Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

9 minutes ago, Didymus said:

He was found not guilty in 2008 though :chica: Controversial decision, but it's very possible Gaga assumed he wasn't actually the dude in that video.

Well maybe.. I knew about the video but I never watched it. So maybe she thought it was rumors.. who knows. But it was a big scandal back in the day and nearly killed his career but he managed to make a comeback afterwards. 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss
39 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, that's sad. Remember this?

"He’s a very talented person and I feel connected to him because he’s also plagued by other people’s projections of what he is. And that’s what’s really exciting to me about this album. In a way, it’s showing my fans how to have a more detailed and critical eye with music and what they’re looking at."

— Gaga, 2013

I wonder if she just didn't know enough about his controversial past. Or maybe it was just a PR stunt, who knows. But if I were Kelly, I would feel betrayed ngl :rip:

I think that perhaps she was naive. I think she's the type of person to see the good in everybody and because she's had so much hate thrown towards her by the media she could empathise with him. It seems she's grown up a lot since then and is more cautious of people now. 

Posted this before reading other comments. @Max Vandeburgsaid it better. :)

Max Vandeburg
15 minutes ago, symphonia said:

But it was knew he was a pedo at the time they worked together.. A video leaked of him pissing on a teenage girl. It was news all over the world. I don't live in the US and I knew it. So stop with the excuses.. 

I doubt she knew that. At that time the #MeToo movement had not happened yet, and cases like that received very little attention, sadly. And even if she did, she probably believed he was innocent, for the reasons I've explained.

I'm sure she deeply regrets having worked with him now that she is mature and established as an artist. But she can't be blamed for his actions. 

Glamourpuss
16 minutes ago, symphonia said:

But it was knew he was a pedo at the time they worked together.. A video leaked of him pissing on a teenage girl. It was news all over the world. I don't live in the US and I knew it. So stop with the excuses.. 

Some people weren't aware of it. I wasn't. 

nerdfacekillah
37 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Well, that's sad. Remember this?

"He’s a very talented person and I feel connected to him because he’s also plagued by other people’s projections of what he is. And that’s what’s really exciting to me about this album. In a way, it’s showing my fans how to have a more detailed and critical eye with music and what they’re looking at."

— Gaga, 2013

I wonder if she just didn't know enough about his controversial past. Or maybe it was just a PR stunt, who knows. But if I were Kelly, I would feel betrayed ngl :rip:

i think u answered yourself

If you don’t have any shadows, you’re not standing in the light.

2 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Some people weren't aware of it. I wasn't. 

I think it has to do with age.. maybe. I remember during the ARTPOP era, most people here had no idea who he even was. 

Babel

People who criticized Katy Perry for not standing up for Kesha in her case and now applauding Gaga for remain silent about this should check themselves as hypocrites.

I’ve supported Gaga through all these years, but this is the first time I truly feel disappointed in her. This could’ve been her opportunity to redeem herself for collaborating and performed with him and put DWUWgate to rest; to support victims just as much as she advocated for Kesha and survivors back in 2016; take a stand and make an statement that just as much she preaches of allowing herself to fail, she’s human and as human-regular girl, she made a mistake. 

Instead, she chooses to ignore that, intentionally or not, she proudly promoted a sexual offender through her music and art.

hpmcmill

I feel like she'll acknowledge it one day only if the media picks it back up one day and it becomes a big headline. 

Glamourpuss
11 minutes ago, Vegas said:

People who criticized Katy Perry for not standing up for Kesha in her case and now applauding Gaga for remain silent about this should check themselves as hypocrites.

I’ve supported Gaga through all these years, but this is the first time I truly feel disappointed in her. This could’ve been her opportunity to redeem herself for collaborating and performed with him and put DWUWgate to rest; to support victims just as much as she advocated for Kesha and survivors back in 2016; take a stand and make an statement that just as much she preaches of allowing herself to fail, she’s human and as human-regular girl, she made a mistake. 

Instead, she chooses to ignore that, intentionally or not, she proudly promoted a sexual offender through her music and art.

Why does she have to say anything though? What's wrong with distancing herself? It's only the obsessed fans who keep going on about the collaboration. 

Editing to add she didn't proudly promote a sexual offender and I'm disgusted with you for wording it like that. You make it sound like she was aware of everything R Kelly did and supported what he was doing. They collabed on a song one time, that's all.

This annoys me everyone is ok speaking about metoo but when it come to all the pedophilia stuff no one wants to say anything. What are they scared off is the Illuminati real?

Guys plz 

anyone has the video of Gaga singing ARUTW playing on the piano 

it was a short video 

i can't find it 

love u 😘

Edit : lol wrong thread

What would she have to say, honestly? He’s just a guy her label forced to collab with, she doesn’t know what’s the tea

Max Vandeburg

It's also worth remembering that it was DJWS idea to bring R. Kelly to the song, in the first place. Paul said this in an interview at the time:

“When she started singing the song, we were on a bus in Europe and I was like, instantly, ‘This is my favorite song. It’s never going to stop that this is my favorite song on the whole record.’ We had gone over the idea. and I was like ‘You know what would be awesome? R. Kelly.’ And she was like ‘Sure, let’s do it.’” (USA Today)

Babel
1 minute ago, Glamourpuss said:

Why does she have to say anything though? What's wrong with distancing herself? It's only the obsessed fans who keep going on about the collaboration. 

Because as much as we all want to hide the fact, she did collaborated with a sexual offender, she performed sexual acts with him multiple times on stage, she promoted a sexual song with a sexual predator, she made a music video with sexual innuendos, etc. 

As a survivor herself, she should show more empathy with those victims too. It’s not like she has to talk, but the fact that she decides to remain silent in this case cause it may or may not affect her commercial success, feels really disappointing. 

Glamourpuss
9 minutes ago, Vegas said:

Because as much as we all want to hide the fact, she did collaborated with a sexual offender, she performed sexual acts with him multiple times on stage, she promoted a sexual song with a sexual predator, she made a music video with sexual innuendos, etc. 

As a survivor herself, she should show more empathy with those victims too. It’s not like she has to talk, but the fact that she decides to remain silent in this case cause it may or may not affect her commercial success, feels really disappointing. 

You mean she simulated sex, she didn't perform sexual acts. 

It's been long forgotten about. It's only the fans that bring it up time and time again. She's deliberately distanced herself and never mentions him or that track. 

I just don't understand why you're trying to drag Gaga's name through the mud. Fair enough you can be disappointed that she worked with him but she's only human like the rest of us. We all make mistakes. 

It's not her responsibility to right the wrongs that R Kelly is guilty of. Just because she had a sexually themed song and video doesn't mean she's implicated. 

Btw I edited my last post to add another paragraph because what you wrote was atrocious. 

Archived