💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Hollywood Hates Gaga?

beaublue

Featured Posts

beaublue
6 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Saying something's obvious, and connecting it to real life politics is not an opinion. That's a statement of fact, and I'm disputing it for good reason.

Making an opinion thread is not a safeguard against other people giving their opinion. You're on a forum, this is what you get.

"This is what you get" are you kidding me? Are you still in high school? Stop trying to attack me because you don't agree with my opinion & don't know how to have a productive disagreement without attacking others. It's really sad & I'm not going to sink to your level. It's my opinion, stop popping off & get over it.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bonkers

ASIB was a critically acclaimed box office blockbuster with many many many nominations.  I'm just proud of the movie and it's true, being nominated is an honor.   Anyone of the nominees deserved to win, congrats to them all.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Slovakialop

I don’t think Gaga’s loss is as big of a deal as you’re making it though. She was nominated for a SAG award, which means that fellow Actors have accepted her enough to nominate her. SAGA is the truly industry-voted award. This fact cancels out Grace's allegations in the video. She's the first singer to ever have this honor of a SAGA, which is astronomically more prestigious and important than the Globes. The industry clearly loves and respects her. She didn't win actress last night because the HFP knew she would be unbeatable in Original Song. They simply wanted to even things out and give a chance to someone else in the actress category. No need to overthink it for the sake of drama and gossip.

Didymus
10 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

I agree with Grace, especially since she knows more than any of us & is in the industry & has sources on the inside. She's been right about 90% of things that happen so I agree with her & that's all lol I just wanted to discuss that... 

Fair enough. Sorry if I came across as rude to you, I was venting more about the general atmosphere on the forum which is currently very award obsessed to the degree (imo) of not even being worthy of appreciation of the fact that she did win yesterday and that regardless of her winning anything else, she's done an amazing job, period.

I dunno, I'm just not that into the whole "she HAS to win something for her to be a success" narrative. Madonna won (unfairly) for Evita and people are still making fun of that. Blindly favoring Gaga over other worthy actresses (that's why I don't like the "snubbed" phrase in this situation since her competition was so ****ing good) is just not a good look for us.

Didymus
3 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

"This is what you get" are you kidding me? Are you still in high school? Stop trying to attack me because you don't agree with my opinion & don't know how to have a productive disagreement without attacking others. It's really sad & I'm not going to sink to your level. It's my opinion, stop popping off & get over it.

Well now I regret apologizing lol

I'm not attacking you, omg why are you pretending I said anything against you. I just said she wasn't snubbed and made some general remarks about this whole forum, how is this all directed towards you? I don't care about your opinion, you're free to discuss and share it, as am I :air:

Othon

Grace Randolph doesn't know anything about the industry and knows even less about filmmaking. I've found her videos to be pretty embarrassing and people on film twitter make fun of her all the time. The entirety of her argument here about Gaga supposedly being unpopular within Hollywood comes from comments made by two friends of hers and the fact that Gaga didn't win last night, despite the fact that the HFPA is made up of members from foreign countries and isn't representative of how Hollywood thinks at all. They nominated the critically panned The Tourist a couple of years ago; they're the least respected awards body for a reason.

Dilwyn

Well like some people say in the comments she was nomited on SAG which is chosen by actors themselves so i don't think is that deep.

They probably just wanted to give do glenn cause it's overdue.

Vitleysingur

Isn't she like a film industry news recycler? She barely has any connection in the industry lol.

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

TeenIdle

And yet ahe interacted with so many A-list stars last night, got pictures with them and they all praise her every chance they get :queenga:

But if it's in fact true, I don't really care cause the music legends adore Gaga and that's more important. Cher, Celine, Barbra, Brian May, Rolling Stones, Metallica... The list goes on and on.

Cloudbusting

I don't get why the industry hates her? what did she do? Repeat a phrase a bunch of times.... It's so wierd

Shipper

I'm sure they don't like her cause they always saw her as the Ra Ra Ra Bitch using autotune and meat dress and made fun of her. 

Now she is crossing over to their field with legitimate talent,  soaring popularity , and have a very high chance of getting an Oscar's and now they are threatened. 

Well that's my guess but what do I know  :trollga:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

Tyler1992

The HFPA is not indicative to what Hollywood thinks and most in Hollywood think they're a joke. The Golden Globes are a big platform for whatever reason, but it isn't very important. 

Her SAG nomination, which was voted on by her peers shows how the people that live and work IN the industry think of Gaga.  

beaublue
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well now I regret apologizing lol

I'm not attacking you, omg why are you pretending I said anything against you. I just said she wasn't snubbed and made some general remarks about this whole forum, how is this all directed towards you? I don't care about your opinion, you're free to discuss and share it, as am I :air:

Omg I don’t care anymore lol this is so stupid & pointless like who caaares I’m over it, I love Glenn Close & I thought her movie was phenomenal but I liked Gaga’s more & think she should’ve won. Oh well that’s how I feel lol I don’t care anymore 😂

Reality

I think we'll really have to see at the other awards shows if Gaga truly is disliked by the industry or not. I love Grace and, even though she can be polarizing at some points, she has a good understanding of how the industry works. Hearing her say that it seems that the industry doesn't really support her is unsettling...

On one hand, Gaga, Bradley, and ASIB in general, have been getting a lot of praise, so to say that they are disliked within the industry just seems a bit weird to me. She's already won awards for best lead actress. They may not be as prestigious and well-known as the Oscars, or even the Golden Globes, but they're still awards. 

On the other hand, Grace knows 1000% more stuff than we do, and I'm sure she has information specifically surrounding Gaga that we don't know. It would be ignorant not to at least hear what she has to say. 

🖤👹

Archived