💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

“Gaga needs to stop giving Bradley all the Credit”

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

‘Lady Gaga Needs to Stop Giving Bradley Cooper All the Credit for A Star Is Born’

lady_gaga-bradley_cooper_onstage_at_the_

“Any time Gaga is asked about her work on A Star Is Born, she acts like she was nothing, a nobody, before Bradley Cooper tapped her for the film, which he also directed. Here’s a world-famous pop star, reportedly being paid one million dollars a day to show up and sing in Las Vegas, who has several platinum records, Grammys, and even a Golden Globe to her name already, declaring that the moment everything changed for her was when a handsome actor type plucked her from obscurity. 

Her Golden Globes red carpet interview with E! News was a carbon-copy of every Q and A she’s given since she took on the role. While discussing the process of becoming Ally with Ryan Seacrest, she almost immediately notes that she worked “very closely” with Cooper on developing her character. “He’s a tremendous visionary, a tremendous director, tremendous actor to work with.” Though she also credits her success to her acting coaches and delves into a brief philosophical spiel about “alchemy,” Gaga’s focus remains on Cooper’s apparently integral assistance.

It was the black-tie version of her usual “there could be 100 people in the room.” Lady Gaga has turned her immense platform into a pedestal for her costar and director, Gaga’s constant avoidance of her own contributions to A Star Is Born feels less like charming modesty and more like internalized misogyny. In her acceptance speech for the Golden Globe for Best Original Song, which she and co-writers Cooper and Mark Ronson won for “Shallow,” she said, “As a woman in music, it is really hard to be taken seriously as a musician and a songwriter.” Strong start! It sounded, at first, like Gaga was going to address the elephant in the room (the presence of Time’s Up, in the form of black-and-white ribbons, and as a major topic of red carpet conversation). But just as quickly, she shifted the spotlight, yet again, to Cooper, this time adding Ronson, and (male) mixing engineer Tom Elmhirst: “These three incredible men...lifted me up, they supported me.”

Her comments tell the legions of "Little Monsters" that men deserve everything, no matter the circumstance, and that women, no matter their own star stature, are simply lucky to be in the presence of such genius; that we're here to lift them up and make them look better because of our efforts, like decoration. That’s bullshit, and it doesn’t sound anything like the meat-wearing pioneer she was once known to be”

https://www.instyle.com/reviews-coverage/movies/lady-gaga-thanking-bradley-cooper

Hottie Detector

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

THIS THIS 100% THIS

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

JazzGa

I agree! She is trying so hard to not look like a diva popstar and to look humble that she's gone too far the other way. 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Sneaky Oliver

She’s just being grateful. He made her dreams come true. She’s too adorable :heart:

Does anyone have the video of her talking about “alchemy”? I’m so curious !!! Thanks in advance 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Oyster

I am so scared that the media is going to hate her after this for no legitimate reason. I hope this doesn't **** up her upwards streak.

Brolysskins

anyone:

Gaga: "Bredlly Copper can belive in you because of  1 spaghetti and 100 meatballs and omg he can sing, he gave birth to me. There can be 100 rooms in a people and only one-"

jk, humble queen! 

LetsGetHigh

They took it way too up there but I agree with their main point; as nice as it is to always show loyalty towards the person who made it possible, it's also nice and healthy to credit yourself too.

zakariah

ALL points were made! :vegas:

if she credits bradley for Shallow in her grammy speech (if she wins) i'm going to RIOT

LGHunter
1 minute ago, Brolysskins said:

anyone:

Gaga: "Bredlly Copper can belive in you because of  1 spaghetti and 100 meatballs and omg he can sing, he gave birth to me. There can be 100 rooms in a people and only one-"

jk, humble queen! 

I cackled.

phantasmas

how exactly did they want Gaga to credit herself? i feel like if she did, they would then say that she’s full of herself. i mean i get their main point but why be that mad about it. :saladga: 

edit: like for real... when do you really hear award winners thank themselves? like where? they always thank everyone BUT themselves. :saladga:

Brainiac

Honestly, I have to somewhat agree with this. She needs to tone it down with all the Bradley praise. It's not a good look. She needs to give herself some credit. The movie would be nothing without her.

JazzGa
1 minute ago, Oyster said:

I am so scared that the media is going to hate her after this for no legitimate reason. I hope this doesn't **** up her upwards streak.

When Gaga is at peak global awareness, like she is right now, she is going to have a whole lot of news written about her. Some of it will inevitably be critical. I'm not concerned about this particular think piece doing anything to Gaga's reputation, but I do kinda hope she or someone on her team reads it and takes its advice.  Then again, whether Gaga defers the credit to her co-stars, or soaks up the glory as the Grande Dame (like she deserves to!), she will have people tut-tutting her no matter what she chooses to do. 

By the way, the author of this article loved ASIB.

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

PoshLife

I'd never really thought about it but I think this writer makes a really important point.

Archived