Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Statement yay; removal yes or no?

Jaume

Featured Posts

I think most of us are happy with her statement, it just shows she is brave enough to say sorry unlike  others but what about removing the song?

Imagine if it was Bad Romance or Scheiße... would you agree with Gaga deleting it from everywhere? 

I don't know what to think... it's unfair for her and her fans.

2 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I'm praying the next scandal is with T.I., Too $hort, and Twista

giphy.gif

any with Tony Bennett :tony:

Batwings

This is one of those "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenarios. People were pissed at her for not saying anything, and then after she finally released a statement, people are still pissed at her. I think if she wants to make the GP happy, she'll make some sort of pledge agreeing to donate all the proceeds received from DWUW to a sexual assault survivors charity. The thing is, though, even then, people will still say things like, "Ugh, she's just trying to save her career and win an Oscar. She doesn't really care." It's so much easier to target victims than actual predators, and it's really disappointing that people who consider themselves as "woke" don't even realize that they're doing it.

BTW, still waiting for people to bitch and complain R. Kelly's collab with Bieber around the same time and the fact that Bieber nor his team have said anything.

AlexanderMagno

Well, if it was Bad Romance or Scheiße, I'd expect the same behaviour, of course. But good question: would she remove the song if it had been a successful hit? We will never know. It was definitely a blessing that DWUW flopped, otherwise deleting it would be much more difficult.

Plus, it's not just about the R. Kelly feat, it's about R. Kelly feat in a song that had very explicit sexual undertones. For example, if it was Scheiße feat. R. Kelly, probably wouldn't be as dramatic.

We better not discuss this too much, it might lead to dangerous speculation.

Since I consider DWUW a superior work, quality-wise she has deleted the best from her discography already.

Bambino

Like, idk about removing the song, like, everyone already has it and already listened to it :flop: But yeah it's a brave move.

Didymus

It's no more than correct to remove it even though it is sad :shrug: The fact that it's sad for everone displays her bravery in going through with it. I applaud her.

sarahb

Something bad affecting a song like Bad Romance.. that's interesting to think about since it's pretty synonymous with Gaga herself :oprah:

DelusionalGaga

It's a good decision. I think further down the road people will appreciate her being so consequent. And those who still love the song can listen to it ill*gally somewhere thanks to the Internet. It's not the end of the world. 

elijahfan

Let's hope RedOne never assaulted anyone tbh :pray:

But I think you guys are being a bit too much about this... I mean, don't we all have the song on our computers, phones, hard drives, CDs and whatnot? If you only use streaming devices, well.... too bad for you, you should've invested in your fave's music sooner :ohwell:

1 hour ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I'm praying the next scandal is with T.I., Too $hort, and Twista

giphy.gif

Post of the month, yall.

huttont

I’m glad she removed it. It makes the statement not JUST a statement. There are actions along with her words.

Also if you don’t have the song saved somewhere by now, that’s your own fault :ohwell:

Archived