💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

ARTPOP was destined to flop. Why?

blackstar

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

It was destined to underperform because of over exposure. Simple as that. :shrug: Who said it was rushed by get labell? That is a fan assumption not backed by any evidence. 

Also, she bought some instrumentals yes but she wrote lyrics and the vocal melody. She made the music hers and had creative input.

blackstar
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

It was destined to underperform because of over exposure. Simple as that. :shrug: Who said it was rushed by get labell? That is a fan assumption not backed by any evidence. 

Also, she bought some instrumentals yes but she wrote lyrics and the vocal melody. She made the music hers and had creative input.

she said herself she didn't had enough time to heal from hip surgery and it's one of the reasons why she's dealing with fibromyalgia rn

Dilated, falling free in a modern ecstasy

FfFfFfFF
Just now, blackstar said:

she said herself she didn't had enough time to heal from hip surgery and it's one of the reasons why she's dealing with fibromyalgia rn

Can you post the source? I don't remember anything like this I guess it may be plausible.

Iluvartpop

In a sense, yeah... It was destined to "flop", I do believe the spirit of the album was still partially to sound commercially friendly but break some rules at the same time too. ARTPOP was kinda an attempt, (successful or not) as a f*** you to pop music.

I still enjoy ARTPOP a lot :toofunny: does this mean I'm basic :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Joanne is a close second though, can really feel her heart and soul in the songs.

Let's not beat this dead horse shall we? Being an ARTPOP stan myself it's something I went through a lot in 2013 watching this forum beating ARTPOP to death over and over. It's 2019 :rip: but OT, yes. :selena::ladyhaha:

Edit: Also, in the end it didn't really matter. When I realised Zedd was working with Gaga, it was like :excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited::excited2::excited:ALL I NEEDED

Borislshere

This interview gives a huge insight to what gaga was going through with ARTPOP. She basically burnt out trying to create something that would be equally successful to her previous three albums while still being different to her previous work. The record label just wanted a constant string of hits and I feel like that put an immense amount of pressure on her. (video is timestamped)

ARTPOP was a really good idea written out on paper but the execution and everything involved in it just fell flat.

Anderson123

It was not rushed at all, the album went through multiple transformations, it has an Act II and III. This is her “irresponsible” album, she said she was just having fun, experimenting with sounds and new producers, the management drama just happened around that time, it’s something that set her free. 

ARTPOP is a good album but in my opinion, it is her worst, especially now without DWUW, which was the best song on it. DJWS, Gaga and everyone did an amazing job on the music but yeah she has set her standards too high and I always felt this way about it. 

A Hybrid

Ok. This might seem weird, but I blame the album art and song names. It’s intimidating not daring.

No family’s safe when I sashay

That J

I'm sure many an artist would KILL for a "flop" like ARTPOP. Over double platinum....oh the injustice.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Archived