💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

HORRORHOLIC
On 1/6/2019 at 2:22 PM, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Well guess what....she never knew about Rape Kelly past.

How could she not ? Isn't that why the song was made with him in the 1st place ? Because of all the bad press he got ? It was already well known many years ago that there was a tape of him having sex and pissing on a 13 year old.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aga Gydal

I’m uncomfortable at the idea of policing women, particularly women who are sexual assault survivors themselves, on anything with this topic. Lady Gaga was raped and has used her platform repeatedly to enlighten the public about the misogyny and rape culture in her industry. She has every right to speak or NOT speak on this topic any further. Given the complete lack of acknowledgment she’s given that song and R Kelly since 2014 is probably telling enough. 

That said, and knowing her, she’ll most likely say something about this at some point, ideally not when it’ll grab headlines away from a career defining month coming up. 

GagaUnderYou
1 hour ago, Aga Gydal said:

I’m uncomfortable at the idea of policing women, particularly women who are sexual assault survivors themselves, on anything with this topic. Lady Gaga was raped and has used her platform repeatedly to enlighten the public about the misogyny and rape culture in her industry. She has every right to speak or NOT speak on this topic any further. Given the complete lack of acknowledgment she’s given that song and R Kelly since 2014 is probably telling enough. 

That said, and knowing her, she’ll most likely say something about this at some point, ideally not when it’ll grab headlines away from a career defining month coming up. 

Well she just told a reporter on the carpet at the globes for women to “Do What U Want”. :classy:

TheGagaOfItAll

not that her working with r kelly/terry richardson is excusable, but as another female victim of rape myself, it is extremely complicated to be pressured to be in situations with men who you can clearly detect are predatory, and doing what you can which guarantees your safety. i can imagine any female in any "professional" relationship with r kelly felt the fact he was a disgusting man immediately.

i want a statement from gaga, i want the song removed from itunes/spotify (and replaced with the xtina version lol) and i want an apology. 

i also want people to understand how terrifying the world becomes after being raped, and i don't find her to be a "hypocrite" for making Til it Happens To You after working with him. 

Nobody's gonna heal me if I don't open the door

Queen Bitch
14 hours ago, Aga Gydal said:

This. All of this. 

Also, as much as I like Do What U Want (it's one of her best songs imo) I really think it should be removed from Spotify/iTunes. We have the Xtina and Rick Ross versions which are better anyway. I just feel uncomfortable listening to a song by "someone like him". I already removed I Believe I Can Fly from my playlist because I can't listen to it anymore. 

HORRORHOLIC

I'm happy she's apologized. It was the right thing to do and now hopefully everyone is able to move past this. 

AciidSwine

She absolutely should have participated in this. She thought she could dodge the controversy but its honestly been building since 2013. I knew it was a bad move then and its taken 6 years for it to bite her in the ass unfortunately. Love her and love the track, but its just really unfortunate that it got wrapped up in all this drama. Its one of her strongest productions since her peak.

Archived