💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Hollywood Hates Gaga?

beaublue

Featured Posts

beaublue

Based on the video below, Gaga was snubbed last night, it's obvious to me but what we never took into consideration were the politics of Hollywood. I believe she will still get an Oscar nom but she really needs to do damage control Like Grace says in the video below. What are your opinions? Do you think her "100 people" phrase made her sound disingenuous? Do you think Grace is right about the politics behind awards?

Link!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

smh

She was not snubbed. She was just up against fierce ass competition. An important distinction, darling. ASIB might have been snubbed perhaps but definitely not Gaga :smh: Every woman up there deserved a win.

The atmosphere on this forum is really beginning to be toxic. I can't believe how many of you deluded yourselves into thinking Gaga was obviously gonna beat acting legends like Close, Colman and Kidman, you totally didn't set yourselves up for disappointment :lmao:

Just be happy she was acclaimed/nominated/the recipient of some impressive acting awards for her performance at all ffs. Not many musicians turned actors achieve that stuff. It's already a triumph and y'all are ruining my good vibes by pretending it's not enough. ****ing stop.

CyanLights

@lovedillon I embedded the video for you :) 

OT: I would really want to know how the industry truly feels about Gaga. I wonder if that 100 people in a room comment really did hurt her :/ 

joannesrats
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

I can't believe how many of you deluded yourselves into thinking Gaga was obviously gonna beat acting legends

I didn't believe this until I saw numerous predictions that she was going to win that award. 

beaublue
1 minute ago, CyanLights said:

@lovedillon I embedded the video for you :) 

OT: I would really want to know how the industry truly feels about Gaga. I wonder if that 100 people in a room comment really did hurt her :/ 

thank you!!! * if you watch the video Grace said it did which I believe

4 minutes ago, Didymus said:

smh

She was not snubbed. She was just up against fierce ass competition. An important distinction, darling. ASIB might have been snubbed perhaps but definitely not Gaga :smh: Every woman up there deserved a win.

The atmosphere on this forum is really beginning to be toxic. I can't believe how many of you deluded yourselves into thinking Gaga was obviously gonna beat acting legends like Close, Colman and Kidman, you totally didn't set yourselves up for disappointment :lmao:

Just be happy she was nominated at all ffs. Not many musicians turned actors achieve it. It's already a triumph and y'all are ruining my good vibes by pretending it's not enough. ****ing stop.

If you don't agree & are going to be rude about it calling the topic "toxic" & saying we're "deluded" then please take your "good vibes" somewhere else. Discussing a very real situation isn't toxic or deluded, it's called a discussion. Thank you.

Didymus
Just now, PhillipBagshaw said:

I didn't believe this until I saw numerous predictions that she was going to win that award. 

Because it's the media, they just want all of you lot to click on their stupid websites :smh: There's nothing exciting or click worthy about a "Glenn Close predicted to win!!!" headline on the internet. It's just a smart bet. If Gaga won, they could slap her win all over the web, if she lost, they had "was she robbed??!!! do you agree??" stuff to slap all over the web.

This always happens with pop stars who end up being nominated for the Globes. When Beyoncé lost for Dreamgirls it was like a month long thing in the media for no reason, 'cause she didn't even deserve that award :rip:

Didymus
3 minutes ago, lovedillon said:

If you don't agree & are going to be rude about it calling the topic "toxic" & saying we're "deluded" then please take your "good vibes" somewhere else. Discussing a very real situation isn't toxic or deluded, it's called a discussion. Thank you.

There's nothing "obvious" about her being snubbed though, you putting that in the OP is just ridiculous. There's nothing "real" about the situation you're describing :messga:

beaublue
5 minutes ago, Didymus said:

There's nothing "obvious" about her being snubbed though, you putting that in the OP is just ridiculous. There's nothing "real" about the situation you're describing :messga:

The topic is labeled as "Opinion" If you don't agree with my opinion & have nothing to contribute about the topic I posted except to try to prove your opinion as fact then please stop. I posted my opinion to discuss with people, not argue whether my opinion or someone else's is fact.

I agree with Grace, especially since she knows more than any of us & is in the industry & has sources on the inside. She's been right about 90% of things that happen so I agree with her & that's all lol I just wanted to discuss that...

vitoburrrito

I don't know if we should really put too much thought into this...She still won a Golden Globe and has already won another Golden Globe for acting in AHS. Gaga and ASIB were up against incredible actresses and movies, and will be at the Oscars as well if they get nominated, so we shouldn't be too surprised if she doesn't win everything she gets nominated for. I'm sure there are tons of politics involved in Hollywood, and I definitely think that snubs happen, but refusing to legitimate the other great nominees and winners by calling it a snub just because Gaga didn't win is overkill lol. 

Didymus
Just now, lovedillon said:

The topic is labeled as "Opinion" If you don't agree with my opinion & have nothing to contribute about the topic I posted except to try to prove your opinion as fact then please stop. I posted my opinion to discuss with people, not argue whether my opinion or someone else's is fact.

Saying something's obvious, and connecting it to real life politics is not an opinion. That's a statement of fact, and I'm disputing it for good reason.

Making an opinion thread is not a safeguard against other people giving their opinion. You're on a forum, this is what you get.

Golden Globes are not "Hollywood". They're journalists that work in foreign countries. They not people that work in Hollywood. 

Also I don't see why you couldn't say the same thing about Bradley and everyone else that lost that Hollywood doesn't like them. It just seems like singling out Gaga. Plus she did win for best song.

Blahwhatever22

Why are people acting like Gaga left empty handed? She still Won a Golden Globe!!!:grr:

tumblr_pkxzaapfzs1uciceco1_r1_500.png

G U C C I

Does anyone else feel like her losing the acting globe was a good sign for the oscars? I feel like not sweeping the awards and their nominations being so hyped may help ASIB and Bradley & Gaga in their oscar races. Voters may be more inclined to give them a vote now instead of believing they have already been rewarded for their roles. 

Reality

I'm a huge fan of Beyond the Trailer and Graph Randolph, and while she can come across as very polarizing, it's important to note that she's a very reliable and credible source when it comes to Hollywood and movies. After everything that happened at the Golden Globes, I was interested to see what she had to say, and a lot of what she said shocked me, but also, didn't. 

So apparently (I say that because I obviously don't know how truthful this is), according to her sources, Gaga is not as well liked as many of us would like to think in Hollywood. Many people seem to think she is inauthentic, especially when it comes to how she speaks in interviews/conferences. I guess the "100 people in a room..." comment may have been taken too far... 

As for my opinion on this topic. I think the "100 people in a room..." comment is genuine and authentic; however, because of how Gaga likes to word/phrase her answers, and because of how repetitive she can be, I think that that can come across as disingenuous and "fake". That said, I watched a lot of interviews of her last night before the Awards started, and from what I saw, she didn't make that comment, and in my opinion, she did come across as more truthful and authentic.

🖤👹

Archived