Chuckles
1 minute ago, Dutch said:

Nnn, I hate waiting so long for every show. :air:

I know, in the meantime we can hope for some small fixes for Engima :vegas:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle

Pixel streaming TRULY didn't make the show justice. Somehow non-professional semi-HQ video make it look way better. 

In up-close videos choreography wasn't bad. BDR was a highlight in that particular aspect because she really didn't try to dance that much but was playful. Up-close videos also do justice to 2 of the outfits. The intro one is pretty spectacular and detailed and the robot one is crazy. Everything is better with some huge-ass shoulder pads on. And I'm not mad about the green tulle, at least it covers that ugly ass leotard I hope Gaga changes for a crazy bodysuit or a skirt. Or just stone it. But do something about it.

And I really appreciate the fact that there's a whole story and the Enigma character. Makes the experience immersive and will probably be more entertaining than 10 minutes long speeches. She kept the non-story speeches short but still incorporated her message to the story. Good.

If the costumes are fixed and the wig is styled better (I don't think the colour is bad, it just needs more volume, or the bangs cut) this can really be elevated to a JWT / MB level

5 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

I know, in the meantime we can hope for some small fixes for Engima :vegas:

I’m sure they are thinking about changes and improvements since yesterday, like they always do. The second show will probably be the show how it will be for the coming shows.

nathantj594

Fantastic show! Absolutely great! The only thing that ruined it for me in these videos is these people (especially that one guy...) who keep singing along very loudly and very badly. Let the performer perform! You’ve already got your phone shoved in her face, quit screaming off-key nonsense at her too!

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Hausofalexandru

I think some people are missing the point with this show. Enigma come to Gaga because she lost sight of herself. This whole show was very monsterball Gaga (in my opinion). Even the story like reminded me of how she had a story line at the MBT.  This is who she is! She’s a NY girl just doing her thing man. Plus, it’s vegas so of course it’s gonna be a little over the top. 

Being at the show last night, only upsetting thing for me were the people in the stands. About 85% of my entire section (306) did not know any of the songs beside the big hits. Wish it could have been more true fans. It was a very expensive show and the people who just have the money to see Gaga are a waste of a true fans seat.  

CanadaGoesGaga

I got total Monster Ball vibes from this show. Cheesy, New York, Drag Theatre.

Gaga really brought us back to her roots. What made her unique and huge. ArtRave was FUN, Joanne Tour was mature and spectacular, but this brings us back to the story based theatre she hasn't done since Born This Way Ball. 

I feel like most people are liking this because it’s Gaga, you guys would be singing a completely different tune if this was another pop star’s show.

It’s specially evident when questionable use of CGI is being well received now, when not too long ago you people were against the use of it. Taylor Swift’s and Ariana Grande’s use of it were notoriously laughed at and criticised on this site. 

Same goes to the dialogue, outfit selection and overall presentation. This would have been called “cringe”, cheap and rushed if it wasn’t Gaga’s. Just an observation. :koons:

I’m personally neutral about Enigma, liked some elements like Gaga’s energy and the incorporation of fan favourites like Dance in the Dark and underrated and forgotten tracks like The Fame and Beautiful Dirty Rich and one look, disliked others, I don’t love it nor hate it, totally inoffensive but it’s not stimulating either. It’s just there.

Loved everything except the wig and the storyline lol :ladyhaha: honestly this show would be perfect with no storyline at all. 

The night sky tells all

Lazz Monster

Guys, can we talk about how she did the Paws up  during the Intro??? I don't remember the last time she did it :staymad:

We're far from the Shallow now

Head Empty
2 hours ago, Vegas said:

This angle is everything. Look at the fire in her eyes

I'd be so uncomfortable filming her upclose like that :laughga:. I was in a similar situation at an Imagine Dragons concert, but it just felt disrespectful and wasteful to pull up a phone when an artist is working their ass of right in front of you.

I'm sure Jazz Piano will be basically covers, iconic American songs and stuff like Cheek To Cheek. Maybe she'll play "Princess Die" or "I Wanna Be With You", fan-favorites. I totally forgot about Jazz Piano, for real, everything was about ENIGMA since the day it was announced. :) And I'm OK with that.

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch, just drink my ****ing coffee and watch 90's cartoons and hush

6 hours ago, Joshie S said:

If you don't understand how the entire show is related to ARTPOP, then you sir, are no fan.

It's meant to be related to it, but it failed. First by having only two ARTPOP songs, but also by using concepts from the ARTPOP era (Petga to name one) in such a bleak way.

Aura was thrown in the middle. She opened the night with JUST DANCE and closed with SHALLOW. Girl, this show actually barely has anything to do with ARTPOP besides reheating some stuff she invented back then.

Archived