đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, Admin said:

I don't think it can. Tens (or hundreds) of people are involved in a world tour, from dancers to technicians. You can't have them work 1 day a week.

They don't have other jobs? What do they do during the YEARS that she does no shows at all? 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona
2 minutes ago, Admin said:

Not sure where you're getting those prices. Going to see her in Vegas can cost you less than £800. Not to mention that you can combine it with your actual vacation.

Thank you so much for that post !!

People saying only rich people can attend are just annoying. I'm not rich and I definitely can save for 2020. 

giskardsb
5 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

The subtext is her core audience for Vegas are arguably of that privileged white background. Her label is not dumb they know her market for this business. Gaga's label is complicit in the retention of white privilege in the cultural sphere, at least in relation to Vegas. 

£350 still does not compare to over £3000 for Vegas. Maybe there are an odd few who have diligently saved up their money for years, but the majority of the Vegas audience are definitely rich white gays and their rich white *** hags. 

You're reinforcing your own racist ideas onto me and on my posts again. You are the biggest racist here. 

this is the problem with the "White Privilege" argument in America in general... when you see "white privilege" in EVERYTHING, then the power of the term is diminished to nothing, because it just turns into a derogative used against people who have more than others.

Bobbins
Just now, OliverDaniels said:

If she does a third year I will be very disappointed 

I really want confirmation on this more than anything. I never saw video proof but some people said she's gonna be there for 3 years which is heartbreaking for international fans who can't afford to see her in Vegas.

Head Empty
8 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Plus, there's no reason why a tour can't be as spaced out or even more so. She's the boss, she can make it work to suit her health.

You do realise that theres tons of people travelling with her on tour right? People who build the stage, stage crew, dancers, band, and all other members of her team. Not only would it cost more to accommodate them if you strech out the tour, you also need to keep all them happy. And I don't think many would like to be away from home that long if there are gaps of 1-2 weeks where they aren't even working / doing what they love.

PartySick
Just now, Bobbins said:

I really want confirmation on this more than anything. I never saw video proof but some people said she's gonna be there for 3 years which is heartbreaking for international fans who can't afford to see her in Vegas.

She said on stage "I'll be here for two years. Three if I'm lucky!"

đź–¤

Saint Laurent
Just now, Bobbins said:

You're taking this a bit too far... it's inconvenient and unnecessary, not "heartbreaking". Don't be so melodramatic.

I bought 2 tickets but had to sell them cause the US visa problem is not going to be solved by the end of the year, so I'll buy for next year.

I'll come from Costa Rica, we live from one salary, but can still afford a vacation in Vegas, because we save, we ear and we know not to buy useless stuff for expensive prices..

It's not how rich you are, it's how you manage your money... if you manage it will you can buy not once but twice a trip to Vegas..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

3 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

They don't have other jobs? What do they do during the YEARS that she does no shows at all? 

Yeah, they don't have one-week jobs in every city on Gaga's world tour...

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, Why am I on GGD said:

You do realise that theres tons of people travelling with her on tour right? People who build the stage, stage crew, dancers, band, and all other members of her team. Not only would it cost more to accommodate them if you strech out the tour, you also need to keep all them happy. And I don't think many would like to be away from home that long if there are gaps of 1-2 weeks where they aren't even working / doing what they love.

I'm talking like 6 shows a year sis, they can go home in between :laughga:

3 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

I was there when she said it. I'll explain in detail so you don't have other inconvenient questions OR assumptions. She was sitting at her piano thanking everyone for coming to the show and talking about how much she loved her fans. She then proceeded to say that she will be in Vegas for 2 years AND LISTEN then she said: "maybe three if I'm lucky who knows Park MGM". It was just a moment during her show, no contracts, nothing from MGM, just Gaga word of mouth. 

Saint Laurent
Just now, Admin said:

Yeah, they don't have one-week jobs in every city on Gaga's world tour...

Clearly you haven't read what I've said. I've said more than once 'a few shows'. Like I said above, I'm talking 6 shows a year max - it's perfectly feasible. 

A Hybrid
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Like I said, save your money then :laughga:

Or go see your own national queen :shrug:

This is just— Gaga is not US’s national superstar, she’s an international megastar.

Just accept that it’s always harder for international fans. I bet Gaga had more than 10 live shows in Florida. All I’m saying is, you can’t come for international fans complaining about Vegas if you live in the US.

No family’s safe when I sashay

OliverDaniels
Just now, Bobbins said:

Ik that she said that she’ll be there for three if she’s lucky. 

I was meant to go to the JWT and after the postponed dates were released I spent a sh*t tonne of money (for an upper school student with no job and a low income household anyway) for it and when it was cancelled I was distraught, not just coz of the money but for the emotional letdown. 

I wish I could afford to go to Enigma but having to pay for not only tickets but hotels and flights means that it’s impossibke. I’m hoping that she releases some dates fir and International Enigma show.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived