💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

mvstraw
18 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Okay let me rephrase this then. How is Gaga doing a Vegas residency for 3 years fair for her normal fans who can't afford to come to Vegas to see her? Ever since the Joanne album campaign Gaga has been appealing to a whiter American audience who uphold the privileges of white culture. I feel like with the Vegas residency it's the same thing considering it's in Vegas and only rich white gays can afford to go there. What about her fans in Asia? What about her fans in Europe? This is extremely unfair for her wider audience who had to face cancellation from her last tour too. 

oh no the SJWs are at it again :madge: we gotta go

original.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

But she is working... every day :laughga:

Think before you type sis.

What I meant by what I said was she is sick & works through it & some people seem to think it's an excuse for everything. Even though, as you pointed out, every day she is working, that doesn't mean she isn't having severe pain. Flying to award shows is much different than flying all around the world and putting on shows that are highly intense and are very physically demanding. I'm sorry if I came off a little mean :huntyga:  I was just a little agitated from the OP putting everyone in a category based on if they can go to the show. 

Born To Slay

Well here’s the thing, if this is unfair, then every tour she’s ever done is unfair to someone. 

noisullitcefrep

How do you target a black or white audience? I mean it's a wild concept, but Joanne was just exactly the kind of music she wanted and needed to do at that time. She went back to her roots and, obviously, she's not black, therefore it might have a "white vibe" (:air:). 

I'm kinda shocked about some comments about her health. I think there is only one person who knows what's best for her and her health and that'd Gaga herself. So yeah, it's sad that right now touring might be impossible for her, but only she has to right to decide whether she should do something or not.

Celebrities are not obligated to perform for their fans. You are not entitled to be able to see her perform. So it can never be unfair

Bobbins
6 minutes ago, monster4life231 said:

You do know that her concert tickets are usually expensive in other places too. We spent £350 on Gaga tickets and that was a heck of a lot of money to us, but I had waited for like 8 years to see her, and then it was cancelled. I'm not bitter about Vegas, it's her choice and her artistry. You should be grateful that she's here able to perform for us. All the artist I stan are dead. Enjoy her while she's here performing for us. 

Sweetie it's a lot less expensive than affording Vegas. 

7 minutes ago, Douche said:

Correct, she is not racist. But you sure are by imputing such vile motives to her.

No if anything you are the racist for attaching those kind of implications to what I said. How vile. There's a difference between reinforcing racist ideas like you have done and me making comments about racial issues in relation to Gaga's audience. 

8 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

If you have ever been to any Gaga show, then somewhere somebody else would consider you to have a level of privilege they don't have because they wouldn't be able to afford to go to a show even if it was local.  Your argument degenerates into "Gaga should travel the world and play for free."

People can afford a £80 ticket. They can't afford however £3000 to go see her in Vegas. 

Runway

Vegas is 99% international tourists

second, going to a pop concert in itself is a privilege not something everyone must have access too. Some people work really hard to pay their tickets, hotels etc

Oriane

If I could find that member who said "bUT We'RE noT mAKiNg evERyThinG aBoUT RAcE"

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

3 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

What's wrong with challenging the racial power structures of middle America? The truth is you're just uncomfortable because for once in history, ethnic minority people are calling out these issues and uprising towards the white privilege our society is coated in. White people no longer have a monopoly over public discourse; ethnic minorities now have control over that dialogue too. Get used to it. 

I really don't understand how going to an expensive show can be a racial privilege, but go off I guess?

hausofcy

i know it sucks for fans who can't afford to go. I can't either at the moment. But please be aware of the fact that she sells enough records to make profit for the label. She's not obliged to tour the world yet she does it. Considering her health we should be grateful for world tours and she will be back touring the world at one point, just not as frequent as back in the day. Vegas gives her a chance to keep performing while taking good care of herself. Sucks for some of us but if you really want to go and she stays there for 3 years and you start saving now you can go :shrug:

🇯🇵

giskardsb
1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

What's wrong with challenging the racial power structures of middle America? The truth is you're just uncomfortable because for once in history, ethnic minority people are calling out these issues and uprising towards the white privilege our society is coated in. White people no longer have a monopoly over public discourse; ethnic minorities now have control over that dialogue too. Get used to it. 

Gaga playing in Vegas has nothing to do with the racial power struggles of middle America.  You are making this a race based issue when it isn't.

Let be clear... there are legit racial power struggles in America, and of course the distribution of money and power is concentrated.  But trying to leverage that argument against Gaga being in Vegas is attempting to make her show there into a social issue which is not connected.  Its a non-sequitur fallacy.   

Argue all you want how America needs to figure out how to get a better distribution of money across classes.   But don't try to claim Gaga part of that problem.

monster4life231
1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

6 minutes ago, Douche said:

You know money means different things to different people. That £350 was a big hole in our pocket, but we had earned it and was willing to pay it. I really think you're being judgemental about the people that attend the Vegas shows. A lot of people have saved for a very long time and made cuts to their budgets to be able to afford the tickets. It isn't just for "gay rich white people" as you said. I think it's very disrespectful to make such judgements.

spread peace - #MJInnocent

Teal Ambition

You again? You sound so bitter omfg :interestinga:

Would you prefer she not tour at all and we go into some sort of blackout era again? Go on a tour and then cancel halfway through? Gaga has talked about her health countless times and it seems like it goes right over your heads most of the time :smh:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Runway
11 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

But she is working... every day :laughga:

Think before you type sis.

So? She did 49 shows of Joanne Tour but at #50 she couldn’t do it anymore, you never know when fibro is going to come

2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

No if anything you are the racist for attaching those kind of implications to what I said. How vile. There's a difference between reinforcing racist ideas like you have done and me making comments about racial issues in relation to Gaga's audience. 

People can afford a £80 ticket. They can't afford however £3000 to go see her in Vegas. 

You are proving my point. You're a racist to the core.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived