💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga missed her chance to release music for Enigma.

Louvre

Featured Posts

So last night during the first enigma show tons of little monsters thought gaga was going to release new music, but she didn't... 

Now, don't get me wrong, Enigma totally rocked my socks off. But I was totally convinced she would release a single because Enigma is the start to a new era. One of the main reasons I thought she was going to release something was because whenever she has a really detailed and unique theme (like the anime/bayonetta one)  she releases new music to go along with it, what would a gaga era be without new music? The reason I'm feeling like there is a chance she won't be releasing new music during enigma is because usually she has a plan set in her mind and she executes it well, her timing and releases are usually not sloppy (there are definitely some instances where her releases are messy). If she was to release new music mid Enigma residency the show would change dramatically and overall things would feel like a mess.

The reason I feel like a lot of monsters are upset is because she created this amazing visual performance, yet the overall show feels mismatched with her ONLY singing songs that are from other eras.

I don't want anyone to get me wrong, I loved watching the live streams for enigma so much and I think the show is truly fantastic, but I don't think it'd be great for her to release new music for enigma because if she did it would feel really sloppy. The only thing that makes me sad about enigma is that the opening night feels like a missed opportunity to release something, if she released one song last night she'd be on top of the world right now. 

edit: Ik that enigma was supposed to be a revamp of her hits and that is what it was advertised as, so i'm not too bummed out she didn't release anything I'm just sad she missed a good opportunity. when I said that usually her releases and planning are not sloppy I meant that usually she takes her time to release new music officially unlike someone like Nicki who gets featured on tons of songs a year. NO shade to Nicki, she is doing what works for her and there is nothing wrong with that, I just needed someone to use as an example.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sis an era means new music.. This is a Residency of her Accomplishments and Discography over the last ten years.. Even though ARTPOP got Snubbed. :reductive:

Suspiria

I see your point but I actually feel like the reason it's a bit messy is because the new music isn't in the show yet... I feel like this show is made for LG6, but now is not the right moment to release the album (just after Christmas, awards season coming). So I think the messy setlist is just because she is using old tracks to fill in the spots that new songs will take once they are released in Spring.

Notthebling
10 minutes ago, Louvre said:

usually she has a plan set in her mind and she executes it well, her timing and releases are never sloppy

Where were you for the last 6 years?

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

Whispering

“Tons” of little monsters were delusional.

Releasing new music was never going to happen with the start of a Vegas show.

That will come later with the start of a new album era. 

BleepBloop
12 hours ago, Suspiria said:

I see your point but I actually feel like the reason it's a bit messy is because the new music isn't in the show yet... I feel like this show is made for LG6, but now is not the right moment to release the album (just after Christmas, awards season coming). So I think the messy setlist is just because she is using old tracks to fill in the spots that new songs will take once they are released in Spring.

yes, same. The visuals, sound design and Gaga's whole aesthetic just don't fit the current setlist. I can't help but feel like something is missing, but I love the show and it's video game vibe very much.

1 minute ago, Notthebling said:

Where were you for the last 6 years?

Damn, I'm literally biting my tongue after reading that. When I said that I meant that usually she doesn't release music whenever, so her releases feel special and planned. Ik there was so much mess with ARTPOP and a lot of that had to do with her and her creative team having issues. I also know some things with born this way and Joanne were sloppy like when Judas got leaked and she just released it instead of having people listen to it online.

Borislshere

I honestly don’t want a new album era to start anytime soon. A greatest hits album with a few unreleased songs would’ve been cool for enigma 

I honestly think the original plan was to release a single/album by ENIGMA when the ASIB release date was in May. When it was changed, I think they decided it wouldn't be a good time.

SharkmanthaC
10 minutes ago, GoneGUY said:

I honestly think the original plan was to release a single/album by ENIGMA when the ASIB release date was in May. When it was changed, I think they decided it wouldn't be a good time.

I agree with this.  I think she will wait until after awards season, at least. 

she/her/hers

Gracious Gaga

You’re right.  She totally missed her chance to release new music.  Looks like she’s stuck with that show for the next two years w no chance EVER to be able to release new music .  So let’s look forward to new music in 2021 then :vegas:

♥ Kindness Police.

2 minutes ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Looks like she’s stuck with that show for the next two years w no chance EVER to be able to release new music

ofc I didn't mean to make it seem like she couldn't ever release new music during the residency. I just think last night would have been an awesome time.

You don’t release new music when you have an album that’s currently slaying the charts. 

You don’t release new music to kill the momentum from a possible Oscar winning song. 

You do release music when the time is right, and right now it’s not it. 

Sneaky Oliver

She and her team know better about releasing music than any of us. If they decided not to release it right now, they have a reason and they have a better plan!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Bolkins

It would been so boring later on if she had released new music now. What we look forward to? We have enough going on rn to keep us occupied, once the novelty of the residency and ASIB/award season has died down we'll be on to the next thing and that's why LG6 needs to be saved until then. 

Archived