Ryusei

Is Halsey a Pop Girl?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is Halsey a Pop Girl?

• Yes
    • No, she's the anti-popstar :staymad:

Featured Posts

Ryusei

Discuss sistrens. I'm kinda into Without Me when I didn't really get into her before. 

Musery

Tom Nook

During her Badlands era I consider her to be Alternative Pop, but as of her recent material she is definitely mainstream Pop 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Gracious Gaga

I’d consider her more a pop boy 

edit: also didn’t we have this same thread 2 days ago 

♥ Kindness Police.

ChromaticPrincess

soon. If she keeps up the basic tumblrina aesthetic then yeah I can see her getting more hits. 

32 minutes ago, Gardevoir said:

During her Badlands era I consider her to be Alternative Pop, but as of her recent material she is definitely mainstream Pop 

yeah same here. She was really interesting at first and was part of that new wave of alternative pop in the mid 2010’s along with Lana, Marina, Melanie, 21P, 1976, the PATD comeback etc. but ever since the massive success of Closer she seems to have taken the basic uninspired mainstream pop route and yet still claims to be “edgy” and “not a pop star” and “indie” 

i kinda like her music (ngl I’m like the only person in the world who actually liked Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, minus Bad at Love that’s song is trash) and I admit I haven’t heard Without Me yet but I actually really like Eastside so I’m sure it’ll be great. 

The only real problem I have with her is her attitude. I really hate the fake wokeness of people these days, like personally tbh I don’t really mind SJW’s that much bc they mostly mean well (even if they don’t really use the best methods to accomplish what they want) but it’s people who act like her that get offended over hotel shampoo and desperately wants to be called an indie pop star when she’s clearly pure pop lol. 

Also I love your avi btw:hor:

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Quartz

No. Can't really put her alongside Rihanna and Gaga can you?

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

ChromaticPrincess
Just now, PrincessVenus said:

soon. If she keeps up the basic tumblrina aesthetic then yeah I can see her getting more hits. 

yeah same here. She was really interesting at first and was part of that new wave of alternative pop in the mid 2010’s along with Lana, Marina, Melanie, 21P, 1976, the PATD comeback etc. but ever since the massive success of Closer she seems to have taken the basic uninspired mainstream pop route and yet still claims to be “edgy” and “not a pop star” and “indie” 

i kinda like her music (ngl I’m like the only person in the world who kinda like Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, minus Bad at Love that’s song is trash) and I admit I haven’t heard Without Me yet but I actually really like Eastside so I’m sure it’ll be great. 

The only real problem I have with her is her attitude. I really hate the fake wokeness of people these days, like personally tbh I don’t really mind SJW’s that much bc they mostly mean well (even if they don’t really use the best methods to accomplish what they want) but it’s people who act like her that get offended over hotel shampoo and desperately wants to be called an indie pop star when she’s clearly pure pop lol. 

Also btw I really like your avi lol

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Archived