💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Gaga addresses R. Kelly

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

Glamourpuss
8 minutes ago, Akiki said:

Disgusting how she uses her assault as an excuse. Like.... He was already known at the time as a possible Predator. How anyone in her team even let her?  Ugh. I tried, but 10 years later I'm unstanning. 

I can't support her from now on. She wants people to believe that she didn't knew? Right...

My mind can't understand how she, has a sexual assault victim, would be fine to work and simulate sex on stage with him. That's some messed up stuff. And years later she can't even say the name of the guy who assaulted her. It's disturbing and confusing. 

I know ARTPOP was a mess, but damn this is just way to weird

Because she was young and naive. He wasn't charged with anything so she thought he must be innocent and because he's always getting trashed by the media she thought he was a victim of hyperbole much like she was. 

You need to look at Gaga's intentions and understand her mindset in that period of her life. She didn't deliberately set out to cause harm by rubbing this pedophile in people's faces. 

I think she is well within her rights to speak of her own abuse because she knows that as a victim herself, collaborating with him was hypocritical and something she seems to sincerely regret. If you know anything about survivors of sexual abuse or even Gaga's heart, you would understand that this situation probably makes her skin crawl and is something she wishes she could go back and change. 

I don't believe it's fair to condemn Gaga for this one mistake. We've all made mistakes and possibly done some things that others may find morally wrong. I don't think it's fair to judge her in such a serious way especially as she has shown remorse for her actions. What more do you want from her? A lynch mob to go after R Kelly? All she can do is apologise for the past and remove the song. She's held herself accountable for working with him and not blamed anybody but herself. Try to understand her instead of judging her. 

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thatfoxyfeeling
11 minutes ago, Akiki said:

Disgusting how she uses her assault as an excuse. Like.... He was already known at the time as a possible Predator. How anyone in her team even let her?  Ugh. I tried, but 10 years later I'm unstanning. 

I can't support her from now on. She wants people to believe that she didn't knew? Right...

My mind can't understand how she, has a sexual assault victim, would be fine to work and simulate sex on stage with him. That's some messed up stuff. And years later she can't even say the name of the guy who assaulted her. It's disturbing and confusing. 

Overreacting much? :wtfga: Gaga isn't a sexual predator, she is a victim. Get a grip, look at your own life and check your history because I'm sure you've made mistakes. :bye:

1 hour ago, Decidueye said:

F*CK you Annoying BITCH

Thank you, I guess? 

It’s not even about us keeping the song, it’s just that pretending the song itself has never happened, in my opinion, is not the best way to address this (even tho again, PR wise, probably is). She made a judgment mistake a few years ago just like everyone does, she learned from it and she’s actually one of the few artists to come forward with a statement about it.

that said, those insults were really uncalled for since you have no idea who I am and I have every right to politely voice my opinion on here. 

FentyGa

Finally
I'm glad she did it. I think it can give everyone some peace of mind about Gaga's true intentions and such.

FentyGa
4 hours ago, StarlightSeiya said:

Like I said. There are countless others who haven't said anything yet. Of course those three said something. Jeeze

I mean, on GGD Gaga is the main topic. I don't know of many artists who've collaborated with him because I just don't care
Also it's fair to assume that Gaga's being asked to speak up because the video and performances were so sexual and taken out of context, the lyrics can be seen as problematic when sung with R Kelly.

FentyGa
5 hours ago, Teal Ambition said:

I read on Pop Justice that R. Kelly has writing credits on all versions so odds are they are all disappearing from iTunes and streaming platforms.

It's a bop but I guess it'll be worth it

Serial Chiller
4 hours ago, hairbodyface said:

R.Kelly is one of the greatest r&b artists of all time, its a loss for Gaga. :excuseu:

Atleast now young millennials and the fortenight/tidepod generation can let go off their animosity towards Gaga. :smh:

I'm dissapointed in Gaga, how about you call out Terry Richardson? Ofc you won't tho, since your label wants to please white America and take down black men with series of crimes over a white man with the same series of crimes. :excuseu:

Mariah Carey and other artists will keep their music with R.Kelly because he's an actual legend, but you do you sis. I still have it on CD :huntyga:

Wow, just wow

:saladga:

And i thought I’d never see an R Kelly supporter here.

Scum.

nodandsmile

Good! I am happy that she's done this. Admitted she made a mistake, owned it and apologized for it. This is how you do it instead of playing the victim and acting like the world is out their to get you, with an "I don't give a f*ck" attitude. To those saying she shouldn't have to, actually yeah she had to. Stop thinking about those fanbases (like I used to) and woke twitter. I know she talked about secual assault, and TIHTY etc. But the woman literally said not long ago, on national television, that when a victim comes forward you have to support them and believe them. With all the things talked about in this documentory about somebody she knew, she would've been a freaking hypocrite if she stayed quite and I would soooo disappointed in her. I am glad that they are coming for other people too, so this is not a personal thing. And you all complaining about a song, are you freaking kidding me? That's all you can think about right now? GOODNESS!!! I am proud of her, really! Now if you believe it, good, if you don't, that's your problem because she can't change the past!

Boyboi12

R kelly haven’t even been convicted of anything! I don’t think she needed to apologize about a damn thing. 

Jeffrey_This_Way
4 hours ago, Chiunzhan said:

She can put her version with Christina instead or the solo version

As soon as the Christina version was released I replaced it and deleted the R. Kelly.  Haven't heard that version for years now.  That collaboration was always my biggest problem with the ARTPOP era.  

Mister G

I haven’t posted on here in ages but I figured why not. So she apologized for something that happened years ago.

I commend what she did, I truly do. It’s a demonstration that Lady Gaga isn’t a morally bankrupt individual compared to many other artists that associate themselves with people known for criminal activity and make excuses for them.

Personally, she didn’t owe anyone a darn explanation. And regardless, she was going to be crucified by everyone and their mother whether she apologized or not. This reminds me of Janet Jackson back in 2004 with the wardrobe malfunction. Not the same situation, but the double standard is still there; Janet got butchered by the press over the incident even though many people saw Justin ripped the part of clothing off—intentional or not Janet was torn apart by the press and had to make a public announcement apologizing for the incident that she more than likely had no control over.

The point is, everyone is quick to judge and blame Gaga for collaborating with R. Kelly, when no one knows the full story. Yes she made some remarks about “untrue things being said about him,” but no one was there in the studio in 2013 during ARTPOP’s creation discussing ideas for a guest artist appearance.

What disgusts me is how even in doing the right thing, it’s never good enough for practically anyone. She isn’t perfect. She’s a human being. Human beings make mistakes. As an adult, you learn from them and move forward hoping to never repeat them.

The fact that she’s getting heat by fans over this...put yourselves in her shoes and think for one moment how she must feel. Think about what you would do, and look at yourselves in the mirror and ask yourselves if you’re better than her or would have handled this differently. Some people say yeah they would have addressed this years ago, but what’s done is done and I’m sure had any of us been in the same emotional place she was in back in 2013 we all would have done the same thing she did. I can relate because I’ve done some dumb things before and if I could go back 5-6 years I’d gladly tell my younger self to think twice. 

Okay rant over.

SwissMonster

German TV will also air something about Gaga and R.Kelly at 8pm CET. To much attention for R.Kelly honestly :excuseu:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Tom Nook
2 hours ago, Akiki said:

Excuse me no, if you really gonna unstan when she addressed her mentality and warped judgement at the time and officially denounced all ties to him then fine by me don’t let the door hit you on the way out :bye: but the fact that you are unstanning now instead of when she first announced the collab goes to show how your own judgement is. 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Archived