💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

What should Gaga apologize for/address of the things she did in the past?

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IAmNotHere1997

I'd probably ask her about some of ARTPOP in its original form, since the final product was less or more manufactured by her label, and definetly not how she imagined.

AJRocketMan
18 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

The bulimia "art" on SXSW. That is where I draw the line

That wasn't glorifying bulimia. Have you even heard or read her explanation for it? It was a middle finger to her rapist, the pop music industry, and her manager; telling them that they could destroy her or defile her all they want but in the end they had no power over her. She took back the power of her own self by degrading herself more than anyone else ever could by making herself look ugly and covering herself in vomit. It was also about making an artistic statement—encouraging people to express themselves through any kind of art that they choose or that they believe in. She even said that she felt so deeply passionate about anyone with an artistic talent that they believe in. That, to me is the ultimate manifesto of Lady Gaga's ethos as an artist, and not just a celebrity or a pop star who makes hit songs for people to bump to.

Mirages
2 hours ago, Layton said:

Machete Kills. That movie was awful.

Hide contents

:derpga:

I loved it... It was so bad it made for a good laugh. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

ShayCristoforo
Just now, AJRocketMan said:

That wasn't glorifying bulimia. Have you even heard or read her explanation for it? It was a middle finger to her rapist, the pop music industry, and her manager; telling them that they could destroy her or defile her all they want but in the end they had no power over her. She took back the power of her own self by degrading herself more than anyone else ever could by making herself look ugly and covering herself in vomit. It was also about making an artistic statement—encouraging people to express themselves through any kind of art that they choose or that they believe in. She even said that she felt so deeply passionate about anyone with an artistic talent that they believe in. That, to me is the ultimate manifesto of Lady Gaga's ethos as an artist, and not just a celebrity or a pop star who makes hit songs for people to bump to.

I appreciate that. But the physical act itself is forcing yourself to puke. So I still believe it was very tone deaf.
It's true that artists can perform their own truths. But who did this serve? It only served Gaga herself, so it was very self indulgent. With the platform and messaging she's created, she should be more responsible than that.

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Runway
33 minutes ago, ShayCristoforo said:

The bulimia "art" on SXSW. That is where I draw the line

Demi is that you

Gagaplayer315

This thread is a ridiculous mess, now she has to apologize for not doing what you guys want her to do... 

ShayCristoforo
19 minutes ago, Runway said:

Demi is that you

Call it what you want, it's a valid criticism lol 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Runway
1 minute ago, ShayCristoforo said:

Call it what you want, it's a valid criticism lol 

if you say so :ohwell:

4 hours ago, Bambino said:

Honestly, and I know not everyone's gonna like this but here it goes: there were some situations where I hoped that Gaga would've said/done something about but she either remained silent or outrageously did the exact opposite of what I was expecting from her. Yes, she's not a social activist or a politician, and I don't expect her to solve every problem in the world, but when she bases off her entire career on ideas and slogans of freedom, equality, peace and love for all, you'd just expect a little more from her, like a simple tweet would've been enough because it means that she knows and that she's aware and probably cares. For example, I don't like the fact that she never addressed the Palestinians when most pop artists broke their silence on that matter, especially in 2014, I mean even Selena Gomez said something, and she's Selena Gomez (no shade for the fans!)

Definitely this. Shame on anyone who thinks Palestinian rights are laughable and who cared more about that one concert than bombs right next door. 

I’m hopeful she’ll educate herself on this topic one day, like many other artists did. 

FreePalestine

2 hours ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

This thread is a ridiculous mess, now she has to apologize for not doing what you guys want her to do... 

it’s not necessarily about apologizing, but what fans wish she would’ve handled differently in past and she could change that in future; everyone makes mistakes and she showed she’s not afraid to own up to hers.

FreePalestine

Archived