Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gaga needs to condemn R Kelly

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

That J

I posted this in another thread. It's this easy...

"During the recording of my album ARTPOP, I had a song which myself and management felt could benefit from a guest spot. Like many others, I utilized the talent of R. Kelly and had nothing but a positive working experience with him. During that time a few things went on behind the scenes resulting in my change of management as well as truly accepting and coming to terms with my own history of sexual abuse. It took a long time to get through that pain and it is a pain I still suffer through. Looking back, perhaps it was an unfortunate choice to include him on my album. The truth is, this is bigger than a song and bigger than music. This is about a man and the lives of real women and I think the conversation should be about that and not a song that was done years ago. Thank you- xoxo, Joanne'   Bam. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crisTEAne
30 minutes ago, Benji said:

No she doesn't.

No one outside of stan twitter cares that Gaga hasn't commented.

9 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Did you not see that CNN reported about the subject today :lmao:

hi, old friends. :poot: looks like the power dynamics has changed quite a bit. it's time for you to 

giphy.gif

Spoiler

yes, i'm bored. :classy:

Spoiler

and a stalker.

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

theahsfan

Just leave her alone, she doesn’t owe anyone anything, she scrapped the MV and everything which should be enough 

McYves
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

It wasn't about music tho lol. That story about how R. Kelly came to work on the song was changed like 10x and DJWS and Gaga told a completely different story too :rip:

R. Kelly was chosen because she wanted that song to be controversial and she wanted to make a big point about how the media was mean to celebrities (cue her "R. Kelly is treated unfairly by the media" statements in interviews) ànd how pop culture is addicted to the superficial.

She knew full well what she was doing, remember this tweet:

It's no coincidence that she let R. Kelly rape her in the video, or that she let Terry appear on screen :smh: She knew exactly what she was doing but her point didn't come across so she axed the whole thing. And then now she feels extra stupid because it turns out at least one of the people she tried to publicly defend may actually be a criminal.

She just didn't think **** through. And that's human. But not allowing people to get closure over something like this will only make it worse tbh.

Yeah, I totally forgot that the shock value is now offensive. Yeah, I got it. New times.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

elijahfan
1 minute ago, jojostanforlife said:

This is a lie though. She cancelled the music video due to management, and she didn't cut ties with him considering she sent multiple tweets about him throughout 2014. 

I'm fairly sure it was mainly because of Richardson, and the allegations against R. Kelly not helping. If she didn't cut ties immediately, she definitely did so afterward, as she never talked about him again since 2014.

Zander

If I didn’t know better judging from the reaction it was like she is the one under investigation. 

At the end of the day she made a mistake in the process of being controversial. We all know she likes to shock but the concept didn’t get received the way it was meant to. She cancelled the video and stopped talking about him.

Its not going to ruin her career. /end

jojostanforlife
Just now, elijahfan said:

I'm fairly sure it was mainly because of Richardson, and the allegations against R. Kelly not helping. If she didn't cut ties immediately, she definitely did so afterward, as she never talked about him again since 2014.

Why would she scrap the video because of Richardson? If you're referring to his allegations, she worked with him all the way up until 2016. 

It's less to do with "cutting ties" and more to do with the fact the ARTPOP era is over. She hasn't mentioned Flo Rida in close to a decade, does that mean she's cut ties with him? I'm sure she's in support of the victims, but she should be more explicit. 

Didymus
2 minutes ago, McYves said:

Yeah, I totally forgot that the shock value is now offensive. Yeah, I got it. New times.

It wouldn't have been shocking if he hadn't been a widely suspected molestor :rip: That's the whole point.

StarstruckIllusion
41 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

She's literally cancelled a music video and cut all ties with him, and yet people won't be happy until she opens her mouth... Aren't actions supposed to be louder than words?

This is all bs, bringing this up 6 years later only to further associate her with scandal and compromise her chances at awards in the process... People were pretty content all these years, but now suddenly they all want a vocal explanation? After all she's actually done for sexual abuse survivors? Please.

Not to these people. 

41 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

No but she put money in his pockets and gave him two performances and promo for his music. 

She didn't cut ties. The Era ended and she stopped talking about everything ARTPOP related like she does when every era ends. The only thing she cut was the video. 

so basically cutting ties? yeah yawn. Gaga is not R Kelly’s mother. Why are still so adamant about that 

Borislshere
1 minute ago, Wigless said:

Not to these people. 

so basically cutting ties? yeah yawn. Gaga is not R Kelly’s mother. Why are still so adamant about that 

33 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

"Cutting ties" meanwhile gaga in 2014 after releasing her remix with xtina 

Benji
4 minutes ago, T E A said:

hi, old friends. :poot: looks like the power dynamics has changed quite a bit. it's time for you to 

giphy.gif

Hide contents

yes, i'm bored. :classy:

Hide contents

and a stalker.

We would never fight, we only fight with people when they try and and come for us instead of discussing :huntyga:

I see his point but I think Gaga wouldn't have worked with him if she thought the rumours were true, she played on them and it's turned out to be true.  Does she need to comment?  I don't think she does, her work and actions since speak for it's self and to make a statement condemning would be ridiculous.  Gaga still hasn't "condemned" her own abuser publicly.

elijahfan
1 minute ago, jojostanforlife said:

Why would she scrap the video because of Richardson? If you're referring to his allegations, she worked with him all the way up until 2016. 

It's less to do with "cutting ties" and more to do with the fact the ARTPOP era is over. She hasn't mentioned Flo Rida in close to a decade, does that mean she's cut ties with him? I'm sure she's in support of the victims, but she should be more explicit. 

Once again, the ARTPOP era was far from over. And I'm fairly sure the allegations against both Richardson and Kelly were enough for her management to ask her to cancel the single, though she might have disagreed with the decision at the moment. I'm pretty sure she's come around.

crisTEAne

it think it's time someone made a troll thread saying that the DWUW video is set to leak at oscar night. imagine the meltdown. :trollga:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

Why the media doesnt talk about Jay Z or Justin Bieber?  Well, because someone has worst fans.Congratulations. :huntyga:

PS : the biggest congratulations goes to the creator of this topic. :staymad:

elijahfan
1 minute ago, T E A said:

it think it's time someone made a troll thread saying that the DWUW video is set to leak at oscar night. imagine the meltdown. :trollga:

I've always kinda wished it had leaked a long time ago, as I knew it would come back to haunt her at some point, and seeing the current discussions, I wasn't wrong....

• Admin locked this topic

Archived