Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard Critics: Best Albums of 2018

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

These are the best albums of 2018, according to critics at Billboard. This is not based on charts. 

#01-#04 ariana-grande-sweetener-2018-billboard-embed.jpgcardi-b-invasion-of-privacy-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgkacey-musgraves-golden-hour-album-2018-billboard-embed.jpgpusha-t-daytona-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#05-#08 janelle-monae-dirty-computer-album-2018-billboard-embed.jpgblack-panther-soundtrack-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgtravis-scott-astroworld-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgCamila-Cabello-Camila-album-cover-2018-billboard-1240.jpg

#09-#12 j-balvin-vibras-album-2018-billboard-1240.jpgbeyonce-jay-z-everything-is-love-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgmitski-be-the-cowboy-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgRobyn-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#13-#16 the-1975-A-Brief-Inquiry-into-Online-Relationships-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgmac-miller-swimming-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgDrake-Scorpion-artwork-billboard-1240.jpgkali-uchis-isolation-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#17-#20 rosalia-el-mal-querer-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg220px-Carterfive.jpegthierra-whack-whack-world-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgchristine-and-the-queens-chris-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#21-#24 lady-gaga-a-star-is-born-art-2018-billboard-1240.jpgnoname-room-25-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgShawn-Mendes-album-2018-billboard-1000.jpgthe-internet-hive-mind-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#25-#28 snail-mail-lush-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgcharlie-puth-voicenotes-2018-billboard-embed.jpgnipsey-hussle-victory-lap-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgtroye-sivan-bloom-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#29-#32 boygenius-boygenius-album-art-2018-billboard-1240.jpgkanye-west-kids-see-ghosts-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgflorence-and-the-machine-high-as-hope-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgSaba-Care-For-Me-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#33-#36 prince-piano-and-the-microphone-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgtwenty-one-pilots-trench-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgbrockhampton-iridesence-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgJon-Hopkins-Singularity-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#37-#40 pistol-annies-interstate-gospel-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgPost-Malone-beerbongs-and-bentleys-billboard-1000.jpgmariah-carey-caution-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgsoccer-mommy-clean-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#41-#44 mnek-language-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgteyana-taylor-KTSE-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgj-cole-kod-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgHayley-Kiyoko-Expectations-billboard-1000.jpg

#45-#48 Rufus-Du-Sol-Solace-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgpaul-mccartney-Egypt-Station-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgozuna-aura-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgLets-Eat-Grandma-Im-All-Ears-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

#49-#50 dierks-bentley-the-mountain-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpgrae-sremmurd-SR3MM-album-art-2018-billboard-embed.jpg

Source: https://www.billboard.com/photos/8489227/best-albums-2018-staff-picks

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon

ARE THEY DEAF?

How is Sweetener (which was a mess ngl smh) first but Queen isn't even there?

And Scorpion was ruined by the MJ 'collab', not that it would save the album if it was gone

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Chickens in Malibu

Just like they predicted Ariana Grande to be nominated in all three major categories at the Grammy's HAHAHAHA!

MJHolland

Over the past couple of months, this site has become disgustingly toxic towards EVERY SINGLE female music artist. 

Y'all go for pages hating on Ariana, Cardi, Nicki, Miley, etc. I swear it wasn't this bad a short while ago. I can't believe some of you claim to be Gaga stans and then act like the brattiest, most unkind d*cks on the internet. 

OT: Congrats to everyone mentioned, it was a competitive year for music. 

Sandrology

Happy for Janelle even Florence & Gaga were robbed!

Can't deal with that mediocre mess beeing so high based on the artists popularity (Sweetener, Invasion of Privacy,Camilla, Everything is Love, Sicko Mode, Scorpio..)

DiscoHeaven23
Just now, MJHolland said:

Over the past couple of months, this site has become disgustingly toxic towards EVERY SINGLE female music artist. 

Y'all go for pages hating on Ariana, Cardi, Nicki, Miley, etc. I swear it wasn't this bad a short while ago. I can't believe some of you claim to be Gaga stans and then act like the brattiest, most unkind d*cks on the internet. 

Thanks for being positive!

People go wild when their favs aren't high enough and people they don't like are too high

Thomas P

This is one that isn’t complete trash

EDIT: to clarify, it’s still bad, but better than some of these messy lists this year 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, MJHolland said:

I don't hate them, I just hate Billboard and how they overhype some artists, as well as their shitty charting.

I'm glad they're losing credibility. Even the Grammy's don't care about their charts anymore. For the first time ever, they nominated two pop songs in best pop solo that didn't even chart on billboard: Joanne and Colors.

DiscoHeaven23
11 minutes ago, nicolasrumet said:

For the first time ever, they nominated two pop songs in best pop solo that didn't even chart on billboard: Joanne and Colors.

The Grammys have always done this lol. Go look at past nominees 

Chickens in Malibu
Just now, DiscoHeaven23 said:

The Grammys have always done this lol. Go look at past nominees 

No.

Ever since "Best Pop Solo Performance" category was created, no song was ever nominated unless it charted on Billboard. Can you give one example of a song being nominated after the creation of this category (in 2011 or 2012 forgot when it was created).

8 minutes ago, MJHolland said:

Like every other platform online where strangers get to discuss their opinions, this site has always been "toxic" towards public figures. Female artists are more commonly discussed here, so that may be why you think female musicians are more likely to be be criticized. But Nicki, Christina, Demi, and Taylor are are ruthlessly discussed as The Chainsmokers, Shawn Mendes, Zayne, and Kanye. It's certainly not new. You might just be noticing the cattiness for the first time.

OT: Congrats to everyone mentioned, it was a competitive year for music. :)

Chromatislaps
39 minutes ago, ARealWildMan said:

ARE THEY DEAF?

How is Sweetener (which was a mess ngl smh) first but Queen isn't even there?

And Scorpion was ruined by the MJ 'collab', not that it would save the album if it was gone

how was it ruined by the MJ collab :triggered: 

That was the only thing elevating the entire project

Monster7

ASIB should be a lot higher

Sweetener wouldn't deserve top 20 if it hadn't been released in this awful year

IoP should be like 30 positions lower:saladga:

I'm proud of Janelle Monae and Rosalía:golfclap:

Drake's Scorpion is too damn high too

What. Is. Ozuna. Doing. Here?:deadbanana:

Archived