💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Gaga aware?

Lighter

Featured Posts

DelusionalGaga

Of course she was. What you're saying is right. She said she wanted to do something provocative and why would it be provocative if she didn't know about the accusations? She also said she had this twisted way of thinking in order to cope with her own pain. None of it would make sense if she had no idea. 

She knew exactly what she was doing, working with a rumored predator in order to make an artistic statement or whatever. I mean, in an interview she said something like: "The media writes a lot of bullshit about Robert as they do about me. So it was perfect to have him on the song..."

Most importantly, Gaga owned her mistakes and apologized. Moreover, she erased the song from streaming services. Don't make excuses for her. Just take the L and move on. 

Batwings
3 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

is it very 2018? i remember thinking in 2013 how strange the choice was to him to be there. if you were alive in the US in the 2000s and didn’t live under a rock you knew all about the things he’s done. you didn’t need to do deep research.

I guess what's strange to me is that NOW people are saying things like, "Well EVERYONE knew back then!" Did they, or did they simply overlook it, or did they think he was innocent? Otherwise, DWUW wouldn't have been a Top 20 hit, and this fanbase wouldn't have been bopping to it and begging for a video.

gypsy101
1 minute ago, Batwings said:

I guess what's strange to me is that NOW people are saying things like, "Well EVERYONE knew back then!" Did they, or did they simply overlook it, or did they think he was innocent? Otherwise, DWUW wouldn't have been a Top 20 hit, and this fanbase wouldn't have been bopping to it and begging for a video.

definitely overlooked it. he was a very successful musician. no one thought he was innocent. it’s very similar to the chris brown thing: very successful even though he has done awful things.

i literally overheard last night at the restaurant i serve at a table of women talking about him and saying “R Kelly could do anything he wants to me!” I was disgusted. these are adult women in 2019 saying out loud in public that a rapist can do whatever he wants to them.

Didymus

She obviously didn't think he actually raped someone but she just took advantage of the fact that there were rumors and controversies about it :shrug: Same reason she invited Rick Ross on the remix and put Terry in the video. All men widely rumored to be sexually abusive.

She said R. Kelly was treated "unfairly" by the media so obviously it was all part of a big statement against journalists and pop culture in general (she also made fun of Kim K, don't forget). So yes, it was all absolutely intentional to spark controversy and she even admitted that herself in 2013:

:vegas:

What makes this kinda worse is some people don't know the true deeper meaning of DWUW. People will see the title and overblow it, like it already has.

She's made a big mistake. But she owned her mistake and she's brave and real mature for doing so. Feel like she should have done this after the Oscars but... I also don't think she cares about scuppering her Oscar chances because I believe she cares more about real issues like sexual abuse and cares about admitting to her own mistakes. 

We know oue queen's true character. That's all that matters to me, anyway.

Archived