question

Will Gaga recover from the backlash?

blackstar

Featured Posts

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
smitherz

another thing, think twice before dragging another artist or fan base. I think we all got a little too cocky due to all the recent success, but events like this should make everyone realize how quickly things can change. 

Andy McQueen

What backlash? People applaud her statement. She is the only one of those who have worked with R. Kelly who distanced herself from him, as far as I know. 

45 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

I really don’t see that much backlash. I think we’re all just magnifying any negative things said because it’s awards season.

It's all singular Twitter users that are getting mad about this, and maybe a few journalists. That's about it. And this isn't even activist Twitter- just a few angry folk that happen to have a blue checkmark.

What matters to me, the most, is that survivors themselves have acknowledged this in a positive way. 

3 points in and ready for more

pedrohemg
41 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

Votes were already submitted so no

The voting process ends on January 14.

Serial Chiller
26 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

I hate to make it about race.

Hide contents

Most complains come from black SJWs, random black people and certain notorious fanbase. And there goes tHe aCAdEmY iS sO wHiTe.

So she would be damn fine. People from the film industry won't jump to this so-called backlash.

Must be really stupid to try and pounce on Gaga in this controversy using the race card when R. Kelly is ... well, not white. :giggle:

Bolkins
29 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Are you kidding me? This is of no relevance to the Academy members, Gaga performed TIHTY right on that stage. They know what to do. The only reason she'll not win BA is Olivia Coleman and Glen Close. 

I obviously hope I’m wrong. I’m seeing it more from the POV that the academy themselves have had plenty backlash in recent years, will this situation make Olivia or Glen an easier option for them? I think so 

blackstar

this thread... my brain cells are dying omg

she even tried to make gaga look racist omfg, someone hold me i'm about to throw my hands

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

Phaye Monster

It’ll die down quickly once people realise that, y’know, R Kelly is actually the bad guy. 

She’s got the support of the victims and that’s a good sign. 

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

ShayCristoforo

I don't see how there could be backlash on a major level. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Gracious Gaga

Nope she’s done.  We Stan a new queen now and her name is Madonna 

♥ Kindness Police.

blackstar
Just now, Gracious Gaga said:

Nope she’s done.  We Stan a new queen now and her name is Madonna 

good one

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

8 minutes ago, blackstar said:

this thread... my brain cells are dying omg

she even tried to make gaga look racist omfg, someone hold me i'm about to throw my hands

and stans need to STOP quoting and replying to her. Shes gotten the same 100 replies from everyone and she just ends up blocking them. Theres no point.

PunkTheFunk

I don't see any backlash tbh. All the news outlets seem to be painting her in a positive light with headlines like "Gaga speaks out..." "Gaga denounces..." "Gaga takes action..."

Archived