celeb

Ernest Owens will confront Gaga at Golden Globe

Enno

Featured Posts

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
myluis617

Reporters really know how to villainize celebrities to give people attention to their reports. 

Glamourpuss

These people creating drama will forget about this very soon and will move on to the next scandal. Like others have said, they don't care about the victims, it's just a way for them to publicly shame a celebrity and feel high and mighty about it. 

Borislshere
6 minutes ago, Teal Ambition said:

he has a point. He's literally been questioning Everyone working with him but y'all just care about gaga. 

SwissMonster

He forgot our girl has a god damn army behind her if he decides to say **** :triggered: Try us Ernest, you will regret it...

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Zander

It reminds me of the Kevin Hart situation. Of course, they are different things and both important BUT its the fact that 2018/2019 people will do ANYTHING to tarnish any celebrity with absolutely anything they can find, no matter how old the accusations/tweets etc... are. Our society more than ever just loves to tear people down in a way that we suppose to not forgive them. 

I expect Gaga to say something at some point about it however what media outlets seem to miss is that she did cancel the music video, and cut all ties with him. 

3 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

he has a point. He's literally been questioning Everyone working with him but y'all just care about gaga. 

True. His questioning of Chance is very critical and very valid.

3 points in and ready for more

Varys
31 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Nothing classy or noble about calling out a rape victim and triggering her PTSD on the red carpet :oops:

I agree with that I just reacted to your post where you said that they only focused on gaga :oops::runhug:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Galactastica

Tarnishing a celebrity would be making up something that never happened. Gaga did collaberate with R Kelly and she is a survivor and an important public figure for survivors and an image of kindness. It's completely relevant and expected for her to be asked about this. Reconsider "going for" anyone who questions her over this. They should be questioning this. I say this with all the love and respect for Gaga one can have. 

SwissMonster
16 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

God works hard, but the Gaga curse will end him:vegas:

Let’s end him right away :vegas:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

lowkey hope he does ask her just to see what she says. I remember thinking how inappropriate DWUW was even back then

imnotyourbabe10

I dunno who the heck this guy is but (Gaga stanning aside), way to go dude. *sarcasm*  Using social media to promulgate something like this.  He doesn't seem to have any tact.  Rather, he'd fire up a fan base(s) and media platforms regarding this issue.  It's seemingly kind of self-indulgent, too.  We need to leave these understandings to the professionals such as social scientists or psychologists to address and contextualize it for us, if warranted.  (Though I'm sure they have much better things to spend their time on than an old Gaga video).  

Clearly, R.Kelly is a bad guy.  To continue to indict those that have had contact with him over his career is insane.  Should we go dig up Joan Rivers and ask her about her relation to misogynistic Trump and the Apprentice?  (In all seriousness, miss you Joan!).

There is apparent evidence that the DWUW music video is/was problematic but it is not really relevant to her career now, IMHO.   I highly doubt she was giving the "thumbs up" to sexual assault.  Instead, what we saw from live performances and video snippets is that she was confronting those that misunderstood her message (and it is evident since this damn mess keeps following her career, here and there).  Even when it was a single with some radio play, I had friends and family ignorantly saying "Oh, that's gross...do what you want with me and my body?"  I told them, "Actually listen to or read the lyrics...you can't have my heart or mind, for example." 

From a radical, vulnerable and innovative personal perspective, I'm disappointed we never got to see her take down the media and talk about sexual assault through a "basic" pop song and boundary pushing video.   (And if it were anyone that wasn't a perv like R.Kelly, perhaps the song's or video's message would have been more palatable).

But from a perspective regarding the general public, I am glad DWUW didn't see the light of day. 

Hope this all makes sense.  I do not condone R.Kelly's behavior.  I just got fired up that someone is digging up old dirt about our Lady and that our society is so reactionary as opposed to questioning or contextualizing.  This is not meant to discredit or question anyone coming forth about sexual assault with R.Kelly or this industry or elsewhere.      

EDIT: I agree with those saying she could handle questions like this.  Especially given her openness about her experiences with it.  She creates a dialogue (and I hope that is what this Twitter-guy is going for as opposed to tarnishing someone).

monketsharona

Honestly just thinking about it I hope Lady Gaga will talk about it freely one day just to end that 'DWUW messy situation' forever

pie-kun

This is why you don't respond to people like this. This isn't someone who is trying to hold anyone accountable, this is someone who is trying to trash people for the sake of trashing them. Then to ask Chance a personal question about the family of the 14-year old victim? So much for standing up for the victim when you're trying to publicly dig up information about them and their family.

Archived