Tom Nook

Featured Posts

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RodeckDanny
16 hours ago, YourWhiskyMouth said:

RIP my chances of ever hearing DWUW live again :selena:

OMG I didn't even go to ArtRave and it's SUCH a bop! i WISH it had a different message :(

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

As a longstanding Gaga fan, who used to come here to check the discussions every now and then as a guest, today I felt like I had to say something.

Some of the posts in this forum regarding the R. Kelly allegations and Gaga's collaboration with him are truly troubling. The reactions here, and in every other social media platform, from this fanbase are not focusing on the victims at all. Instead the focus is on Gaga's image, reputation, the fact that she may loose the Oscar or even be nominated, and the fact that people may not be able to listen to DWYW ever again. That shouldn't be the focus!

The same thing is applicable to Gaga's so called apology, which couldn't be more fake. Why is her trauma more important that the trauma of R. Kelly's victims? She knew, she chose to collaborate with him, she didn't believe the victims, she believed in him -- it's as simple as that. There are no excuses. Of all R. Kelly's collaborators, she is the one with the most blame for choosing to collaborate with him. She choose him to sing on an explicitly sexual song in 2013, because of the allegations against him which dated almost 20 years, which she openly didn't believe and proved by the many times she defended him. 

The tweet below is from late 2014, when she was already working on TIHTY.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Her contradictions, not to say lies, and that so called apology for me was the last drop as a fan. In a few lines when she is supposed to apologise, she pulls the trauma card, the victim of sexual assault card, and the age card, because apparently when you are 27 years old you don't know what you are doing and shouldn't be held accountable for your actions. This wasn't about her, and she managed to make it about her, because, yes, she really wanted to save face to not ruin her changes during awards season and the future of her career.

I'm sorry to say that that's enough for me, Gaga. This fanbase has become only concerned about success, awards, sales and charts, and that's because Gaga is exactly the same. I feel bad for not seeing it sooner, but now it's as clear as it could ever be.

Mods, please feel free to delete my post, as it will just prove my point, that your main concern is to save Gaga's image at all costs, even at the cost of victims of sexual assault.

Nice plug for "Til It Happens to You" in this apology ... *facepalm*

Gaga.  Why.  Freaking WHY.  This apology was NOT good.  How many times did she needlessly mention herself in this statement? Too many times, let me tell you.  I think the whole "I was young" statement is lame, as she was twenty-freakin-seven at the time ... That's not a child making bad decisions.  That's an ADULT making decisions.  I don't doubt she was going through some stuff, but holy crap ... I remember when even the stans were begging her not to collab with him, and she didn't give a crap.  She was defending R. Kelly as recently as late 2014/almost 2015.

And the timing of the statement is bad, too. Convenient for awards season, right? She had five freaking years to say something.  FIVE.  She literally made statements when promoting ARTPOP that there were "lies" about R. Kelly.  Don't anyone dare tell me that she wasn't referring to the sexual assault accusations when she said that gross statement.

And she's still buddies with Terry Richardson, correct?

This whole thing leaves a very, very sour taste in my mouth ...

I mean, this statement alone should indicate how she feels about that period in her life, hence why she probably never performs more than Applause on tour anymore. 

Moreso, all it takes is some research into trauma victims to know that a large portion of them are so screwed up by the trauma that they literally gravitate towards other abusers. 

WorstBehavior
2 hours ago, urijah said:

As a longstanding Gaga fan, who used to come here to check the discussions every now and then as a guest, today I felt like I had to say something.

Some of the posts in this forum regarding the R. Kelly allegations and Gaga's collaboration with him are truly troubling. The reactions here, and in every other social media platform, from this fanbase are not focusing on the victims at all. Instead the focus is on Gaga's image, reputation, the fact that she may loose the Oscar or even be nominated, and the fact that people may not be able to listen to DWYW ever again. That shouldn't be the focus!

The same thing is applicable to Gaga's so called apology, which couldn't be more fake. Why is her trauma more important that the trauma of R. Kelly's victims? She knew, she chose to collaborate with him, she didn't believe the victims, she believed in him -- it's as simple as that. There are no excuses. Of all R. Kelly's collaborators, she is the one with the most blame for choosing to collaborate with him. She choose him to sing on an explicitly sexual song in 2013, because of the allegations against him which dated almost 20 years, which she openly didn't believe and proved by the many times she defended him. 

The tweet below is from late 2014, when she was already working on TIHTY.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Her contradictions, not to say lies, and that so called apology for me was the last drop as a fan. In a few lines when she is supposed to apologise, she pulls the trauma card, the victim of sexual assault card, and the age card, because apparently when you are 27 years old you don't know what you are doing and shouldn't be held accountable for your actions. This wasn't about her, and she managed to make it about her, because, yes, she really wanted to save face to not ruin her changes during awards season and the future of her career.

I'm sorry to say that that's enough for me, Gaga. This fanbase has become only concerned about success, awards, sales and charts, and that's because Gaga is exactly the same. I feel bad for not seeing it sooner, but now it's as clear as it could ever be.

Mods, please feel free to delete my post, as it will just prove my point, that your main concern is to save Gaga's image at all costs, even at the cost of victims of sexual assault.

I can say the same damn thing about African Americans and how people are focusing on Gaga and not all the other artists that collaborated with him. And how (I will continue to say it) the african american community is R. kelly biggest fan base but all of the sudden, Gaga is cancelled? She apologized. She didn’t make excuses for herself. And now removed all ties with R. Kelly. Why are you here talking about how Gaga fans are reacting instead of pushing for all the others artists to cut ties with him too? Where’s the same energy for the adults that failed those young girls (I’m talking about their parents)? Where’s the backlash for black men on twitter calling the documentary “Anti-black men propaganda?” Why aren’t we blaming the judge that let him walk free? You can be disappointed all you want about Gaga for making the terrible decision of collaborating with him. But she’s not the abuser here. R. Kelly is. No, your hypocrisy and of many others around social media is astounding. Funny how you (and many others who are apparently still angry and won’t be Gaga fans anymore) just joined Gagadaily. You can now leave, go back to MadonnaNation and stop pretending that you give a damn about the victims. 

7 hours ago, Married the Night said:

If we are blacklisting R Kelly then we need to do the same to Micheal Jackson. 

Lol the truth of it all 

Sanne Godijn
10 hours ago, Akiki said:

Disgusting how she uses her assault as an excuse. Like.... He was already known at the time as a possible Predator. How anyone in her team even let her?  Ugh. I tried, but 10 years later I'm unstanning. 

I can't support her from now on. She wants people to believe that she didn't knew? Right...

My mind can't understand how she, has a sexual assault victim, would be fine to work and simulate sex on stage with him. That's some messed up stuff. And years later she can't even say the name of the guy who assaulted her. It's disturbing and confusing. 

I know ARTPOP was a mess, but damn this is just way to weird

By bitch

20 minutes ago, WorstBehavior said:

I can say the same damn thing about African Americans and how people are focusing on Gaga and not all the other artists that collaborated with him. And how (I will continue to say it) the african american community is R. kelly biggest fan base but all of the sudden, Gaga is cancelled? She apologized. She didn’t make excuses for herself. And now removed all ties with R. Kelly. Why are you here talking about how Gaga fans are reacting instead of pushing for all the others artists to cut ties with him too? Where’s the same energy for the adults that failed those young girls (I’m talking about their parents)? Where’s the backlash for black men on twitter calling the documentary “Anti-black men propaganda?” Why aren’t we blaming the judge that let him walk free? You can be disappointed all you want about Gaga for making the terrible decision of collaborating with him. But she’s not the abuser here. R. Kelly is. No, your hypocrisy and of many others around social media is astounding. Funny how you (and many others who are apparently still angry and won’t be Gaga fans anymore) just joined Gagadaily. You can now leave, go back to MadonnaNation and stop pretending that you give a damn about the victims. 

Just what I was thinking as well. There’s this anti white woman rhetoric going around since the rise in calling out racism (which I support 100%). However, I’m definitely on board when you say that the black community is being completely extra and evil in their thirst for dragging her down when it’s literally not her fault and she owes NO ONE an apology. There are a million black artists who collaborated with him and no one is calling them out either. And no one will have the balls to bring this side of the discussion up because of fear of being labelled a ‘racist’ but I don’t give a ****. These are facts and it’s unfortunate that everything is so tied to race nowawadays. 

Archived