series

Game Of Thrones S8 | Finale

Varys

Featured Posts

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Thats the way I see Bran in the show no matter what. 

thatfoxyfeeling
On 5/22/2019 at 9:32 AM, BOMSHELL said:
No. that was not the only nonsensical stupidity of the episode

When we finally got to see Yara again in the last episode I thought she'd talk about Theon, but no. I really thought I'd want to watch the entire series from the start after the finale but I just can't after watching season 8. 

On 5/25/2019 at 4:48 PM, freebit said:

Almost a week later and I'm STILL pressed about this. :saladga:

Came here just to say this sad will ferrell GIF

On 5/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, BOMSHELL said:

When there is no episode tomorrow for us to bitch aboutm4KZ1Fh6e443Iulv9y7SFhUZ605-t3M8K6DgNyqO

We have The Last Watch to...watch! 

thatfoxyfeeling

Has anyone watched the documentary? I'm not sure I can bring myself to watch it, season 8 really left a bitter taste in my mouth

. disapointed no GIF by I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here! Australia

chromadica
On 5/24/2019 at 4:58 AM, Bloody Grammys said:

I assume in the books Dany is already showing signs of madness giving red flags everywhere, that's why Sansa is not trusting Dany. But D&D did really bad just tried to surprise everyone with a plot-twist no one could see coming instead of building up to it properly like GRRM would have done.

Edit: I know there are signs of Dany becoming mad from the very beginning but foreshadowing a twist that will frustrate your audience is not good writing.

There's signs of her embracing her house words and becoming a darker character in TWOW, not necessarily madness. I'm quite tired of seeing that word in regards to her arc and in general really.

MelbHawker
On 5/24/2019 at 4:45 AM, Florin said:

Well. If you were joking about Bran sleeping during the genocide, what are we talking about? Bran, The Three Eyed Raven was there and just watched it. 

I dont think that people are so upset about Bran geting to be king. Like a lot of other problems of season 8, a large group of people cant accept it in the context of the show.  Like people cant buy that the other 6 kingdoms would not choose independence after Sansa got it for the North. Details are very important in this show. 

Bran never watched Daenerys's massacre prior to it happening, though. This is the point I am trying to make here. He knew dragons would end up in Westeros / KL but he didn't know what she would actually do with them. I can't understand that criticism of Bran. Did I miss a scene in one of the episodes where it showed him watching Daenerys's massacre or showing him having knowledge of it prior to it happening?

People who can't buy that the other 6 Kingdoms wouldn't choose independence obviously aren't book readers and don't understand the historic relations the kingdoms have with one another .. and are looking for another reason to hate on the last episode. :toofunny: I can understand criticisms of Dorne not asking for independence but not the rest of them. What reason would any of the other Kingdoms want independence from the Crown? The issue of independence was never a factor in any war or conflict across 8 seasons - none of their leaders ever declared (or even implied they desired) independence. 

Fans are making up details in their own minds re: the outcome. 

Guys, THE LAST WATCH is really good! A superb documentary on the making of the last season. Avoids most of the main actors in favor of the extras and crew, which is a unique look at the production. 

Its 100% worth checking out! 

BOMSHELL

The ending felt cheap and rushed to me, just like Brienne closing the book before letting the ink dry lol. I didn’t feel anything with the deaths of certain characters, whereas in the past seasons I’d feel disgust or sadness. It just felt very empty from episode 5 and forward to me. The Starks getting a disney tier ending in comparison to all other houses I found a little off putting as well. Jaime’s heel turn back to Cersei felt too quick as well, made those scenes with Brienne meaningless to me.

A baby uttering his first words had more impactful lines than Bran the Broken d1ck. Tyrion giving that cringe inducind speech about who should be the next king while being a prisoner was also an eye rolling highlight. Oh, and Bronn, the master of coin who doesn’t understand how loans work was a treat as well.

All in all, it fell flat imo.

I want to enjoy it, but all I can feel is:

Archived