💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Y'all need to understand Vegas

Nino

Featured Posts

Some of you talking about Enigma obviously know nothing about Las Vegas or the US. We need to understand what Las Vegas is all about and why residencies are there.

LVMC_3DMap_4.25x9.25_0718-website.jpg

Most of this is contained within just FOUR MILES. That's just under 6.5km. How are they able to get Cher, Mariah Carey, Elton John, and Lady Gaga all crammed into here and still sell out night after night? The answer is obvious but I don't think it sunk in for you people whining about Enigma. Enigma exists to force people to book Las Vegas vacations. It's not inherently about the concert. artRAVE didn't make as much total as she herself is personally getting paid for this. You should have seen some red flags.

f3ee76ad20.png

Las Vegas is also the only the 30th biggest Metropolitan area in the United States. That should have ALSO have been a red flag.

USA.jpg

Las Vegas is 263 Miles(424km) from LA, 2,233 Miles(3,593km) from New York City, and 1,524 Miles from Chicago(2,452km). So there's no locals to buy tickets and the nearest Major American city is 4 hours away, the others you couldn't realistically drive from. How are they making that enormous price they're paying for Gaga and the production if my hotel was only a few hundred dollars and the locals aren't buying the seats then Nino?

MGM Resorts and it's competitor, Caesars Entertainment own most of that 4 mile radius. The Park MGM and all it's immediate neighbors are ALL owned by MGM. The shops you go to? Pay rent to MGM. The restaurants you'll eat at? Mostly owned by but some are also just spaces for rent by MGM. That street vendor you bought a spray painted galaxy canvas that says viva Las Vegas from? Pays MGM to be there. Even if you THINK you're taking your business elsewhere in Vegas, somehow, somewhere, one or both of these companies is making a profit off it. 

This is what Las Vegas residencies traditionally look like AT BEST. 10 years ago this was the best show Vegas had ever seen. So excuse the rest of us for not entertaining the idea that Enigma was underwhelming. She literally flew onto the stage, brought back the 'old gaga' everybody has been whining for since ARTPOP ended, and also literally sang Scheisse from a gigantic robot while the entire stage was on fire. It's a completely different level of showmanship for Las Vegas. Even Britney's show was considered an incredible step up and looks sloppy compared to what we got last night. I've gone to Las Vegas almost every year of my life for vacation and Enigma is NOT like anything that cities' ever seen before. Most Arena tours outside of the main pop acts don't even have that kind of budget when playing for 20k people every night.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the meltdown threads keep coming :laughga: Y'all really canNOT handle any criticism directed at  Gaga at all huh 

Just now, 2008Ga said:

I didn't know all of those places are so close to each other :rip:

It's such a small area of a small city. Gaga's there along with ever other attraction to artificially increase the demand for all those resorts. 

ARTPOPSTER
22 hours ago, Nino said:

Some of you talking about Enigma obviously know nothing about Las Vegas or the US. We need to understand what Las Vegas is all about and why residencies are there.

LVMC_3DMap_4.25x9.25_0718-website.jpg

Most of this is contained within just FOUR MILES. That's just under 6.5km. How are they able to get Cher, Mariah Carey, Elton John, and Lady Gaga all crammed into here and still sell out night after night? The answer is obvious but I don't think it sunk in for you people whining about Enigma. Enigma exists to force people to book Las Vegas vacations. It's not inherently about the concert. artRAVE didn't make as much total as she herself is personally getting paid for this. You should have seen some red flags.

f3ee76ad20.png

Las Vegas is also the only the 30th biggest Metropolitan area in the United States. That should have ALSO have been a red flag.

USA.jpg

Las Vegas is 263 Miles(424km) from LA, 2,233 Miles(3,593km) from New York City, and 1,524 Miles from Chicago(2,452km). So there's no locals to buy tickets and the nearest Major American city is 4 hours away, the others you couldn't realistically drive from. How are they making that enormous price they're paying for Gaga and the production if my hotel was only a few hundred dollars and the locals aren't buying the seats then Nino?

MGM Resorts and it's competitor, Caesars Entertainment own most of that 4 mile radius. The Park MGM and all it's immediate neighbors are ALL owned by MGM. The shops you go to? Pay rent to MGM. The restaurants you'll eat at? Mostly owned by but some are also just spaces for rent by MGM. That street vendor you bought a spray painted galaxy canvas that says viva Las Vegas from? Pays MGM to be there. Even if you THINK you're taking your business elsewhere in Vegas, somehow, somewhere, one or both of these companies is making a profit off it. 

This is what Las Vegas residencies traditionally look like AT BEST. 10 years ago this was the best show Vegas had ever seen. So excuse the rest of us for not entertaining the idea that Enigma was underwhelming. She literally flew onto the stage, brought back the 'old gaga' everybody has been whining for since ARTPOP ended, and also literally sang Scheisse from a gigantic robot while the entire stage was on fire. It's a completely different level of showmanship for Las Vegas. Even Britney's show was considered an incredible step up and looks sloppy compared to what we got last night. I've gone to Las Vegas almost every year of my life for vacation and Enigma is NOT like anything that cities' ever seen before. Most Arena tours outside of the main pop acts don't even have that kind of budget when playing for 20k people every night.

This^

Everyone was whining about the old Gaga and when she does that they still whine.

I think she did a fantastic job, and I was watching low quality versions. The production was well executed, and it is quite impressive that they could do everything they did last night.

Just now, OG Gaga Stan said:

the meltdown threads keep coming :laughga: Y'all really canNOT handle any criticism directed at  Gaga at all huh 

This is more directed at the people saying it looked cheap or small. This is another galaxy of production value for Las Vegas.

witchcocktor
3 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

Criticism can be unfounded or miseducated, though. And some things are just a matter of taste.

Just now, GagaUnderYou said:

In fewer words, She has become a money making machine for Vegas and their tourism. 

In more words, she's found a source of stability in her massive rollercoaster career that will allow her to finally take care of her personal life and physical health with the downtime it gives her.

ImTired
Just now, Nino said:

In more words, she's found a source of stability in her massive rollercoaster career that will allow her to finally take care of her personal life and physical health with the downtime it gives her.

This. 

MANiCURE 6

We don’t care what people say, we know the truth.

And the truth is, Enigma is a f*****g good show and Gaga serve us all we need last night ! :staymad:

GagaUnderYou
2 minutes ago, Nino said:

Definitely. But she won’t be there forever. It’s a temporary situation. A World Tour will eventually come again for her hopefully one that fits her lifestyle.

• Admin changed the title to Y'all need to understand Vegas

Archived