💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

What If Acting Came First?

Twitter

Featured Posts

How would you feel if Gaga started out in acting then went to music. Her beginning would be just as successful as The Fame era but with a smash hit film back in 2009. But around 2012 FAMEGa era she decided to debut a music career. Sample timeline:

2008: begins acting career, TV show acting

2009: 2 smash hit films, wins 2 Oscars

2010: 1 hit film, wins 1 Golden Globe

2011: 3 hit films, wins 4 Oscars 

2012: begins music career, ARTPOP debut album

kabirartfling

Well, she wouldn't be lady gaga anymore tho? We wouldn't exist :air: 

There would be homophobia everywhere, gay marriage would be illegal worldwide in 2018

Give your love to me

Amidana
10 minutes ago, kabirartfling said:

There would be homophobia everywhere, gay marriage would be illegal worldwide in 2018

Us gays wouldn't have existed... 

I've stanned actors before and it's so freaking boring. I probably wouldn't have noticed her until she started making music tbh.

RAMROD

I actually have no doubt that she may take acting more seriously after this. Since she wanted to be an actress before she is an artist and singer.

Especially if she is nominated for Oscars, that will give her more street creds within the circle and more people will want to work with her for a movie or two.

Especially if she is being very serious about getting married and having kids. She may still release music during these times, but acting may be her priority for a moment.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Madam Margolyes

A year into her career, and already 2 oscar wins? And 2 more in 2011? :air: 

Glenn Close must be fuming with her 0 oscar and decades of career :selena:

Blastertoyo

I feel like she would never fully get notoriety if she went by that timeline. She would play 2/3 smash characters and then what? There would be no “Stefani Lifestyle” like what.. she would revolutionize pasta and release cookbooks? And how would that relate to any of her film characters. 

A big big part of why Gaga/ musicians can be so much more successful culturally than actors is because music is so omnipresent. The “Gaga lifestyle” IS The Fame and The Fame Monster. It would never be “Machete Kills” or “ A Star is Born”. 

It’s pretty much understood that Blake Lively hangs up her coat and goes home and sits on the couch. She isn’t necessarily Serena from Gossip Girl and people don’t expect her to be. 

please enlighten me to death

Quartz

Honestly? I wouldn't have noticed her. She's reading from a script, not saying something she wanted to say. There will be no Born This Way. There will be little creative control. I would just see her as another actress without her own voice. You know, just a celebrity. I like that she was a singer first before an actress, now that I think about it.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

RAMROD
Just now, Madam Margolyes said:

A year into her a career, and already 2 oscar wins? And 2 more in 2011? :air: 

Glenn Close must be fuming with her 0 oscars and decades of career :selena:

OOT:

Tbh, I really feel Glenn Close is pretty much taken as outsider in Hollywood. :oprah:

If not young stars, it's her collagues, say Meryl Streep, who won for Iron Lady instead of Close for Albert Nobbs in 2012

But she may win this year, if she is nominated, who knows? The trend lately are letting the people who actually supporting the industry to get the trophy instead of young stars like they did tou JLaw, Brie Larson and Emma Stone in the past few years.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Bradley

How do you win 4 Oscars in a single year? :air:

Best Actress: A tie between Lady Gaga and Lady Gaga

Best Supporting Actress: A tie between Lady Gaga and Lady Gaga

Therefore: 4 Oscars in 2011? :air:

ItWasntLaauv
1 hour ago, kabirartfling said:

Well, she wouldn't be lady gaga anymore tho? We wouldn't exist :air: 

Okay I know that this statement is a lil bit of a joke but, actually I truly, honestly, think that LGBT+ stuff would still be so backward if she hadn’t come along. She did so much for laws and the public perception surrounding that community. :heart:

derpmonster

I wouldn't have her career any other way honestly.

She might have ended up a fad like A... oh wait no I won't say it

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

LeJudas
1 hour ago, Madam Margolyes said:

A year into her a career, and already 2 oscar wins? And 2 more in 2011? :air: 

Glenn Close must be fuming with her 0 oscars and decades of career :selena:

Well it's not like they give out awards based on longevity. 

And the Oscar for longest time without receiving an Oscar goes to............ 

LeJudas
1 hour ago, Kitsch said:

How do you win 4 Oscars in a single year? :air:

Best Actress: A tie between Lady Gaga and Lady Gaga

Best Supporting Actress: A tie between Lady Gaga and Lady Gaga

Therefore: 4 Oscars in 2011? :air:

Only lady Gaga can defeat Lady Gaga. 

Truly an enigmatic situation

Madam Margolyes
4 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

Well it's not like they give out awards based on longevity. 

And the Oscar for longest time without receiving an Oscar goes to............ 

They sometimes do tho, it’s a popularity contest after all and an overdue narrative has been a very effective campaign to win oscars, if you play it right

I was just saying winning 4 oscars in a 3 year career is unlikely. I mean an actor with most oscar wins is katharine hepburn, and she also has 4

Archived