Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Do What U Want removed from Spotify, iTunes and YouTube

joannethenight

Featured Posts

joannethenight
12 minutes ago, MEM said:

Should we be reporting the illegal uploads of the AMA performance? 

They removed 2 unofficial uploads including scenes from dwuw mv

🌹

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smother Em Eh

She better replace it with the Xtina version. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Zander

Unpopular opinion but I’ve actually always preferred the version with Xtina. I love their voices together and I wouldn’t call myself a fan of hers but I loved the performance on The Voice together. They had great stage presence and chemistry together. 

Awrah999

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand I respect her statement to support the victims, but on the other hand as a fan this is one of her best songs ever—vocally, melodically, and lyrically. And I actually prefer R Kelly’s vocals on it compared to the XTina or solo version; his actions are deplorable and coming more to light, but personally that doesn’t stop me from enjoying the song. It’s a highlight of the ARTPOP album, which for me was also a dark time, but this album made me dance and cry in ways few other musical works have done. Having this song removed from various platforms makes me sad, and it’s an unfortunate situation all around! 

Robo Ga

To everyone saying she should replace it with the solo/xtina version --- DID YOU READ WHAT GAGA SAID IN HER STATEMENT? The TITLE and LYRICS are extremely problematic and counterintuitive to the movement against rape culture and for CONSENT. I'm honestly aghast that people think she would release a solo version of a track called "Do What U Want (With My Body)" after releasing "Til It Happens To You." This is a new level of delusion I've never seen on Gaga Daily ever. WOW. 

🤖⚡️

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Robo Ga said:

To everyone saying she should replace it with the solo/xtina version --- DID YOU READ WHAT GAGA SAID IN HER STATEMENT? The TITLE and LYRICS are extremely problematic and counterintuitive to the movement against rape culture and for CONSENT. I'm honestly aghast that people think she would release a solo version of a track called "Do What U Want (With My Body)" after releasing "Til It Happens To You." This is a new level of delusion I've never seen on Gaga Daily ever. WOW. 

DWUW implies consent though? Am I misunderstanding? 

CanadaGoesGaga
2 minutes ago, Robo Ga said:

Correct. Based on her statement I believe she is done with the song fully and wants it gone. All versions. 

Robo Ga
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

DWUW implies consent though? Am I misunderstanding? 

Show me where DWUW implies consent. 

🤖⚡️

3 hours ago, Jeroen Bloeming said:

She better replace it with the solo version

This. DWUW remains a good bop especially the solo version. 

Morphine Prince
1 minute ago, Robo Ga said:

Show me where DWUW implies consent. 

Saying “do what you want” implies consent, is what I meant. 

RAMROD

RIP DWUW 💐

But guess who still got all versions in his library?? Moi :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Robo Ga
1 minute ago, Morphine Prince said:

Saying “do what you want” implies consent, is what I meant. 

"Do what you want" is a convoluted form of consent, implying loss of body autonomy & total control, if you ask me. And if you ask Gaga, who just described the title as "explicitly twisted," I'm sure she'd agree. There are arguments to be made that the song was meant to be empowering, and I get that. But my point here is, R Kelly is not the only thing wrong with this song, in a modern context. 

🤖⚡️

EnigmaGaga

Do what u want was the song that got me into gaga. Today is a sad day for me. Dwuw is one of my favorite songs. 

R.i.p Dwuw 2013 - 2019

Slap honey on a young pancake.

KatieJudasGaga4

Wow, I had Do What U Want still on my playlist and the song played for 2 seconds and got deleted.

Archived