💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

DWUW charting WW

bloody g

Featured Posts

hardcore1996
1 hour ago, Mirages said:

That's really nice and all, but girl if a bad person invented a cure for cancer would we not use it after their past was revealed? Ya'll tryna make everything white and black nowadays, when irl that really is not the case. The mindset is - the song is good but I'm not gonna let his actions prevent me from listening to the song when I like it, I'm not gonna stream it, but I will listen to it on my ipod from where I bought it before. He does not have that power over me that I will deny myself the song just cause he's a bad person. 

my point is, using your cancer analogy, if there were 100s of cancer cures why would you get mad if the hospitals stopped using one that was invented by a rapist, so he’d stop getting money. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teal Ambition

Buy ARTPOP on iTunes!!!111

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Glamourpuss
12 minutes ago, JFK said:

Blame for what?????

Yall guys need to chill.

Nobody except R. Kelly cannot be blamed for what he did nor anyone else should be held accountable for that except someone was directly helping him. People do have a right to make mistakes and to outgrow them.

I understand that. I've never said Gaga should have to justify her reasons for working with him. But others have, and now she's acknowledged that period and condemned him and the song. Fans are burying their head in the sand because they love the song too much. I think it raises questions about morality and is worth discussing.

1 hour ago, DutchHooker said:

LMAO, I listen to the song, cuz it's a big bop, I'm not - not gonna listen to a song, "beCAuSe it hAs r keLlY oN It"
Very 'sickening'

I still think the R. Kelly version is peak Gaga.

The instrumental, the vocals, the harmony between the two voices, Kellys eh-eh-eh-eh during the intro, the second chorus, this is just a RnB masterpiece :nooo:

Glamourpuss
6 minutes ago, Son of ARTPOP said:

There you go, ladies & gentlemen, online stupidity at its finest! HOW THE FUСK are the listeners supposed to take part of the blame for something like this? Suddenly we're supposed to feel guilty for liking a song that happens to be super good? That doesn't make us supporters of rape and abuse for your information. :saladga: :madge:

I just can't stand how society and especially those fake-аss "SJW" hypocrites are shifting the focus of the main issue. Gaga removing a song from her catalogue won't prevent another rape from happening. Kevin Hart not leading the Oscars won't disuade a homophobe to smash sth in my head because I'm holding hands with my bf in the street, etc. Examples nowadays are abundant.

DWUW like much of ARTPOP has always had a DUAL meaning. Have you all forgotten the media backlash she was getting in 2013? The song was intended as a jab at the bad press not only as a sexually-charged RnB track. Now I think we all agree that this "sexy" part was inappropriate from the very beginning considering the circumstances. But Gaga has done a lot and then some more to distance herself from this collab. Gaga's statement was perfect and was more than enough (cause surprise surprise she doesn't owe anyone an explanation). She re-recorded the song with Xtina, she scrapped the video, she performed it solo and has basically abandoned it post-2014 much like the rest of ARTPOP.

Why is it online stupidity? My stance all along has been that Gaga shouldn't have to explain herself, but now that she has, it raises questions about what's right and wrong especially as Gaga has given some insight into how twisted her mind was back then. It just strikes me as odd that DWUW is rising in the charts. It's like it goes against what Gaga has said in her last statement. 

Don't be so rude with your knee jerk reactions and actually listen and understand what others are saying. 

There are some fans such as myself who never liked the song. I think the dual meaning was flimsy because it was straight up obvious it's about rape and it's never sat right with me. I am so glad that she wants to erase it and move on. 

2 hours ago, JFK said:

She could of remove the R.Kelly song, replace it with solo version and give all the profit to charities that help abused women and men. 

omg this would be really beautiful :excited2:

could mean anything

Runway
2 hours ago, DutchHooker said:

LMAO, I listen to the song, cuz it's a big bop, I'm not - not gonna listen to a song, "beCAuSe it hAs r keLlY oN It"
Very 'sickening'

Agrih! Gaga made a masterpiece of a song she shouldn't apologize for that 

Anderson123

I think people are buying the song because it's getting removed from streaming platforms, at least that's what I'd do.

Ugh, I said this on another thread but seeing ARTPOP without Do What U Want feels like seeing The Fame Monster without Dance In The Dark or Born This Way without The Edge of Glory or Scheiße.

Archived