Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Do What U Want removed from Spotify, iTunes and YouTube

joannethenight

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, YCHofficial said:

Exactly what I thought. 

RedOne is Moroccan..... 

So this all seems very fishy and racist.

*LeTs MaKe ThE aRaB gUy A tErRoRiSt*

:reductive:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Good on her for completely removing it because it looked like it was still going to remain on YouTube at the very least. To go one step further and remove live performances of it is even more admirable (though I do kinda regret never getting around to watching that one on SNL where he crawls over her, just to see how bad it gets, you know). I don't know if this will stop normal users uploading unofficial versions in the future but that's another story. That audio had over 52 million views and was her second most viewed audio track after Million Reasons and was maybe her third or fourth most liked audio video, if I remember rightly, so that's a big deal. It now means physical copies will be well sought over and basically collectors items in future, for more than the foil packaging on the deluxe.

Now, sure, she didn't need to go this far and it's a shame this song has been completely removed for those who did like it but put it this way - there's now no more that she can do. There is nothing the naysayers can complain about, saying she's not doing enough to cut ties with him. She already showed that back in the day by never hanging out with him once song promotion was done, cancelled the release of the music video, only performed the solo version at Artrave and didn't include it on any touring/residency/greatest hits performance setlist since. But that wasn't enough for a lot of people. Now she really has done everything she could possibly do. She hasn't even made the solo or Xtina feature version available. So, we can say the whole thing's been put to bed and we can officially move on. Looking back on it all, at the time, I was so bummed out that she never released the video but over time, I became relieved that she never did as it could have seriously damaged her career to the point of no return if she had. But it was always about 80% relief because it would've been another big viewed video for her for sure. But now I can say I am 100% relieved it never happened because now things would be far worse and she'd have had to remove the video anyway, so its release would all have been for nothing anyway. Looks like it was never meant to be.

SharkmanthaC
4 hours ago, ARealWildMan said:

I have the CD and just ordered another copy lol :triggered:

I downloaded the AMAs performance, SNL performance, artRAVE performance and a few other performances literally last week without realising so I still have the videos :saladga:

Hide contents

Don't copyright or sue me pls

I bought one on Amazon yesterday.  It was $7.29 now it's $9.57 and I imagine it'll keep climbing. 

she/her/hers

edengowon
9 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I bought one on Amazon yesterday.  It was $7.29 now it's $9.57 and I imagine it'll keep climbing. 

Yeah, snatch them up whilst you can

For some reason this feels like the death of ARTPOP :cryga:

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Donny Winter

They removed the X-Tina version from YouTube also, which really surprises me. I didn't think they'd do that. 

A hybrid can withstand these things / my heart can beat with bricks and strings

Luxe Ford

Why won't these people just go wipe their hineys with glass wool and leave good music alone!

I literally give.. UP!

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, ARealWildMan said:

Yeah, snatch them up whilst you can

For some reason this feels like the death of ARTPOP :cryga:

I'm contemplating purchasing the vinyl too.

she/her/hers

truthteller

L. Gaga: Delete DWUW from my album on every platform

Interscope: Which version? The album version? The live version or the remixes?

L. Gaga: Yes

LadyLuca

I thought we get the solo version instead 

how can ARTPOP dissapoint me even YEARS LATER:air:

Spoiler

Jk- I love ARTPOP with all of my heart. 

Archived