💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

Saint Laurent
Just now, QueenGa said:

What I meant by what I said was she is sick & works through it & some people seem to think it's an excuse for everything. Even though, as you pointed out, every day she is working, that doesn't mean she isn't having severe pain. Flying to award shows is much different than flying all around the world and putting on shows that are highly intense and are very physically demanding. I'm sorry if I came off a little mean :huntyga:  I was just a little agitated from the OP putting everyone in a category based on if they can go to the show. 

You're missing the point.

When she's touring she travels to perform a show.

Right now she's travelling and performing a show.

There's literally no difference. What's the difference? Lets not forget that she travels via a multi-million dollar private plane.

And, as I said, she can do much less shows if that's all she's able to do. One in the UK, one in Spain etc. 30 shows spaced out over a year seems like it would actually be less impactful on her health than her current schedule is.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GypsyVida
10 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

I appreciate the point, but really she could just do half the amount of shows... Plus, she seems tonnes better.

If she can travel around the country and world for ASIB and do a residency in Vegas, she can do a tour.

The health point is growing weak.

What you don't get is that the press tour for ASIB wasn't physically demanding. She would get on a plane, go to a city, go to the film festival in that city, and attend.

ASIB press tour: Travelling but not physically demanding

The Vegas residency is more physically demanding, but WAYYY less travel than a world tour. Plus, there are clusters of shows, instead of long legs that are 20 shows a piece.

Residencies: Physically demanding but not travelling

During JWT, much of the pain she was experiencing was due to the travelling and having a show every other day, and sometimes two or three days in a row.

World Tours: A lot of travelling and very physically demanding

So, a residency is the perfect combination for her fibro. It will allow her to rest and have time to recover in-between shows, but also provide a spectacular show with a lot of choreography and physically taxing movement.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Saint Laurent
Just now, Runway said:

So? She did 49 shows of Joanne Tour but at #50 she couldn’t do it anymore, you never know when fibro is going to come

So? Why is cancelling Vegas different to cancelling her tour?

2 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

But thinking about it again, how is a residency less strenuous than touring? Is the static location that much of a saver?

Yeah. I think it's not the performing itself that's so bad for health, it's performing after having traveled hundreds of miles, doing press, meeting with fans, going through security and all that stuff.

on topic: Well the only thing that would be "fair" to everyone is if she performed in literally every country of the world, which she obviously can't do. There will always be fans who will need to travel to see her. Me, for example, I live in Russia and it's obvious she's not touring here again, so the closest I can see her is probably Germany which is not that much cheaper to get to than Vegas. So I would actually prefer her to stay in Vegas because this way I know I'll be getting a better show in a better venue that's unlikely to get cancelled (like it happened when I was supposed to see her in Berlin and since my tickets were non-refundable I had to go anyway and see Dua Lipa). 

PartySick
16 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

What about her fans in Asia? What about her fans in Euroï»żpeï»żï»żï»żï»żï»żï»żï»ż?ï»ż

They have to save coins just like the rest of us :laughga:

I'm definitely lower-middle class when it comes to income and even I've been managing to put away several hundred towards a Vegas fund. I have to fly clear across the Continental US, you don't hear me complaining about Vegas not being in Florida or something :poot: Hopefully she does stay for three years, that only increases the odds of everyone saving up to go.

We can't expect her to constantly put herself out to please us. That's how it's been since she first got big. Now's her time to stay and we get to visit her :nick:

12 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

I appreciate the point, but really she could just do half the amount of shows... Plus, she seems tonnes better.

If she can travel around the country and world for ASIB and do a residency in Vegas, she can do a tour.

The health point is growing weak.

Traveling for the occasional award show and press spot before returning to do a handful of shows in a month's time =/= having a compact, demanding tour schedule where there's little time for anything other than traveling, exercising, performing, and repeating.

Ask any artist - touring is hell.

For someone with chronic health problems, it's got to be impossible :ohno:

đŸ–€

Supersonic

...you talk about this as if it were your human right to see your favorite pop star for cheap in your local theater. :air:

A Hybrid
14 minutes ago, QueenGa said:

I went opening night and I can assure you I am not rich nor middle-upper class. I guess she can't make everyone, including you, happy :interestinga:

Then you either saved up for like a year or you live in the US. Flights are SUPER EXPENSIVE. 

No family’s safe when I sashay

Saint Laurent
Just now, GypsyVida said:

What you don't get is that the press tour for ASIB wasn't physically demanding. She would get on a plane, go to a city, go to the film festival in that city, and attend.

ASIB press tour: Travelling but not physically demanding

The Vegas residency is more physically demanding, but WAYYY less travel than a world tour. Plus, there are clusters of shows, instead of long legs that are 20 shows a piece.

Residencies: Physically demanding but not travelling

During JWT, much of the pain she was experiencing was due to the travelling and having a show every other day, and sometimes two or three days in a row.

World Tours: A lot of travelling and very physically demanding

So, a residency is the perfect combination for her fibro. It will allow her to rest and have time to recover in-between shows, but also provide a spectacular show with a lot of choreography and physically taxing movement.

She's travelling and performing right now :laughga:

Plus, there's no reason why a tour can't be as spaced out or even more so. She's the boss, she can make it work to suit her health.

Saint Laurent
1 minute ago, PartySick said:

They have to save coins just like the rest of us :laughga:

I'm definitely lower-middle class when it comes to income and even I've been managing to put away several hundred towards a Vegas fund. I have to fly clear across the Continental US, you don't hear me complaining about Vegas not being in Florida or something :poot: Hopefully she does stay for three years, that only increases the odds of everyone saving up to go.

We can't expect her to constantly put herself out to please us. That's how it's been since she first got big. Now's her time to stay and we get to visit her :nick:

Traveling for the occasional award show and press spot before returning to do a handful of shows in a month's time =/= having a compact, demanding tour schedule where there's little time for anything other than traveling, exercising, performing, and repeating.

Ask any artist - touring is hell.

For someone with chronic health problems, it's got to be impossible :ohno:

See above.

elijahfan
28 minutes ago, Karl said:

What I worry about is that after the initial fan buzz of those who can actually go, she'll be performing to rich Americans who probably aren't even that big of a fan. I wonder how that'll feel for her when she's used to an arena of fans. 

I'll have to agree with this: went to see Gwen Stefani when I was in Vegas 2 weeks ago, she's in the 2nd leg of her Vegas residency, and except for the people near the stage, the audience was lame af

She'll probably need to revamp the show at some point (with new songs from a new album maybe? :ohwell:) to make fans want to go back, otherwise she'll get bored of this pretty fast

Just now, Saint Laurent said:

She's travelling and performingï»ż right now :laughga:

Not really, she's travelling OR performing right now. 

19 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Clearly you were wealthy enough and privileged enough to afford it though. Not everybody has that sweetie. Some of us struggle to pay rent and put food on the table. 

I think everybody is aware that people can have more money than others.. but let's be real. they could have been saving up since she announced the residency to do there. you don't know their living conditions. some people would love to meet gaga but can't afford to.. and if they can save they probably would. just a whole damn mess. just be grateful that she's even putting on a show with everything that's happened to her hip and pain-wise. there is absolutely no need to drag racism into this. just think before you speak.

lives behind the aura

Saint Laurent
Just now, Admin said:

Not really, she's travelling OR performing right now. 

Right so she performs on the plane when she tours? :laughga:

Glamourpuss

The way I see it (as a European fan) is she's worked so hard for years touring the world. There was a time when she never seemed to have a day off in at least 2 years. Every day she was in the papers doing something new and I wondered when does she get the time to herself to go on vacation, have a lazy Sunday in just her pyjamas, etc

I think she deserves to be closer to home for a few years. Touring the world can take its toll. She suffers from fibromyalgia and if that means she can still perform without breaking her back (and hip) every day then I think she deserves a couple of years to do this. 

She may come back to the rest of the world in a few years but for now she's doing this which is actually one of her dreams come true. 

It's selfish for fans like us to say it's not fair to us. Because it's not fair to her either. At least Vegas is a compromise because it very easily could have been nothing at all. 

Just learn not to have everything right here right now and sometimes you need to save money or you simply can't buy...

Instead of spending money on useless merch, you could save it and you could buy the 80$ ticket when they were available at that price :awesome:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived