Gaga addresses R. Kelly

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Notthebling

I am shocked that she went THIS HARD.

We all knew she went through rough stuff, but I’m starting to wonder how dark is was during BTW to ARTPOP... like it almost sounds like the raping occured during those days.

It breaks my heart, and it makes me so sad that we still to this day don’t know much about what happened. I knew DWUW came from a dark place but never fully understood how much of a psychological defense it was for her to release the song. It hurts me to know she was at the time releasing while being in a bad state of mind.

oh gaga i wish i could hug you

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

Quartz

Am I the only one shook that we won't have the official copy of the original song available to us soon?! I admire her and all that but THE R KELLY VERSION WILL DISAPPEAR FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

It's my favorite version of the song I am freaking out. It's such a masterpiece. The commentary of three artists working on a project (Terry included) who are publicly crucified for their controversies. It's the ultimate FU. Now it's gone.

Again, I'm glad with her statement. It's the removal of her art that I'm freaking out about.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

18 minutes ago, Edible Cloud said:

transcript this pls :kiss:

I stand behind these women 1000%, believe them, know they are suffering and in pain, and feel strongly that their voices should be heard and taken seriously. What I am hearing about the allegations against R Kelly is absolutely horrifying and indefensible. Asa victim of sexual assault myself, I made both the song and video at a dark time in my life, my intention was to create something extremely defiant and provocative because I was angry and still hadn't processed the trauma that had occurred in my own life. The song is called "Do What U Want (With My Body)", I think it's clear how explicitly twisted my thinking was at the time. If I could go back and have a talk with my younger self I'd tell her to go through the therapy I have since then, so that I could understand the confused post-traumatic state that I was in- or if therapy was not available to me or anyone in my situation-to seek help, and speak as openly and honestly as possible about what we've been through. I can't go back, but I can go forward and continue to support women, men, and people of all sexual identities, and of all races, who are victims of sexual assault. I have demonstrated my stance on this issue and others many times throughout my career. I share this not to make excuses for myself, but to explain. Til it happens to you, you don't know how it feels. But I do know how I feel now. I intend to remove this song off of iTunes and other streaming platforms and will not be working with him again. I'm sorry, both for my poor judgment when I was young, and for not speaking out sooner. I love you

Morphine Prince

Imagine if she went Kevin Hart on us and tweeted “I cut ties years ago, I’m not discussing it, xoxo, Joanne” 

MonsterJay
Just now, Delusional Aura said:

If R.Kelly camp releases the video, we're screwed :madge:

He would be in soooo much legal drama

He wouldnt dare try!! 

FlopSlurper

Y'all better spam bobby with "replace DWUW with the SOLO version, don't remove it entirely". The solo is so much better :selena:

As it should be.

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

Dwh0AXXWkAEG8V0?format=jpg&name=large

She put "PERIOD" only on IG Stories omg :air: she really had enough of little complainers and the ones who were ONLY coming for her.

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Chris Thomason

I always thought R Kelly's verse instilled the wrong message for the song. Although the song was called Do What U Want (with my body) it was implied to be sexual but actually meant something else entirely. If you listen to the solo version/ xtina version, the song just doesn't seem sexually charged anymore to me.

WorstBehavior
5 minutes ago, gagasrat said:

DWUW video better never leak.

1 minute ago, Delusional Aura said:

If R.Kelly camp releases the video, we're screwed :madge:

Wouldn’t it be a horrible idea for him to release tho? It will just fuel the fire. Especially now that there’s a documentary about him.

Not her removing the best song in ARTPOP. 

And not her commenting about this situation just because people preassured her to. **** I hate this age we're living, blaming women on everything that men do wrong. 

WorstBehavior
3 minutes ago, Gohan said:

Dwh0AXXWkAEG8V0?format=jpg&name=large

She put "PERIOD" only on IG Stories omg :air: she really had enough of little complainers and the ones who were ONLY coming for her.

I think she means she believes the victims. And won’t support R Kelly. PERIOD. Not really coming for the ones asking her to speak out.

Delusional Aura
1 minute ago, WorstBehavior said:

Wouldn’t it be a horrible idea for him to release tho? It will just fuel the fire. Especially now that there’s a documentary about him.

I think since he knows he's going down, he'll try to take anyone with him as well. 

Archived