Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Hollywood Hates Gaga?

beaublue

Featured Posts

Emigrante

I wonder about that. There is always something in the atmosphere about this when Gaga is around at those Hollywood acting events. I can smell it, don't know if it's true but it seems like she doesn't have a lot of respect in the eyes of those people (as an actress at least). Something that is completely different in her music business (she gained a lot of respect over past few years).

And she talks about whole movie industry which means who exactly? Most of the actors and actresses? Most of the producers? I don't get it

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
4 minutes ago, fabskt said:

I don't get why the industry hates her? what did she do? Repeat a phrase a bunch of times.... It's so wierd

To some people, that can come across as disingenuous. People here even started to complain about how much she started to say it. Gaga is probably being genuine and authentic when she kept saying that comment, but I mean, I can understand people thinking that she's "trying too hard".

🖤👹

Ziggy
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

To some people, that can come across as disingenuous. People here even started to complain about how much she started to say it. Gaga is probably being genuine and authentic when she kept saying that comment, but I mean, I can understand people thinking that she's "trying too hard".

Yeah idk why people aren’t like, “hmmm maybe it’s bevause she keeps getting asked the same questions verbatim over and over so her answer isn’t going to change.” 

Reality
11 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Grace Randolph doesn't know anything about the industry and knows even less about filmmaking. I've found her videos to be pretty embarrassing and people on film twitter make fun of her all the time. The entirety of her argument here about Gaga supposedly being unpopular within Hollywood comes from comments made by two friends of hers and the fact that Gaga didn't win last night, despite the fact that the HFPA is made up of members from foreign countries and isn't representative of how Hollywood thinks at all. They nominated the critically panned The Tourist a couple of years ago; they're the least respected awards body for a reason.

I agree with the HFPA part, but I do think she has some legitimacy when it comes to knowing stuff about the industry and filmmaking. I mean, she probably knows a lot more than everyone on here trying to act like we're all film critics all of a sudden..

🖤👹

Cloudbusting
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I meannnn maybe it can look that way! but the whole the industry hates her and is creating a narrative to not give her a moment is kind of farfetched . Maybe she jut lost because they liked glenn better. Its is far more reasonable 

Reality
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Yeah idk why people aren’t like, “hmmm maybe it’s bevause she keeps getting asked the same questions verbatim over and over so her answer isn’t going to change.” 

I mean, her answer isn't going to change because that's how she feels and that's her truth, but it does get really repetitive when you know that in almost every interview, she's probably going to say the same thing. Maybe she could word it differently??

I'm not saying that I think that what she's doing is disingenuous. I think she's being extremely authentic. She's cried multiple times saying that. Unless she's just the best actress to ever exist, I think it's genuine and honest. I'm just saying that I can understand their point of view.

🖤👹

BlondeSouth

It's really not that deep. She had her 'moment' Grace speaks of and the Globes had theirs when she won for AHS. That win was too recent for them to award her again on the same basis, and she was always facing much bigger competition this time around. The real disaster was Best Picture Drama going to Bohemian Rhapsody over literally any of the other nominees but that's just down to typical HFPA stupidity. 

Othon
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I agree with the HFPA part, but I do think she has some legitimacy when it comes to knowing stuff about the industry and filmmaking. I mean, she probably knows a lot more than everyone on here trying to act like we're all film critics all of a sudden..

I mean, I went to school for film and have a job within the industry, so at least I have some sense of whether she's legitimate or not. She's more of a glorified gossip blogger than anything.

Reality
10 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I wouldn't call Grace Randolph a "reliable and credible source."

She knows people in the industry and how the industry works. How isn't she at least somewhat reliable and credible?

🖤👹

Reality
1 minute ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I mean, I went to school for film and have a job within the industry, so at least I have some sense of whether she's legitimate or not. She's more of a glorified gossip blogger than anything.

Can you confirm then that Gaga is liked within the industry? I'm just genuinely curious, this isn't me trying to be shady or anything. I just wanna know because if it seems like she is, then that contradicts with what Grace said. 

🖤👹

Reality
4 minutes ago, fabskt said:

I meannnn maybe it can look that way! but the whole the industry hates her and is creating a narrative to not give her a moment is kind of farfetched . Maybe she jut lost because they liked glenn better. Its is far more reasonable 

Sure, you're absolutely right, and I agree with you. I think the narrative that "OH SHE'S NOW HATED WITHIN THE INDUSTRY" is a little far-fetched, but I'm just saying that I can understand where people are coming from if they believe Gaga to be a little disingenuous. Not saying she is, but I'm saying that I can understand if they think that way.  

🖤👹

nodandsmile

In my humble opinion, she wasn't snubbed at all. She won and rightfully so original song, giving her another while Close goes home ampty handed would be overkill, they will spread the wealth. Close hasn't been up for the win for 30 years when she unfairly lost back to back with two of the greatest performances ever. People have been talking about this year being hers even before her film was out back in August. Then ASIB came along, a movie that a lot of people didn't expect to be good(and thought she'd win a razzie for it), expectations were low and have been exceeded! It is a crowd pleaser and her performance is definitely the most watched by the gp, among the contenders so people would definitely be expecting her to win. With the media talking about her non stop, pundits etc. all followed the hype and underestimated Close. The thing is, many people who doesn't follow awards season did not even watch The Wife and since Gaga was good in her film, they think she'll win! And not only is Close overdue, she acted circles around Gaga (yeah I said it). They won't be too quick to reward a popstar for her first leading performance in a motion picture unless she's undeniable, which she is not. Hell not even Cher could've done it on her first try. She worked her ass off for years to prove herself as an actress. Don't give me Barbra Streisand and Julie Andrews as examples, they were already broadway stars and Tony nominees, we can say they transitioned from stage to screen. Now let's just hope she choses her next projects very wisely, get some hits, establish herself well as an actress and snatch that gold. She's still probably be an oscar winner after this year's oscar anyway :party: and getting nominated for actress would be incredible. So good luck to her ! + If I remember very well, somebody on the charts thread posted, right after the globes noms were announced, a journalist saying that HFPA liked the film but did not love it, and that some members were even vocal about their dislike of the film (gotta find it!). Anyway let's hope for the best for the guilds because they are more influencial than the globles. Sometimes globe winners don't even get nominated anywhere else, that's telling !

I dont mind Grace, I find her videos entertaining, but I find it hilarious shes talking about not being liked in Hollywood when she herself is widely considered a bit of a joke. 

Everyone in Hollywood knows everyone is fake in campaign season. Gaga was still nominated, she will still get that recognition. 

nodandsmile
21 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

I wonder about that. There is always something in the atmosphere about this when Gaga is around at those Hollywood acting events. I can smell it, don't know if it's true but it seems like she doesn't have a lot of respect in the eyes of those people (as an actress at least). Something that is completely different in her music business (she gained a lot of respect over past few years).

And she talks about whole movie industry which means who exactly? Most of the actors and actresses? Most of the producers? I don't get it

I remember very well their faces when she won the globe in 2016!

Archived