💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is this the most significant performance in the last dozen years?

mzncb

Featured Posts

If Britney actually had both a great and attention-grabbing performance at the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards, she would have continued to suppress both Beyonce and Rihanna in the media and severely limit Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry from emerging in 2008-2009.

If you're anti-Britney, this is very, very scary to appreciate yet absolutely true.

Surprised nobody talks about this. 

zakariah

lmao what, this performance gave me a bad first impression of britney, and it wasn’t until ‘3’ that I started to appreciate her music fully

Thomas P

It reintroduced the world to zombies, and ignited a new fascination in the lifelsss creatures not yet realized before.

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Lextyr97

Definitely the most significant performance!

Britney was warning us about the incoming robot invasion! :ohno:

tomsches

It's definitely an iconic moment, but simultaneously a low point, in pop culture history which will live on in infamy 

Regina George

I seems like no one in this thread actually gets what the person who made it wanted to say. Tragic.

OT I see what you mean and i don’t agree with it. I’d say some of more important and significant performances that forever changed pop culture were:

Madonna - Lika A Virgin at tve VMAs 

Britney Spears - Slave 4 U at the VMAs

and Britney’s - Oops performance at the VMAs

People on here disrespecting Britney have literally no clue about how she changed pop culture and what impact she had when she started. People on here don’t get that controversial Gaga as we knew her wouldn’t be possible without Britney in her prime. Britney literally made the pop culture of today possible. Yes she is not as great as she was BUT her impact and her presence in pop culture is undeniable but I honestly don’t expect minors of GGD to understand this. Thank you, next. 

10 hours ago, Unbeweavable said:

5 hours ago, ReginaGeorge said:

I seems like no one in this thread actually gets what the person who made it wanted to say. Tragic.

OT I see what you mean and i don’t agree with it. I’d say some of more important and significant performances that forever changed pop culture were:

Madonna - Lika A Virgin at tve VMAs 

Britney Spears - Slave 4 U at the VMAs

and Britney’s - Oops performance at the VMAs

People on here disrespecting Britney have literally no clue about how she changed pop culture and what impact she had when she started. People on here don’t get that controversial Gaga as we knew her wouldn’t be possible without Britney in her prime. Britney literally made the pop culture of today possible. Yes she is not as great as she was BUT her impact and her presence in pop culture is undeniable but I honestly don’t expect minors of GGD to understand this. Thank you, next. 

you pasted the wrong link

My point was that neither Beyonce nor Rihanna touched Britney's media monopoly despite their perceived talent.

If she had a great performance there she would have continued to dominate the media coverage and arguably prevent Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and Katy Perry from emerging in 2008-2009.

Britney's grip on mainstream media was uncontested from 1999-2008. 

Her fall single-handedly opened the space for: the Beyonce we see today, the Rihanna we see today, the Lady Gaga we today, the Taylor Swift we see today and the Katy Perry we see today.

Archived