💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

“Gaga needs to stop giving Bradley all the Credit”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Vitleysingur
Just now, SimplyTheBest said:

Somebody said this the other day and I laughed at it ... if Bradley was a woman, will anyone be complaining? And what do you want her to say "I want to congratulate myself because I am really THAT good at everything I do" Mark literally praised the sh*t out of her on that stage and she took it gracefully, you want her to add more praise to herself ? I am just tired! She just can't ever win, can she? 

This sent me :lmao:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er, she is just being grateful that Bradley gave her a chance. Yes, she was an important musician before ASIB, but this was her break as a movie star in Hollywood. Maybe she really tried landing a role for years and nobody gave her a chance at acting (besides Ryan Murphy), but Bradley did, and opened that door for her. We don't know how things worked out behind the aura (:huntyga:). Besides, she is generally humble and grateful towards all her collaborators. She's praised women like Celine or Cher or even her co-stars on AHS to the stars and beyond. And she has aknowledged women's role in the business several times during her career. While I agree that some points where made in the OP, I think they are seeing this particular situation out of context.

Kindness rules all.

crybrowz

I think she's just naturally a very humble person who doesn't feel comfortable praising herself. I'm sure she knows that she contributed a lot to the film, but just doesn't want to come off as arrogant. It looks better to be too humble than too cocky. 

4 minutes ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Somebody said this the other day and I laughed at it ... if Bradley was a woman, will anyone be complaining? And what do you want her to say "I want to congratulate myself because I am really THAT good at everything I do" Mark literally praised the sh*t out of her on that stage and she took it gracefully, you want her to add more praise to herself ? I am just tired! She just can't ever win, can she? 

"I'm THAT bitch yall, I'm a SUCCESS! Close you think you'd win Best Actress at the Oscars? Think again old hag! Thank you! :bon:"

The issues these people make up - GOD :selena:

FRANK1991

I don't understand why you guys are criticizing Gaga for praising Bradley Cooper.

She can't say anything right can't she? What do you want her to say? Yes I take all the credit I'm a genius super pop star turn super actor? :ohwell:

She is elevating herself by praising everyone around her, what's not to love about this woman!?

She did say she is nothing like Ally, she is strong, confident, and throwing herself out there for the world to see (and get criticized by fans lol:cryga: )

She doesn't even need to say anything and people know: that she is a hard working woman who will pursue her dreams and she can and will do it

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Hmm, interesting. I can see on the surface where this author is coming from. Internalized misogyny is a real thing, and a complex issue.  

But I really don't think that's what's going on here. As others have said, every interview has Bradley doing the exact same thing, praising and thanking Gaga, and nobody is thinking twice about that. And I think they are both being 100% genuine about finding real collaborators in each other.

If we ever get to see Bradley make a speech (:saladga:) I'm sure he'll not be standing there saying, 'yup, did this all on my own, go me', but thanking and crediting everyone else. That's how it works!

SKANK

anigif_sub-buzz-16069-1499897493-1.gif

How can we turn Lady Gaga breathing into an identity politic issue? Quick someone write an article, we need clicks, we need outrage!

She did the same thing with Diane Warren with Till It Happens To You. When she won a Grammy she thanked Whitney Huston, saying "I wasn’t secure enough in myself to imagine I was a superstar. So, Whitney, I imagined you were singing 'Born This Way’ when I wrote it."  She has said similar things about Kathy Bates, Hillary Lindsay, Donatella Versace, Marina Abramovic, and nearly every man and woman she has worked with.

Gaga speaks in ridiculous platitudes, because she is a ridiculous person. Which is wonderful. When speaking about Bradley she speaks in a humble, respectful, and over the top way - the way you expect an actress who wears a lavender gown with a 10 foot train to speak.

Bloody

She's just grateful for the opportunity he gave her. He made her dream come true. I don't see any problem with her giving him credit in very speech and interview.

Besides, it's mutual from Bradley's side too.

Y'all dont have a PR team so just shush

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

hardcore1996

yall realize this is a good thing tho right? Her thanking Bradley getting overanalyzed like this just means she’s releavent af right now. She kissed Tony Bennet’s ass like that for YEARS and no one was making articles saying it “Why is she thanking Tony, C2C wouldn’t have went #1 without her”, because the GP didn’t really care.

Quartz

It's called class, look it up. She's doing half of the dance because Bradley is doing his part too. After Gaga mentions Bradley, Bradley mentions Gaga's talent. No one is being left out with the credit mentions.

When is talking about your own talent not egotistical when it was a team effort? Pray tell anyone who agrees with this - please give me an example on how to compliment yourself while keeping it classy. How would that even sound like? :laughga:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

TheQueenLG

This is kind of stupid, like really stupid.

If Gaga was working with women, she'd give them all the credit. 

But she worked with men on this project, and she gave them all the credit. 

It's how her parents raised her... To be humble and to show your appreciation for others and to NEVER stroke your own ego. 

This is a non-story and it kind of pisses me off. :fthis:

MsSwan
39 minutes ago, Brolysskins said:

anyone:

Gaga: "Bredlly Copper can belive in you because of  1 spaghetti and 100 meatballs and omg he can sing, he gave birth to me. There can be 100 rooms in a people and only one-"

jk, humble queen! 

:air:

TimisaMonster

I mean she is trying to appear modest but in regards to the music and her acting she has to be more accepting of the fact it was her...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Runway

Ridiculous. She praises everyone who has supported her or inspired her: Tony Bennett, Diane Warren, Ryan Murphy, RedOne, David Bowie, Donatella, Whitney Houston, Marina Abramovic, Jeff Koons, Alexander McQueen.

the fact she always credits a bunch of people as writers in all of her discography even though she is the master mind behind the songs (as Mark Ronson said on stage at the globes) speaks volumes of her humbleness 

Archived