💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

What should Gaga apologize for/address of the things she did in the past?

Bambino

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Nobody said a thing about hatred or ignorance. However, sometimes, you find really hot topics going on in the world, and you either pick a side or remain silent or neutral. But from someone as outspoken and brave as Gaga, let's say, I expected something else especially when it comes to the example I gave in the OP. That's all.

We could obviously discuss this for many many hours and we'd probably end up disagreeing, but once again, I think this is a standard that's WAY too high for basically anyone in the Entertainment Industry, not only our good sis Gaga. 

1.gif

10 minutes ago, NewYorkCity said:

The **** is this "tweet something" thing we are trying to promote? What I love the most about Gaga is that when she tweets something, she actually DOES something. 

THIS. Thank you very much. I'd rather have her focusing on one issue but actually taking action, than tweeting about every social issue that's going on in the universe while doing absolutely NOTHING.

ミ☆

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Didymus said:

Because Israel is engaged in a systematic and internationally illegal suppression of a group of people these artists can never perform for for exactly that reason.

Like Russia in Crimea, like Turkey with Cyprus, like US in the middle east and many countries that occupying others or inside a war zone in other countries.

If she went to perform in the occupied West Bank, I would say that you are right, but if she performs in Tel-Aviv, there's no reason to collectivlly punish all the Israeli citizens even those who are against the government actions.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Runway
2 minutes ago, Bambino said:

Just like every human being, everyone cares a bit more about something. I never said she HAS to say something about Palestine, I said it would've been good/nice. What's wrong with wanting your fave artist to care about something you also care about? And if you think that's too much or ridiculous, then why are getting involved with fans?

If you don't think she has to? why make a thread about it. I-

I don't know, the way you word it makes it seem like she's guilty of something

Just my 2 cents though 

Didymus

Also, can she apologize for working with Rick Ross and Terry lmfao

Ross is basically a criminal and she also intentionally chose him because he had a rape scandal (I'm guessing, since it just happened before ARTPOP was released) :smh:

Bambino
1 minute ago, Runway said:

If you don't think she has to? why make a thread about it. I-

I don't know, the way you word it makes it seem like she's guilty of something

Just my 2 cents though 

There's a certain occasion that's happening right now which is the fact that she finally addressed the R Kelly thing. In her tweet, she did seem (at least to me) that she regrets not being fully aware of his situation, and if she has, she wouldn't have worked with him. So that brought some other situations to mind. That's all.

Vitleysingur
19 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Zedd? :lmao: Already famous before he worked with her, that's why she worked with him :rip:

The rest are all equally dumb examples. She never worked with any of them lol, how does that compare to Madonna going out of her way to do a project with them? She even wanted to perform again with Gaga right after the reductive debacle and Gaga refused :shrug:

I'm not saying Gaga should've supported her peers more. I'm just saying that her calling out Madonna for something she doesn't do herself was just a desperate low blow (and no, that doesn't make all of Madonna's nasty comments she ever said ok, I'm just talking about Gaga here since that's the main topic lol).

So she must works with every goddamn junior star to aCKn0wLeDGe them? I saw a kind soul cheer up One Direction after being booed at the VMA. I saw a beautiful mind support Justin Bieber after being roasted on Internet.

Madonna collaborating with peers doesn't outweigh Gaga's continuous support and love for others. And in what dimension should a person with basic mindset to perform with Madonna after all this mess?

Try again

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

People may come for me but how she is outspoken about sexual assault and supporting all women, yet she openly loves Bill Clinton ( performing at his Birthday thing and saying “ I love you” to him etc). If she believes Christine Blasey Ford then it would be hypocritical to not believe Bill Clinton’s multiple victims. And this isn’t like the R Kelly situation where she didn’t know about what he’s done. Everyone her age should know about Bill Clinton, whether they believe it or not. 

Runway
2 minutes ago, Bambino said:

There's a certain occasion that's happening right now which is the fact that she finally addressed the R Kelly thing. In her tweet, she did seem (at least to me) that she regrets not being fully aware of his situation, and if she has, she wouldn't have worked with him. So that brought some other situations to mind. That's all.

None of the things you addressed are apology worthy unlike the Kelly thing, in fact she would have to apologize for the things she didn't do rather than the things she did do, which defeats the title 

1.gif

54 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Calling out Nicki and Katy unfairly for "copying" her looks, saying Madonna didn't support upcoming artists enough, that she had no soul and that she couldn't play musical instruments, supporting Hillary and not being able to explain why in an unbearably embarrassing interview and, last but not least, this:

article-2518796-19DEBD6400000578-194_634

:ohwell:

Are u sure u are a fan?

could mean anything

Bambino
10 minutes ago, Runway said:

None of the things you addressed are apology worthy unlike the Kelly thing, in fact she would have to apologize for the things she didn't do rather than the things she did do, which defeats the title

The title also has the word "address" in it. And I also gave the implication that she didn't say a thing about the Palestinian situation, or she did remain silent about it. You choose how to get it :flop: 

Miracle
13 minutes ago, Smcgibben said:

People may come for me but how she is outspoken about sexual assault and supporting all women, yet she openly loves Bill Clinton ( performing at his Birthday thing and saying “ I love you” to him etc). If she believes Christine Blasey Ford then it would be hypocritical to not believe Bill Clinton’s multiple victims. And this isn’t like the R Kelly situation where she didn’t know about what he’s done. Everyone her age should know about Bill Clinton, whether they believe it or not. 

People are complex. People are hypocrites. People have thoughts which differ from their ideology. They don't have to ask for forgiveness for absolutely every contradiction that makes them human. 

The R.Kelly thing was understandable (And I still find crazy that so many woke people made Gaga go through her trauma Gaga for a public apology that's done nothing but make people buy DWUW until it's deleted) 

45 minutes ago, Melech said:

Terry Richardson and the blackface pic. A popstar doesn’t need to get involved in international political things. 

came here to say these... people literally call me a racist in school for supporting her and pull up that goddamn photo :messga:

lives behind the aura

Whispering
1 hour ago, Bambino said:

I gave a specific example. Also give me half of her fortune and star power and let's see :usrs:

You don’t need money and star power to be an activist. 

ShayCristoforo

The bulimia "art" on SXSW. That is where I draw the line

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

Archived