💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

How is the Vegas residency fair to her fans?

Bobbins

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

I really want confirmation on this more than anything. I never saw video proof but some people said she's gonna be there for 3 years which is heartbreaking for international fans who can't afford to see her in Vegas.

Speak for urself. I'm an "international fan" and I can't afford to see her in Vegas, and I could not be more away of being heartbroken. I feel happy for her. This was her dream, and she is now performing a fking awesome show! :kara: btw everything u are saying sounds pretty selfish tbh :green:

could mean anything

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Saint Laurent said:

Clearly you haven't read what I've said. I've said more than once 'a few shows'. Like I said above, I'm talking 6 shows a year max - it's perfectly feasible. 

I guarantee a 6-year show will get more backlash and complaints than Vegas, also it would probably be very expensive considering the limited amount of performing dates 

GypsyVida
7 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Omg this is really stupid :messga: I’m sorry

1. A lot of us live across the world, do you know how much international flights cost?

2. Most of those people need visas which cost money.

3. The US dollar is more than 5 times my country’s currency. It makes the prices just oof

Everyone across this side of the world wish they lived in Florida for Vegas you simply don’t get to complain

This is very ignorant. The United States is a gargantuan sized country and it would be very closed-minded to think that its some simple task for ANY American to get to Vegas. I live in Philadelphia. Across the entire country from Vegas. I am in college. I have housing, tuition, food, insurance, car bills and loans to pay. Do you see me complaining about not getting to go to Vegas? No.

Stop acting like every American is rich and can afford a trip to Vegas.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Bobbins
3 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

this is the problem with the "White Privilege" argument in America in general... when you see "white privilege" in EVERYTHING, then the power of the term is diminished to nothing, because it just turns into a derogative used against people who have more than others.

Sweetie, white privilege has historically been linked to culture and the arts. Literature, art, and even music, were areas marked by white space. Do you ever wonder why there's not an ethnic minority equivalent to Shakespeare taught in literature class? Or why all the famous renaissance painters are white? Even music, people like Elvis Presley, are worshiped as legends when artists like him were racist and ripped off the artistry from black musicians. Like I said, for once in history, this kind of discourse is not monopolized by white people. Ethnic minority people are no longer afraid to speak out and this is why white people are uncomfortable because there's a seismic shift happening in culture and white supremacy. The status quo is being challenged on the racial lines and this will continue growing because we are starting to gain power in our voice. 

GypsyVida
11 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

Where did I say she is travelling to perform? I'm sorry, am confused? I said she was travelling and performing, which she is in this period of her life.

I think she should have not done Enigma at all (she shouldn't risk it) and instead just rest/work on music or whatever at her own pace and do a few shows a year (in a different country each time).

lmao I'm not even gonna fight anymore. It's just obvious you're not getting it.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

Saint Laurent
Just now, QueenGa said:

I guarantee a 6-year show will get more backlash and complaints than Vegas, also it would probably be very expensive considering the limited amount of performing dates 

I disagree - it gives everyone an opportunity to see her and she can spend more time taking care of herself.

Even if tickets were like £300, it would still be cheaper than travelling halfway across the world. Plus, it would obviously be in stadiums, which would drive down the price.

1 minute ago, Bobbins said:

Sweetie, white privilege has historically been linked to culture and the arts. Literature, art, and even music, were areas marked by white space. Do you ever wonder why there's not an ethnic minority equivalent to Shakespeare taught in literature class? Or why all the famous renaissance painters are white? Even music, people like Elvis Presley, are worshiped as legends when artists like him were racist and ripped off the artistry from black musicians. Like I said, for once in history, this kind of discourse is not monopolized by white people. Ethnic minority people are no longer afraid to speak out and this is why white people are uncomfortable because there's a seismic shift happening in culture and white supremacy. The status quo is being challenged on the racial lines and this will continue growing because we are starting to gain power in our voice. 

And what does this mean? like really. I don't get the connection between this and Enigma. :toofunny:

could mean anything

Runway
23 minutes ago, Saint Laurent said:

So? Why is cancelling Vegas different to cancelling her tour?

She won’t cancel vegas lol. Traveling to promote the movie is not nearly as stressful and demanding as traveling to sing and dance for 2 hours every night 

A lot of us Americans, or should I say "White privileged scum", can't afford to go to Vegas either, so shut your mouth.

Aga Gydal

She had to cancel two world tours because of physical pain so I imagine staying in one place is good for her health. 

I guess it’s not fair but you’re also completely not required to go. What’s with these strange critical topics lately?

17 minutes ago, PartySick said:

They have to save coins just like the rest of us :laughga:

I'm definitely lower-middle class when it comes to income and even I've been managing to put away several hundred towards a Vegas fund. I have to fly clear across the Continental US, you don't hear me complaining about Vegas not being in Florida or something :poot: Hopefully she does stay for three years, that only increases the odds of everyone saving up to go.

We can't expect her to constantly put herself out to please us. That's how it's been since she first got big. Now's her time to stay and we get to visit her :nick:

Traveling for the occasional award show and press spot before returning to do a handful of shows in a month's time =/= having a compact, demanding tour schedule where there's little time for anything other than traveling, exercising, performing, and repeating.

Ask any artist - touring is hell.

For someone with chronic health problems, it's got to be impossible :ohno:

This

Touring is very demanding even for a healthy person.

Gaga's health and happiness is much more important to me than seeing her in concert.

I live outside the space time continuum.

GypsyVida
4 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

lol while this may be true, it literally has nothing to do with Enigma.

Stream COWBOY CARTER

A Hybrid
3 minutes ago, GypsyVida said:

This is very ignorant. The United States is a gargantuan sized country and it would be very closed-minded to think that its some simple task for ANY American to get to Vegas. I live in Philadelphia. Across the entire country from Vegas. I am in college. I have housing, tuition, food, insurance, car bills and loans to pay. Do you see me complaining about not getting to go to Vegas? No.

Stop acting like every American is rich and can afford a trip to Vegas.

I was not. I told an American who was saying “I live in Florida and you don’t see me complaining” how it’s so different.

A college student? Not even someone 5 years into their career as a lawyer could afford Vegas if they’re from Turkey.

It is different. Not every american is rich but only maybe 1% of our countries can afford stuff like this.

No family’s safe when I sashay

7 minutes ago, Bobbins said:

Are you ready to explain yourself and back up your ignorant OP in your own words or are we just gonna keep copy and pasting :lolga: 

Bobbins
5 minutes ago, DCgaga said:

A lot of us Americans, or should I say "White privileged scum", can't afford to go to Vegas either, so shut your mouth.

You are incredibly hostile for no reason. I never said that quote and you trying to push that narrative on me just shows how uncomfortable you are at an ethnic minority discussing race. 

6 minutes ago, Aglaya said:

And what does this mean? like really. I don't get the connection between this and Enigma. :toofunny:

Enigma, as a business model, is targeted towards a white audience mostly. Because white people historically, particularly in America, are wealthier and more privileged and so would be able to afford Vegas as a result. Enigma represents the culture, a space which has historically been privileged for white people, and that is my core problem with it because the way it's tailored for white people to afford it and not her international fans. 

I'm not saying there aren't rich, privileged ethnic minorities who can afford Enigma, I'm just saying mostly it's her white rich audience who will be the prime consumer of this cultural piece. 

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived