Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

Teal Ambition

According to executive producer dream hampton, several musicians were asked to participate in the docuseries but turned downed the opportunity. Speaking with the Detroit Free Press, hampton revealed that Erykah Badu, JAY-Z, Dave Chappelle, and Lady Gaga—all of whom have collaborated with R. Kelly—declined interviews. Questlove, Mary J. Blige, and Lil’ Kim also turned down the opportunity to speak, hampton said in an interview with Shadow and Act.

The only musicians who participated in “Surviving R. Kelly” were John Legend and R&B singer Stephanie “Sparkle” Edwards, who testified against Kelly at his 2008 trial. Dream hampton said of John Legend’s participation, “That makes John Legend even more of a hero for me.”

https://pitchfork.com/news/jay-z-lady-gaga-dave-chappelle-more-turned-down-r-kelly-documentary-producer-says/

Good move, she should stay far away from this

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SCHEISSEMONTRE

Now we know why Gaga never performs Do What U Want live anymore after artRAVE :reductive:

But tbh, it’s good she isn’t doing it cause of what happened during the ARTPOP era stuff and the interview might bring up DWUW and stuff.

Mychal

Sneaky Oliver

Great. She doesn’t need to be associated to him anymore. Specially now!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

DelusionalGaga

As a stan I'm glad that she's keeping her distance from this mess but as a human I feel rather shitty that I want her to stay silent on this horrific issue. 

Inb4 they dig up some dirt against her :koons:

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

guyzplzstaph

I'm actually happy she's not participating - she knows him (i think) from working on a track. I don't think she should be stating her opinion in this case, mostly because it would bring completely nothing to the docuseries.

And yes, i do love DWUW

Didymus

Well, that's sad. Remember this?

"He’s a very talented person and I feel connected to him because he’s also plagued by other people’s projections of what he is. And that’s what’s really exciting to me about this album. In a way, it’s showing my fans how to have a more detailed and critical eye with music and what they’re looking at."

— Gaga, 2013

I wonder if she just didn't know enough about his controversial past. Or maybe it was just a PR stunt, who knows. But if I were Kelly, I would feel betrayed ngl :rip:

Max Vandeburg

Well, she probably has nothing to say about the cases, actually. What would be the point of interviewing her?

She only worked with him on ONE song 6 years ago and, like many other artists did, she just thought he was a decent person back then. End of story.

blackpink

I mean we all saw it coming. The whole fiasco surrounding it back then was enough for her to cancel the video and re-release it with Christina. 

I truly believe if that video was released Gaga would’ve been truly over. 

Didymus
2 minutes ago, guyzplzstaph said:

she knows him (i think) from working on a track. I don't think she should be stating her opinion in this case, mostly because it would bring completely nothing to the docuseries.

That's true...

While I agree, they must've asked her for a reason, even if it was just for a description of how it was working together, or to expand on her comment I posted above.

But yeah, you got me thinking she might have pulled out simply because she had nothing to say. It seemed from the beginning she didn't really care about him (remember the like, 20 different stories about how he came to work on the track lol) :shrug: But the controversy obviously plays a part here too, which is why so many others declined as well.

2 minutes ago, Didymus said:

"He’s a very talented person and I feel connected to him because he’s also plagued by other people’s projections of what he is. And that’s what’s really exciting to me about this album. In a way, it’s showing my fans how to have a more detailed and critical eye with music and what they’re looking at."

did she actually say that omg. delete

Spoiler

:gaycat:

Thomas P
On 1/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, Didymus said:

Well, that's sad. Remember this?

— Gaga, 2013

I wonder if she just didn't know enough about his controversial past. Or maybe it was just a PR stunt, who knows. But if I were Kelly, I would feel betrayed ngl :rip:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

She needs to explain why she simulated sexual acts on stage with that pedo predator and why she asked Uncle Terry to tape the video. 

Archived