music news

Ava Max “Sweet But Psycho” hits #1 in UK

LateToCult

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FfFfFfFF

She is always on the radio here in Romania. Both with this song + My Way. I think she'll become another Dua Lipa/ Kylie Minogue type of star - very successful in Europe but underperfoming in the US.

LateToCult
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

She is always on the radio here in Romania. Both with this song + My Way. I think she'll become another Dua Lipa/ Kylie Minogue type of star - very successful in Europe but underperfoming in the US.

Ava Max is American tho. They might take her in. Also Miss Minogue did well in the US. :sis:

Love this song although there's only enough times I can play it :saladga:

Need her album asap :saladga:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

FfFfFfFF
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Ava Max is American tho. They might take her in. Also Miss Minogue did well in the US. :sis:

She did but she is notorious for performing better in Europe than US.

7 minutes ago, Decodekid said:

Is she that lil monster girl?

No, she is "the new gaga"

could mean anything

DiscoHeaven23

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

watch out Ariana 

Spoiler

jk love Ariana, but im ready for a new girl

MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

She did but she is notorious for performing better in Europe than US.

SBS entered the charts last week. Give her some time. Even tho I'm not expecting much, US hates pop, especially female.

Glamourpuss

It's not the best song but it's a step in the right direction for the kind of pop music we need today. I'm happy for her success and the song is catchy even though it's basic. But I feel like it's following a Gaga formula because of the m-m-m sound, the song structure and also the accent she sings in sounds put on a bit, kind of like Gaga's Bad Romance voice. It wouldn't surprise me if she or her team studied Gaga and are trying to emulate that same success. I know they are two completely different artists and I'm happy to make room for Ava to develop and evolve as an artist but I can't help but see the Gaga influences. 

LateToCult
2 minutes ago, DiscoHeaven23 said:

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

watch out Ariana 

Reveal hidden contents

jk love Ariana, but im ready for a new girl

I’m excited for a fresh face to come smashing. I’d like to see another wave of new faces actually like the Gaga/Katy/Kesha wave of 08/09. 

Dominic

I visited family at Christmas and my older straight bro came in and said "have you heard that new crazy song. It's good. I thought it was gaga".  So even the straights are getting in on the new Gaga.

Depending on her follow up she may do well, otherwise she'll just be a on hit wonder here.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Archived