💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent
Just now, Glamourpuss said:

The way I see it (as a European fan) is she's worked so hard for years touring the world. There was a time when she never seemed to have a day off in at least 2 years. Every day she was in the papers doing something new and I wondered when does she get the time to herself to go on vacation, have a lazy Sunday in just her pyjamas, etc

I think she deserves to be closer to home for a few years. Touring the world can take its toll. She suffers from fibromyalgia and if that means she can still perform without breaking her back (and hip) every day then I think she deserves a couple of years to do this. 

She may come back to the rest of the world in a few years but for now she's doing this which is actually one of her dreams come true. 

It's selfish for fans like us to say it's not fair to us. Because it's not fair to her either. At least Vegas is a compromise because it very easily could have been nothing at all. 

I think it's fair if she did nothing tbh, then maybe a show every now and again in a different place.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bobbins
8 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

Gaga playing in Vegas has nothing to do with the racial power struggles of middle America.  You are making this a race based issue when it isn't.

Let be clear... there are legit racial power struggles in America, and of course the distribution of money and power is concentrated.  But trying to leverage that argument against Gaga being in Vegas is attempting to make her show there into a social issue which is not connected.  Its a non-sequitur fallacy.   

Argue all you want how America needs to figure out how to get a better distribution of money across classes.   But don't try to claim Gaga part of that problem.

The subtext is her core audience for Vegas are arguably of that privileged white background. Her label is not dumb they know her market for this business. Gaga's label is complicit in the retention of white privilege in the cultural sphere, at least in relation to Vegas. 

8 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

You know money means different things to different people. That £350 was a big hole in our pocket, but we had earned it and was willing to pay it. I really think you're being judgemental about the people that attend the Vegas shows. A lot of people have saved for a very long time and made cuts to their budgets to be able to afford the tickets. It isn't just for "gay rich white people" as you said. I think it's very disrespectful to make such judgements.

£350 still does not compare to over £3000 for Vegas. Maybe there are an odd few who have diligently saved up their money for years, but the majority of the Vegas audience are definitely rich white gays and their rich white *** hags. 

8 minutes ago, Douche said:

You are proving my point. You're a racist to the core.

You're reinforcing your own racist ideas onto me and on my posts again. You are the biggest racist here. 

Just now, Saint Laurent said:

Right so she performs on the plane when she tours? :laughga:

To do a tour show, she has to get on a plane, go through customs, get dressed to meet fans, do press interviews, do soundcheck and more.

To do a Vegas show, she has to get out of bed, get dressed and walk 100 feet to the venue.

2 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

She's travelling and performing right now :laughga:

Plus, there's no reason why a tour can't be as spaced out or even more so. She's the boss, she can make it work to suit her health.

She's literally traveling for award ceremonies (she sits there at a table and does nothing. There's no performing)... Her shows for vegas are spaced out

A tour is travel, show repeat. it's much more demanding than what she is doing right now.

Just think after a long day of flying would you rather lay down in bed or do something that requires the least amount of work OR practice an entire concert from start to finish/ perform a show that same exact day?  

GypsyVida
2 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

She's travelling and performing right now :laughga:

Plus, there's no reason why a tour can't be as spaced out or even more so. She's the boss, she can make it work to suit her health.

Where is she travelling to perform? I'm sorry, am I confused? Does Las Vegas have multiple locations across the globe?

I agree on the spaced out tours. An idea I had a while back was her doing 10 show tours in various continents over these three years when Enigma takes breaks. This would allow her to see everyone without killing herself.

I'm not sure as to where you live, but I am not anywhere close to Vegas myself. I live in Philadelphia. Like... 2,500 miles away from Vegas. But I am not complaining because I know what she has to go through when touring and it's not good. Just be happy that she still CAN perform for us. I have to save up for Vegas like everyone else. 

Stream COWBOY CARTER

monketsharona

Well if you want her to go on WW tour and cancel it half way... 

She's clearly not ready to travel a lot yet. Just let her time. Just be happy and gratful she'll be releasing new music during that 2/3 years break from touring. 

Saint Laurent
Just now, Admin said:

To do a tour show, she has to get on a plane, go through customs, get dressed to meet fans, do press interviews, do soundcheck and more.

To do a Vegas show, she has to get out of bed, get dressed and walk 100 feet to the venue.

Just now, QueenGa said:

She's literally traveling for award ceremonies (she sits there at a table and does nothing. There's no performing)... Her shows for vegas are spaced out

A tour is travel, show repeat. it's much more demanding than what she is doing right now.

Just think after a long day of flying would you rather lay down in bed or do something that requires the least amount of work OR practice an entire concert from start to finish/ perform a show that same exact day?  

For the 5th time, it can be as spaced out as she needs it to be.

Just now, Bobbins said:

£350 still does not compare to over £3000 for Vegas. 

Not sure where you're getting those prices. Going to see her in Vegas can cost you less than £800. Not to mention that you can combine it with your actual vacation.

A Hybrid
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I have to fly clear across the Continental US, you don't hear me complaining about Vegas not being in Florida or something :poot:

Omg this is really stupid :messga: I’m sorry

1. A lot of us live across the world, do you know how much international flights cost?

2. Most of those people need visas which cost money.

3. The US dollar is more than 5 times my country’s currency. It makes the prices just oof

Everyone across this side of the world wish they lived in Florida for Vegas you simply don’t get to complain

No family’s safe when I sashay

Just now, Saint Laurent said:

For the 5th time, it can be as spaced out as she needs it to be.

I don't think it can. Tens (or hundreds) of people are involved in a world tour, from dancers to technicians. You can't have them work 1 day a week.

PartySick
4 minutes ago, Admin said:

I think it's not the performing itself that's so bad for health, it's performing after having traveled hundreds of miles, doing press, meeting with fans, going through security and all that stuff.

According to MJ, the shows were the good parts. Performing, seeing the fans, all that. It was the traveling constantly, the jet lag, sometimes he'd do two or three shows without a full night's sleep, he didn't eat enough, he even fell harder into drugs near the end of his HIStory tour, it's just incredibly physically demanding and Gaga has chronic health issues to boot.

7 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

See above.

It doesn't work like that. She doesn't decide her tour schedule and the label likely demands dates that are compact so no tour date loses revenue from being performed years and years after its accompanying album was released.

🖤

Saint Laurent
Just now, GypsyVida said:

Where is she travelling to perform? I'm sorry, am I confused? Does Las Vegas have multiple locations across the globe?

I agree on the spaced out tours. An idea I had a while back was her doing 10 show tours in various continents over these three years when Enigma takes breaks. This would allow her to see everyone without killing herself.

I'm not sure as to where you live, but I am not anywhere close to Vegas myself. I live in Philadelphia. Like... 2,500 miles away from Vegas. But I am not complaining because I know what she has to go through when touring and it's not good. Just be happy that she still CAN perform for us. I have to save up for Vegas like everyone else. 

Where did I say she is travelling to perform? I'm sorry, am confused? I said she was travelling and performing, which she is in this period of her life.

I think she should have not done Enigma at all (she shouldn't risk it) and instead just rest/work on music or whatever at her own pace and do a few shows a year (in a different country each time).

PartySick
1 minute ago, A Hybrid said:

Omg this is really stupid :messga: I’m sorry

1. A lot of us live across the world, do you know how much international flights cost?

2. Most of those people need visas which cost money.

3. The US dollar is more than 5 times my country’s currency. It makes the prices just oof

Everyone across this side of the world wish they lived in Florida for Vegas you simply don’t get to complain

Like I said, save your money then :laughga:

Or go see your own national queen :shrug:

🖤

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

The way I see it (as a European fan) is she's worked so hard for years touring the world. There was a time when she never seemed to have a day off in at least 2 years. Every day she was in the papers doing something new and I wondered when does she get the time to herself to go on vacation, have a lazy Sunday in just her pyjamas, etc

I think she deserves to be closer to home for a few years. Touring the world can take its toll. She suffers from fibromyalgia and if that means she can still perform without breaking her back (and hip) every day then I think she deserves a couple of years to do this. 

She may come back to the rest of the world in a few years but for now she's doing this which is actually one of her dreams come true. 

It's selfish for fans like us to say it's not fair to us. Because it's not fair to her either. At least Vegas is a compromise because it very easily could have been nothing at all. 

This 1000 times - I'd rather have a Vegas-bound Gaga than an unhealthy, unhappy Gaga, or no Gaga at all.

Also, I believe she'll take this opportunity to finally get married and have a baby, something that her schedule the past few years totally prevented her from doing.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived