Gaga addresses R. Kelly

Tom Nook

Featured Posts

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Runway
4 hours ago, howiet1971 said:

Actually, I've had this account for years, but don't get involved in any conversation normally

But the one time you do, it’s to come here with your edgy “balance” posts mmhmm interesting. Better celebrate with your Mad On a Nation friends :toofunny:

Anderson123

At first I thought Gaga didn't really have to apologize for working with him at a time when all of these hadn't exploded but now that she explains that her younger self wanted to be provocative and express herself in that way, it makes sense. The whole theraphy thing as well, she really put her heart and soul on ARTPOP and you can hear it on songs like Swine and Dope. It kind of makes sense that she addressed this and gives an explanation about it. Sad that it's the best song on the album and feels like taking The Edge of Glory off Born This Way or Dance In The Dark off The Fame Monster, if you guys know what I mean. Still love the song and listen to it but wow.

ChicaSkas

A little sad. This was Paul's favorite to work on on ARTPOP.

Also the remixes of it are fire.

But it cannot be removed from physical copies. So theres that.

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

hpmcmill

The last and final thing I think she and her team need to swiftly do is remove the song from iTunes and streaming services. If it takes too long and racks up sales in the meantime, that will not be a good look either. 

But ultimately, super glad she made this wonderful statement. 

Borislshere
2 hours ago, YourBeautiful said:

This is so sad. Rkelly should have never been invited onto the song as at its core Do What You Want is in no way about sex. Nothing about Gaga’s original lyrics refers to sex in any way. It’s provocative for sure but it’s not about sex. The original lyrics were born out of this photo from what I remember

The song has a dual meaning. One sexually and one about the media

Morphine Prince
9 hours ago, ltlmnstr said:

I'm just gonna hijack this comment and ask:

why do you type out nnnn? I see so many people do that. What's it suppose to mean?

It’s basically “LOL” I didn’t know what it was before either :lmao: 

2 hours ago, hairbodyface said:

R.Kelly is one of the greatest r&b artists of all time, its a loss for Gaga. :excuseu:

Atleast now young millennials and the fortenight/tidepod generation can let go off their animosity towards Gaga. :smh:

I'm dissapointed in Gaga, how about you call out Terry Richardson? Ofc you won't tho, since your label wants to please white America and take down black men with series of crimes over a white man with the same series of crimes. :excuseu:

Mariah Carey and other artists will keep their music with R.Kelly because he's an actual legend, but you do you sis. I still have it on CD :huntyga:

Uh...what? To quote Boondocks, “not every black man is Nelson Mandella.” This isn’t some unfounded, orchestrated takedown. For the love of God, the man is a monster regardless of race. Sure, she should speak up about Terry but why dredge that up just to make herself look bad when she cancelled all projects with him and hasn’t worked with him in years?

She deleted it because he was profiting off of the song. There’s no need to be so insensitive. She is trying to make amends and skewing this to be some O.J.-style race war that it isn’t is ridiculous. 21 counts of child ****ography. That’s how many counts he was indicted with with video evidence to substantiate and he only got off because he’s a man in power. Let that sink in.

lets not feel bad we have to spend a millisecond more searching the song on Youtube on a channel other than gaga’s to find it now. He isn’t profiting from her platform anymore which is great.

CannaeDrive

I really dont like that auto censorship under pressure from public opinion, media or her own fans.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

AlexanderMagno
36 minutes ago, ChicaSkas said:

A little sad. This was Paul's favorite to work on on ARTPOP.

Also the remixes of it are fire.

But it cannot be removed from physical copies. So theres that.

I'm very happy to know this by the way.

In my opinion, DWUW is not only one of Gaga's best songs (only behind Marry the Night, and still very closely), it was also one of the best productions I've heard in her songs (personally the best). I'm so glad to know Paul recognises this as a favourite :applause:seriously, despite the controversy around DJWS's own production (I remember it was very divisive), DWUW shows how brilliant and underrated Paul can be.

V e n u s
9 hours ago, MEM said:

It just makes me sad that she looks back at her younger self as being "explicitly twisted in (her) thinking" because even though it was a dark time, I think she was still incredibly smart and full of integrity...but now she's kind of dismissing her former self like "oh I was crazy back then" therefore everything she did at the time was stupid, or something? It kills me thinking that she hates herself for doing something she loved at the time, when she really was just expressing herself...and it's her right to. Does anyone agree with me/get what I'm saying?

DWUW is arguably one of the most meaningful tracks on ARTPOP - it was about resilience for goodness' sake! About how the media can say anything about you but they will never own you!! Now that she's removing it everywhere...it kind of defeats the purpose of the song. It's more just the fact that his vocals are featured on it...

I'm so proud of her for saying something, but I don't know why but the extra move to get rid of it just messes me up. Like I can't believe she has to remove a piece of her art from the world because of someone else's mistake...it just breaks my heart. :messga:

I totally understand where you're at. She shouldn't disregard her past creations. There is nothing wrong with being unapologetically artistic, as long as your art doesn't breed chaos. She's never used her artistry to specifically spread hatred or hostility, so she shouldn't call herself twisted. I tweeted her a long-ass message and I hope she sees it.

Disgusting how she uses her assault as an excuse. Like.... He was already known at the time as a possible Predator. How anyone in her team even let her?  Ugh. I tried, but 10 years later I'm unstanning. 

I can't support her from now on. She wants people to believe that she didn't knew? Right...

My mind can't understand how she, has a sexual assault victim, would be fine to work and simulate sex on stage with him. That's some messed up stuff. And years later she can't even say the name of the guy who assaulted her. It's disturbing and confusing. 

I know ARTPOP was a mess, but damn this is just way to weird

CanadaGoesGaga
1 minute ago, Akiki said:

Disgusting how she uses her assault as an excuse. Like.... He was already known at the time as a possible Predator. How anyone in her team even let her?  Ugh. I tried, but 10 years later I'm unstanning. 

I can't support her from now on. She wants people to believe that she didn't knew? Right...

My mind can't understand how she, has a sexual assault victim, would be fine to work and simulate sex on stage with him. That's some messed up stuff. And years later she can't even say the name of the guy who assaulted her. It's disturbing and confusing. 

I know ARTPOP was a mess, but damn this is just way to weird

Okay, bye. 

Glittertinks

I think she has written a very good apology and people seem to not be so mad about it (at least I haven't seen major backlash yet). Definitely classy and well handled. 

I am just personally hoping we still keep the version with Christina because a) much better and b) due to Christina's verse it is clearer what the song is about and doesn't get the sexual undertone. 

Archived