💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

“Gaga needs to stop giving Bradley all the Credit”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

River

poor girl, no matter what she does, people find a way to complain..

It’s pretty much a marketing way that every movie does,  the more they praise each other the more they show a good chemistry and stuff

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wait what, they say that bradley wrote the song and that Gaga said he, Tim and Mark raised her up what??  SHE WAS SAYING THAT TO ANTHONY AND ANDREW!  

I feel sorry for those guys, this article is poorly researched if they didn’t realise Bradley wasn’t on that stage and didn’t win an award...

heauxmatica

Didymus

100% agreed.

It's not that she can't praise him but she really did give off the impression as if he "saved her" (à la Tony lol, which was also annoying) or "discovered her" which is, indeed, total bs since the reason Bradley wanted her is because he saw her perform as the superstar that she is.

Of course I get where it's coming from. Gaga obviously doesn't want to upstage Bradley in terms of press just because she's a pop star, and she knows about the studio not wanting to hire her, but it's still a bit... I mean, she was already acting :rip: What, Ryan Murphy and Robert Rodriguez aren't important directors? :air:

She just wanted to create a sweet, award friendly narrative for the press but I'm glad some journalists are taking a critical eye at it. It feels very much like the movie's more problematic aspects: Ally relying on Jack to let her "talent" or "authenticity" really shine, something she (according to Jack, anyway) doesn't seem to be able to do on her own. That's not a theme I want Gaga to drag out of that movie into real life 'cause it just doesn't apply to her :madge:

Didymus
16 minutes ago, melon said:

wait what, they say that bradley wrote the song and that Gaga said he, Tim and Mark raised her up what??  SHE WAS SAYING THAT TO ANTHONY AND ANDREW!  

I feel sorry for those guys, this article is poorly researched if they didn’t realise Bradley wasn’t on that stage and didn’t win an award...

True, but even if that's wrong, it still applies to Bradley because she said the same kind of stuff to him :shrug: Remember when she said Bradley delivered her the most amazing artistic experience of her career? :air: That he tapped into her old self, blah blah blah, there's more than enough similar examples.

And tbh I was also kind of annoyed that she said that to Anthony and Andrew. You're a songwriter, that's what you're known for. That speech made it sound like she was an actress who was trying to dabble in songwriting and needed the help of some male pro's to do the job. Just, ugh. (Then again, it was so obvious from the way they talked to each other that they were close friends so it didn't matter much. But for someone so calculated with the words she says that was a little surprising to me.)

Gagadonna

again, it has to do with her low self-esteem :( she's always looking for someone to lift her up, either her fan, Tony, or Bradley 

Love her regardless :hug:

I agree, this time her promo script got problematic. Please, of course Bradley got lots of benefits by giving her the role, she’s a super famous pop star with a strong fan base, she’s like one of the most talented songwriters/singers/musicians of the contemporary pop scene, she already won awards for her acting... Do you all really think Bradley’s Directorial Debut ® would had been as big if he had another actress on the role of Ally? Does actor’s directorial debuts are usually that buzzed? Is Bradley thaaaat big on the US? Is he on the level of Gaga in terms of acting?

There’s no other pop star on her level that would have created the same momentum over the role and the movie (watching Beyoncé’s career, I don’t really think she would ever be interested in taking that role tbh). Also if he would have chosen an actress instead, i don’t really think it would have been that big either, taking as an example Natalie Portman movie that also involves music (I didn’t watch it tbh, soundtrack was produced by SIA I think) it didn’t got half of buzz or press as ASIB. Gaga even took a big part on the creation (with Robson and co) if not all of the soundtrack (I don’t really believe in the story of Bradley discovering himself as a musician). Bradley did won tons of things, including free promo and momentum, by giving Gaga the role, it was risky probably, yeah, but she’s super talented. The way she’s been exaggerating the credit for him and ignoring herself has gotten ridiculous, even if when it’s a promo trick or whatever. :usrs:

bloody g

Someone delete this thread

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

FfFfFfFF
8 hours ago, Kimmo said:

It was the black-tie version of her usual “there could be 100 people in the room.” Lady Gaga has turned her immense platform into a pedestal for her costar and director, Gaga’s constant avoidance of her own contributions to A Star Is Born feels less like charming modesty and more like internalized misogyny.

I highlighted the key word.

What if the director was actually a female? Who could say Gaga would've acted different? The real issue here is that film directors, musical producers are 90% males.

IAmNotHere1997

So basically they say they would have wanted her to say sth like "Yes, I am that bitch, I did that" and be like
source.gif

I agree that her gratefulness and modesty may seem lowkey exagerated time to time, but she's happy that Bradley took her serious as an actress.

Sanne Godijn
29 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

So basically they say they would have wanted her to say sth like "Yes, I am that bitch, I did that" and be like
source.gif

I agree that her gratefulness and modesty may seem lowkey exagerated time to time, but she's happy that Bradley took her serious as an actress.

Also ryan didnt discover her she asked him is she could on the show thats different to what bradley did for her because after american horror story she didnt get any different roles after asib she did people where vending her there' scripts so i can see why she credits him so much

Cavadour

As sad as it is for Bradley not being awarded during this GG, I didn't see any trace of his presence during that moment Gaga, Mark, Anthony and Andrew shared together last night. I mean, Bradley just discreetly vanished. All we could see was Gaga and her co-authors friends wholefully enjoying their Best Song Award victory.

This speaks volumes about the friendship and genuine respect between these guys.

Everything I read in this biased article is quite untrue and only shows the lame overpicky feminist polemic attempt and self concern of it's author...

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

gypsy101

do you guys not know that actors in movies frequently gush over their directors?? this isn’t a new thing

DoremonLove

I believe in "give credit where its due" and im with gaga on this. I just love how she mentions n always show her gratitude towards bradley. And bradley totaly deserves it. Nothing wrong in giving someone credit. We all know gaga has worked really hard and is extremely talented and bradley did give her a chance to showcase it so nothing wrong in being thankful. Also as some mentioned that bradley has alwasy been humble too. TBH this article is jut very pointless.:koons:

How can anoyone not love gaga

Chickens in Malibu

I agree...

Seriously..

I mean ASIB would've probably flopped if she wasn't in it.

Archived