Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga scores 2 BAFTA nominations with ASIB

Pierre

Featured Posts

Chuckles
14 hours ago, flyp said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4402365

I feel like that comma is missplaced? I know this dialogue by heart and she does not pause.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chuckles said:

Don't you think she can do BAFTAs and a live performance from London like Amy did back in 2008?

The time zone difference means that is unlikely unfortunately 

Jollibee
17 minutes ago, S0436 said:

The time zone difference means that is unlikely unfortunately 

How is that unlikely? Time difference will actually make it more likely. AFAIK, BAFTA is not a live telecast but even though it's a live telecast, UK is 8 hours ahead to L.A. So, before Grammy airs, BAFTA is already done with their telecast. The unlikely to happen is to attend both award shows.

10 minutes ago, The Cure said:

How is that unlikely? Time difference will actually make it more likely. AFAIK, BAFTA is not a live telecast but even though it's a live telecast, UK is 8 hours ahead to L.A. So, before Grammy airs, BAFTA is already done with their telecast. The unlikely to happen is to attend both award shows.

Baftas don’t have music performances.  I suppose she could find an empty studio, but seems a lot of hassle when her heart will want to be at the Grammys.  She has little chance of winning BA at the Baftas.

Jollibee
Just now, S0436 said:

Baftas don’t have music performances.  I suppose she could find an empty studio, but seems a lot of hassle when her heart will want to be at the Grammys.  She has little chance of winning BA at the Baftas.

Yeah. Maybe she can ask BAFTA to use their stage for the performance if she’s attending there. Lols.

MelbHawker
22 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Tbh I'd be happy with either Collette or Viola, but for real Collette (I googled it we both wrote her name wrong :ladyhaha:) was in better position to get that oscar spot with all her critics awards win and CC nomination. Viola can still miss but Collette needed this :noparty:.

Yes Regina OMG, another blow just after winning the globe. Now the best thing that could happen to her is if SAG/BAFTA winners split. If it is the same winner (maybe Adams?), that person is taking the oscar! 

Regarding Elliot, seems like him and Rockwell are fighting for that fifth spot at the oscars. All the others seem locked as they hit every  precursor. SAG went Elliot, BAFTA Rockwell, we will see what happens!

Would love to see Collette with an Oscar nod for Hereditary (I can't at getting her name wrong :toofunny:). I think it'll be Close, Coleman, Gaga, Blunt and McCarthy who'll receive the nominations though. God knows I love Emily Blunt.. but how on Earth is her performance in Mary Poppins Oscar-worthy? Collette over Blunt is the way it should've panned out this awards season. 

True re: King's route to the Oscars. I think it's a 3 way race between herself, Weisz and Adams. I think Weisz will take the BAFTA, & Adams the SAG. I want King to win, but I have a feeling the Academy will finally reward Adams because how she hasn't already won one is absolutely beyond me (same with Glenn Close in her category, lol).

I'm hoping Elliot takes the SAG, because that would likely see him take the Oscar. Ali's fantastic, but I can't see the Academy making him a 2 time winner. 

nodandsmile
2 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

Would love to see Collette with an Oscar nod for Hereditary (I can't at getting her name wrong :toofunny:). I think it'll be Close, Coleman, Gaga, Blunt and McCarthy who'll receive the nominations though. God knows I love Emily Blunt.. but how on Earth is her performance in Mary Poppins Oscar-worthy? Collette over Blunt is the way it should've panned out this awards season. 

True re: King's route to the Oscars. I think it's a 3 way race between herself, Weisz and Adams. I think Weisz will take the BAFTA, & Adams the SAG. I want King to win, but I have a feeling the Academy will finally reward Adams because how she hasn't already won one is absolutely beyond me (same with Glenn Close in her category, lol).

I'm hoping Elliot takes the SAG, because that would likely see him take the Oscar. Ali's fantastic, but I can't see the Academy making him a 2 time winner. 

I'd take Collette over Blunt too. And it seems like with Blunt missing BAFTA, it makes her the most vulnerable among those five. But I don't see anyone strong enough to take her out (I want it to be Collette though). Kidman and Pike only had globles, Collette and Aparicio have only CC and I don't think those are enough. But if there's a surprise nominee, my money is on Collette. Some people are trying to convince themselves with Aparicio but I just don't buy it. If she got critics group support, maybe but Roma is literally sweeping them all and she's always left out ...

Yeah SAG and BAFTA made a mess of the supporting actress race :ladyhaha:, it will be ecxiting to see how it goes if it ends up as a 3 way race like you said. And I, too in that case, think Adams has the edge.

I'd be so happy if Elliot took sag but I am not so sure about that, but I'll jump if it happens. And please no Ali, it is so unfair if the guy wins with a leading role in the supporting category, same with Weisz and Stone, all playing games just to get everybody nominated :crossed:

Archived