💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Why PI is a love-hate relationship.

AndiGaga

Featured Posts

AndiGaga

I LOVE Perfect Illusion. Its my third most played song by Gaga after Applause and Bad Romance. I love the energy and the aggressive voice that has so much power. But i think it could have been a big hit, if it would have been produced differently. When i heard this version:

I thought it would be better :( the instrumental is so beautiful and smooth.

What do you think? Is PI perfect the way it is or would it be better in that kind of version?

Robo Ga

I agree 100000000%. Production on the final version was not palatable to many people and it's understandable. It's hard to differentiate sounds in the backing track and the vocal was not produced well at all. I'm not sure where the record went wrong but if Kevin Parker had had more creative control it could have been a huge hit. 

🤖⚡️

Didymus

The song could never work.

It wants to be different but ends up being exactly like a run of the mill pop track that any pop artist could've released (in 2009) :oops: The songwriting is terribly basic and I know a lot of fans think the instrumental makes up for it by being slightly more aggressive (a ridiculous argument since Gaga had released way more aggressive songs prior to PI), or that her voice somehow transcends the utterly basic and unimaginative melodies, but it's not fooling me.

It's very fun to listen to and I do like it a lot but from the chick who claimed to be a Megadeth and Maiden fan, that was a downright shitty attempt to go stadium rock. Even Rihanna did it better :saladga:

So yeah, fun pop track but nothing special. Eight years into her career she should've known how to do better than that.

FfFfFfFF

I love it and hate it at the same time. I guess it's nice to play it when you need energy but on a regular basis and I think the released version didn't use to whole potential of the melody and Kevin's production.

Reality

Parker's demo sounds great, but the reason why Perfect Illusion works the way it does is because of how overly-aggressive it is: it's meant to be that way. 

🃏🖤👹

GhettoFabulous

It could’ve been better imo if they gave Bloodpop and Kevin more freedom :lolly: like it’s still a great song don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t have too much of that Kevin flare imo at least not for me :madge:

Sneaky Oliver

PI is amazing. The instrumental is really that good. The disco vibes with the guitars and then her loud aggressive vocals kick in UGH :nooo:

I wish the bridge could be a little different (I love for the “where are you” smooth vocals!!!)

sometimes the “lack” of lyrics in the chorus do annoy me but its part of the raw emotional vibe of that song 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Lord Temptation

I loved from the beginning however I must admit I purposely skip the song. It’s too intense, almost like being on a bad trip. The song has so much rage that hearing it makes me want to go crazy :vegas: 

Borislshere

The song had a lot of potential to embrace the rock sound. If you amplify a few stems and play it together, it sounds amazing. The final version is just a bit too polished. 

AStarIsBorn21
5 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

I loved from the beginning however I must admit I purposely skip the song. It’s too intense, almost like being on a bad trip. The song has so much rage that hearing it makes me want to go crazy :vegas: 

This. It’s a good song and I liked it when it came out, but now... I try to avoid it. It’s too confusing of a song to be in the right mood for, especially with the whole key change and when it turns more disco. 

Chromatislaps
28 minutes ago, Gladys622 said:

I like it but it sounds like something I’d hear at H&M:rip:

Which means it's radiofriendly :huntyga: 

AndiGaga
1 hour ago, GhettoFabulous said:

It could’ve been better imo if they gave Bloodpop and Kevin more freedom :lolly: like it’s still a great song don’t get me wrong but it doesn’t have too much of that Kevin flare imo at least not for me :madge:

This.

Archived