Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Lady Gaga & other celebs declined to be interviewed for R. Kelly's doc

Teal Ambition

Featured Posts

Borislshere
50 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

Beyoncé can do no wrong in her fans eyes lmao.

You say this as if monsters weren't attacking anyone who dare say anything negative about enigma this past week. 

tumblr_inline_pkrp6cy9lK1qf89pq_540.gif

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KURUSHITOVSKA

I'll never understand how and why she took R Kelly for DWUW specially with those lyrics... Her solo version is still better.

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

somnambulist

Can we close this thread and leave it in the past? Gaga wants to move on and at this point it’s pointless to discuss. 

AshIey
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

You say this as if monsters weren't attacking anyone who dare say a negative thing about enigma this past week. 

tumblr_inline_pkrp6cy9lK1qf89pq_540.gif

Gaga’s fans are far more critical of her than Beyoncé’s are though so that’s not really a fair comparison. Hell even here if someone does anything less than praise her they get called a racist. :air:

Lord Temptation
10 minutes ago, somnambulist said:

Can we close this thread and leave it in the past? Gaga wants to move on and at this point it’s pointless to discuss. 

ARTPOP had so many highs and lows :messga:

Sadly there are some here who only seem to want to remember the lows :messga:

Borislshere
1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

Gaga’s fans are far more critical of her than Beyoncé’s are though so that’s not really a fair comparison. Hell even here if someone does anything less than praise her they get called a racist. :air:

Nnn mess if anyone’s gotten called racist here it was most likely for a reason and it wasn’t just because “ you don’t like her”. 

techhausmonster

I totally support this.

Update: for some reason i thought this was about r. kelly trying to prove he’s innocent. i didn’t know it was from the accusers’ point of view. 

I don’t mind her declining. She doesn’t want to talk about it and thats it. Let’s drop it and move on. 

techhausmonster
3 hours ago, SCHEISSEMONTRE said:

Now we know why Gaga never performs Do What U Want live anymore after artRAVE :reductive:

But tbh, it’s good she isn’t doing it cause of what happened during the ARTPOP era stuff and the interview might bring up DWUW and stuff.

Exactly. To be honest, since you can now update albums in the streaming era, I think she should replace R. Kelly's version of DWUW with the xtina one.

pulling the dwuw music video before it was released was probably one of gaga's most important career decisions :messga: 

nodandsmile

TBH the only thing she could say about him is her experience working together on that song, that wouldn't add anything to the story. Those of you saying that she could use this opportunity to do some explaining, well that would just be making herself look good, not helping the victims, let's be real (like some of these actresses who was praising the sh*t out of Weinstein in front of but now are now are acting like it wasn't them).

For those of you saying she didn't hear about the controversy, she definitely did, the quote posted at the beginning of the thread shows that she did! "she was forced by her label" no STOP ... STOP... with the excuses ... She made a big mistake, OWN IT! I hope she talks about it one day though since she's very vocal about the issue now, probably because she's matured and regrets working with him (seriously that was so ignorant of her!) But I agree that, if you really care about the victims, come for everyone and not her only!

Killa

Tbh most of yall still read too much about this collab.

You still dont get that most of What She says is a novelty. I doubt She really knows him.

At this point for her he was most likely another famous guy being persecuted by the media.

But knowing the industry and having been assaulted and being a Smart woman that Cares for the message, theres no excuse for no further investigation etc. Dont just play ignorant, cause thats really What youre being.

It was a tragic idea. Ha mind it amazes me

malazam
4 hours ago, symphonia said:

She needs to explain why she simulated sexual acts on stage with that pedo predator and why she asked Uncle Terry to tape the video. 

Read the lyrics?

another shot before we kiss the other side

Miracle

This happened six years ago. It's hard to understand why Gaga chose R.Kelly. Gaga knew about his past. Interscope is not stupid and Gaga's a pop culture expert. I think she tried to make a statement by collaborating with her. The meaning behind the trainwreck that was the Do What U Want era? We are not going to get a full picture of the situation anytime soon but considering Gaga's emotional state during that time and the public revelation of her being raped, I don't think it was a very rational decision like "I'm an emotionless person who has no morals and he sounds good and will make me sell records". The SNL performance definitely reads as performative self-harming.

All of this coulda been avoided if her label didn’t force her to change the second single. And TBH, DWUW is what killed the AP era (no tea no shade).

Originally it was DJWS and her labels idea for her to get a male R&B artist on the track as well. 

BYE

Archived