đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga scores 2 BAFTA nominations with ASIB

Pierre

Featured Posts

Runway
5 hours ago, laladin said:

honestly if asib has better story and direction. i believe gaga can push her acting performance and win every awards as best actress.

asib critically acclaimed, but audience rate kinda mediocre.

some awards also count popular impression like golden globe

bohemian in this case

Cinemascore: A grade

So not mediocre :rip: 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nodandsmile
52 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Kind of disappointed they snubbed Toni Colette and included Viola Davis in Best Actress. Colette's performance was one of the best of the year, and deserving of a nomination over Davis's (& I love Viola). 

Also mad about the Regina King snub (and the inclusion of Margot Robbie) and the Sam Elliot snub (& the inclusion of Sam Rockwell).

Tbh I'd be happy with either Collette or Viola, but for real Collette (I googled it we both wrote her name wrong :ladyhaha:) was in better position to get that oscar spot with all her critics awards win and CC nomination. Viola can still miss but Collette needed this :noparty:.

Yes Regina OMG, another blow just after winning the globe. Now the best thing that could happen to her is if SAG/BAFTA winners split. If it is the same winner (maybe Adams?), that person is taking the oscar! 

Regarding Elliot, seems like him and Rockwell are fighting for that fifth spot at the oscars. All the others seem locked as they hit every  precursor. SAG went Elliot, BAFTA Rockwell, we will see what happens!

DiscoHeaven23

I think she'll go to Grammy's 

Def has more of a chance of winning there, plus they're bigger. 

Galagala

And they claimed ASIB is dead after GG.:huntyga:

lol ASIB is still as strong as it was.

freebit

Oh wow, oh wow. :woohoo: This is huge! They're such a snobby group too. Glad she got in. :applause:

Remember when she didn't get a nomination at the British Film Critics Awards, and most here were SO sure she was going to get shut out at the BAFTAs? I told you all she still had a chance! 

OilyImpassionedDiscus-small.gif

Emigrante
8 hours ago, laladin said:

honestly if asib has better story and direction. i believe gaga can push her acting performance and win every awards as best actress.

asib critically acclaimed, but audience rate kinda mediocre.

some awards also count popular impression like golden globe

bohemian in this case

Not really

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Emigrante
7 hours ago, laladin said:

i mean this

And bohemian is rated worse XD 

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

StrawberryBlond

Really surprised at not only Gaga getting Best Actress but also that the film garnered 7 nominations! It pretty much got every nom it could get which just shows how much this committee already loves it, which bodes well. Truthfully, I know Gaga isn't winning this award, Olivia's so going to win this. A British actress hasn't won this award in a decade and it's a British awards show, so I would put my life on it being hers, so I'm not even going to get my hopes up for this one. But if she doesn't walk home with Best Film Music, I'll be shocked and appalled. It is unquestionable that that soundtrack has had the most critical and commercial praise and is the only one that the majority know about. If it doesn't win, there's some skullduggery afoot.

No idea why the Grammys are being held the same night. I know they're very different industries but events this big should never clash as they're be competing for views on the night and will be equally fighting for headlines in the morning. I take it Gaga will attend the Grammys as she is a singer first and foremost and has a super high chance of winning 1 or more awards and Bradley will attend the BAFTAs as he is an actor first and foremost and has a super high chance of winning 1 or more awards. It's a shame that they won't get to share a stage at both events, which would be so major and poignant but it can't be helped. If they win Best Film Music at the BAFTAs and/or Best Duo and ROTY at the Grammys (the only awards that they can both accept) but can't be onstage together, I hope they'll do a video link or something because that's too sweet not to happen. And it would totally be like the movie if they get up together!

12 hours ago, flyp said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4402365

why u bullying me with that gif

im just express my anxiety, you make me really sad

Lion Heart

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived