💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Christina Aguilera supports Lady Gaga and DWUW message

monketsharona

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Didymus said:

:air:

Once more: if she chose them for that reason you have to explain/acknowledge the fact that she tricked people she praised in public and who probably thought of her as a friend :awkney: Does that sound like Gaga to you? Yeah, I didn't think so. It's far more realistic to just believe her when she says she chose R. Kelly because he was a victim of media trashtalking, which was the red thread throughout that whole single era (ànd the song lyrics).

Add Body Revolution to that and you basically have a complete, artistically solid package. Now I'm fine with different interpretations, but I'm just not buying how so many fans just assume it's obvious that song had an undercurrent of rape and don't feel the need to explain it or connect it to Gaga's own statements. Just replying to that with "well, but she did say that her ARTPOP could mean anything" is just opening up a free for all interpretation game that is endless and pointless :madge:

I think I've put forward some good arguments and since literally no one is able to respond to them, favoring personal attacks over simple replies to the content, I'm assuming they were good ones :laughga:

I agree with you. Belting "do what you want with my body, world" would never be Gaga's way to bring sexual assault to the table. She did that with TIHTY and that was sincere and open. The entire song was written and promoted to be a song about the world and media owning her, but not her mind. More of a body resolution thing maybe. 

I'm just thinking xtina hopped on it quickly for a career opportunity after LOTUS... but I don't think she knows what the song was about.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
beaublue
9 hours ago, Didymus said:

Why so personal though? :air:

I don't think I've tried to present my opinion as more valid in general, just that I think we should ground our opinions in actual fact and not in fantasies. That's why I'm bringing up Gaga's statements about the song, etc. To me it's just unrealistic that she would've secretly invited a rapist to work on a song that was secretly about rape and not problematize his actions in public. Why would she stress that R. Kelly was a victim of trashy media then? Why would she secretly use her friend, Terry, to be part of such a plan? It just doesn't add up and that's what I wanted to talk about here.

I do have hobbies though lol. I'm finishing a master's degree this year, I've gotten nothing but 90% on each test, paper and presentation so far and I'm actually losing weight because I've started to work out since a few weeks :chica: So I'm not worried, sis. Maybe you need to be worried that you have to spend your time passive aggressively mentioning how horrible people are without even have the balls to quote or @ them. Maybe you need to find a better way to spend your time :shrug:

lol cool

StrawberryBlond

I think Xtina's really reflecting on the whole thing from her perspective and her interpretations of it, especially regarding the new light that's been shone on it. It may have been about the media's treatment of Gaga but there seemed to be a bit more subtext there and you'd be dense not to see it. I think those who have gone through sexual assault probably get this vibe too. I do think she's genuinely doing this and isn't just shamelessly courting attention. She seems to have changed as a person in the last few years. She was famous for being a diva from hell up until about 2012 but I think around this time she realised it was getting her nowhere and was partly to blame for the downfall of her career. Perhaps finding love after her divorce made her drop the bitterness as well. She picked a Gaga song for one of her contestants to sing on The Voice and of course, she did this duet with Gaga despite not liking her during the Bionic era. I'm pleased she's moved on from that time, let bygones be bygones and realised that some things are more important and bigger than her.

I'm surprised more people aren't picking up on what she says about surviving predators in the industry. I don't know if this is her way of saying she was propositioned, molested or worse but just doesn't want to say. Ever since her Fall In Line video came out, I've been fearing that she may have gone through something back in her Mickey Mouse days that really damaged her. It would explain so much about why she rebelled with Stripped and became known for being so stand-offish. A lot of people who go through trauma do this. Whatever the truth, since watching Fall In Line, I've really re-evaluated Xtina as a person and decided it's time to give her more of a chance. Maybe she had her reasons for being a bitch in the past and she's actively trying to be nicer now and should get kudos for that.

AciidSwine

I was so relieved and grateful that Xtina lended this message of support for Gaga amidst the backlash.

VenusBlackStar

Awwee she's come a long way from wondering out loud in an interview why Gaga is even in the industry <3 

Archived