💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Hollywood Hates Gaga?

beaublue

Featured Posts

bottom line: i'm not spending 13 minutes to figure out what some blonde devil named "Grace Randolph" thinks.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioIsOurs

There can be a 100 people in a room and 99 won't vote for you but 1 will but then it doesn't really matter... :huntyga:

PopThatArt

The Golden Globe people thought Gaga was deserving of best actress for American Horror Story, but not for her role in A Star is Born. There is definitely something going on there. A Star is Born was the much better, stronger, more genuine performance. 

Glenn Close gives the same performance everytime, there is nothing unique about her roles, where as so far Gaga gave two performances, as the Countess, she was very strong, invulnerable, until the very human role in the episode Flicker. In A Star is Born, she was very vulnerable from the get go, very relateable. Two VERY different roles. Her acting far surpasses people who have been acting for years and years, for her first major role in a film, Gaga shot the ball out of the park. 

And don't even get me started on Bohemian Rhapsody, that movie is terrible, the acting dreadful, the direction horrid, the story, historically inaccurate. Not to mention Rami looks nothing like Freddie. 

If you look at the woman in charge of the Globes, she's an Indian actress. Rami is Egyptian descent. Freddie was descended from that part of the world as well. Something clearly is going on there. favoritism based on similar race.

Go see A Star is Born

Sakrai
19 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

If you look at the woman in charge of the Globes, she's an Indian actress. Rami is Egyptian descent. Freddie was descended from that part of the world as well. Something clearly is going on there. favoritism based on similar race.

This part had me rolling on the floor laughing. thank you for that :laughga:

OT Gaga is not generally a well liked person. We know that. She’s a theatre nerd, not a cool kid.

What I do believe she needs is people to respect her more than they like her, and we’re starting to see signs that people around her really do genuinely respect her, like the way Rami approached her, or some other important figures’ comments on her. She is destined to be respected, not well-liked.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

FullPsychotic
57 minutes ago, PopThatArt said:

And don't even get me started on Bohemian Rhapsody, that movie is terrible, the acting dreadful, the direction horrid, the story, historically inaccurate. Not to mention Rami looks nothing like Freddie.

I do agree 100%. I haven't seen the movie but Rami Malek looks nothing like Mercury. People joking about Mercury's teeth, not even them were similar.

They want to help Malek career rise, ok. But he looks like a frog honestly (very ugly eyes) and looks like a kid, not a man.

Freddie Mercury appearance was that of a very masculine man not handsome but yet able to be attractive. Something a boy like Malek won't ever will be able to be or represent in a movie.

End of the story.

GypsyBabe

Anyone who watched Glenn Close’s performance understands that Gaga wasn’t snubbed. She is up against amazing veteran actresses who produced stellar performances this year. To be nominated alongside them is such an honor. Hollywood doesn't hate her for an anecdote, it is just very hard competition. 

⚯͛

FullPsychotic
5 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Anyone who watched Glenn Close’s performance understands that Gaga wasn’t snubbed. She is up against amazing veteran actresses who produced stellar performances this year. To be nominated alongside them is such an honor. Hollywood doesn't hate her for an anecdote, it is just very hard competition. 

I haven't seen The wife but how she was so great and the movie itself was not even nominated as best drama? 

Looks like it's time to give her an award for a movie everybody is actually snubbing in all the other categories. 

monketsharona

I'm pretty sure they all sent her scripts after ASIB success

I mean we know Marvel worked with her on Enigma, she got approached by Disney's boss. 

Monsters really should stop the drama, she only lost an award (Against the amazing and legendary G. Close), damn...

If Hollywood hated her she would have been snobbed for nominations too.

Queen Bitch

Oh God, Gaga didn't win the award that surely means Hollywood hates her. Just like the Grammys was racist for not giving Lemonade album of the year.

You know by that logic, Madonna isn't a bad actress just because she has won multiple razzies. Hollywood just hates her, that's it. 

nodandsmile
1 hour ago, PopThatArt said:

The Golden Globe people thought Gaga was deserving of best actress for American Horror Story, but not for her role in A Star is Born. There is definitely something going on there. A Star is Born was the much better, stronger, more genuine performance. 

Glenn Close gives the same performance everytime, there is nothing unique about her roles, where as so far Gaga gave two performances, as the Countess, she was very strong, invulnerable, until the very human role in the episode Flicker. In A Star is Born, she was very vulnerable from the get go, very relateable. Two VERY different roles. Her acting far surpasses people who have been acting for years and years, for her first major role in a film, Gaga shot the ball out of the park. 

THIS is by far the most delusional post I have ever seen in my life. I am SCREAMING !!!

On 1/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, Didymus said:

smh

She was not snubbed. She was just up against fierce ass competition. An important distinction, darling. ASIB might have been snubbed perhaps but definitely not Gaga :smh: Every woman up there deserved a win.

The atmosphere on this forum is really beginning to be toxic. I can't believe how many of you deluded yourselves into thinking Gaga was obviously gonna beat acting legends like Close, Colman and Kidman, you totally didn't set yourselves up for disappointment :lmao:

Just be happy she was acclaimed/nominated/the recipient of some impressive acting awards for her performance at all ffs. Not many musicians turned actors achieve that stuff. It's already a triumph and y'all are ruining my good vibes by pretending it's not enough. ****ing stop.

All of this.

I live outside the space time continuum.

GypsyBabe
Just now, FullPsychotic said:

I haven't seen The wife but how she was so great and the movie itself was not even nominated as best drama? 

Looks like it's time to give her an award for a movie everybody is actually snubbing in all the other categories. 

The movie doesn’t have to be amazing for an actor to give a stellar performance. The character has to be great along with what the actor puts into it. 

For example. I think the screenplay for ASIB is pretty weak. That doesn’t change how much effort Gaga put into bringing that role to life. She filled in the holes with her performance and did a wonderful job. 

⚯͛

FullPsychotic
5 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

The movie doesn’t have to be amazing for an actor to give a stellar performance. The character has to be great along with what the actor puts into it. 

For example. I think the screenplay for ASIB is pretty weak. That doesn’t change how much effort Gaga put into bringing that role to life. She filled in the holes with her performance and did a wonderful job. 

Well I am not saying The Wife should have won awards but not even nominated? 

So I understand your point but to me it's still strange. Best actress in a not so good movie? 

As for ASIB screenplay I don't think it's weak; maybe some parts could have been better linked...waiting to see the director's cut.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:05 PM, Didymus said:

smh

She was not snubbed. She was just up against fierce ass competition. An important distinction, darling. ASIB might have been snubbed perhaps but definitely not Gaga :smh: Every woman up there deserved a win.

The atmosphere on this forum is really beginning to be toxic. I can't believe how many of you deluded yourselves into thinking Gaga was obviously gonna beat acting legends like Close, Colman and Kidman, you totally didn't set yourselves up for disappointment :lmao:

Just be happy she was acclaimed/nominated/the recipient of some impressive acting awards for her performance at all ffs. Not many musicians turned actors achieve that stuff. It's already a triumph and y'all are ruining my good vibes by pretending it's not enough. ****ing stop.

This. Everything about her success as an actress is completely unexpected and so damn awesome. Slaying. Top actresses work for years in film before getting awards of this caliber and many never do.

Archived