina so much. Love the version they made together simply because it’s xtina and Gaga πŸ’™I flipped when it came out *listens to it*.Β 

Hmm all the versions of dwuw are still on google play music right now.Β 

Didymus
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

I am in no way diminishing what Gaga has been through and don't accuse me of that.Β 

Then why are you saying my arguments about what Gaga said don't matter? You literally said I took things at face value when I was referring to what Gaga said herself :rip: And then there was that "her art speaks more clearly than she herself" statement which, to me, is just an excuse to go free for all in interpreting her songs.

Vitleysingur
5 minutes ago, Vegas said:

THIS

@DidymusΒ sis, give a try to this song.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Archived