💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Doctor Who Series 11 Thoughts?

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan

The 11th season, Jodie Whittaker's first as The Doctor, wrapped last night

Honestly it was a good enough season but the episodes were basically all fillers and the companions, with the exception of Graham, were boring. But nevertheless most of the episodes were pretty great and the cinematography has been pretty stunning 

My top 5 episodes: Rosa, The Ghost Monument, Arachnids In The UK, It Takes You Away and Demons Of The Punjab

What did everyone else think? Idk how many of you watch the show but if not you should definitely check it out!:staymad:

FRANK1991

Have not seen the finale yet but here are my thoughts:

It started out strong but after Rosa it just went down hill fast.

They tried to give the characters context but none of the characters were memorable including the companions. The guest characters of each episode just stands there and do nothing most of the time. When they give the characters context it just comes off as exposition as this person tells their life story in the middle of a conflict. 

There's a lack of villains this season. Even less memorable than the guest characters. In fact, many episodes don't really contain a main villain. Rosa without a antagonist is fine but others not so much. 

Rosa was definitely the best one and Jodie is a lovable Doctor, but I'm not so sure they can continue this kind of stand-alone filler episode format.

I'm still excited to continue watching Doctor Who but I'm glad it won't be back till early 2020 cause the scripts need to be very very good before they film season 12. 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

theahsfan
1 minute ago, FRANK1991 said:

Have not seen the finale yet but here are my thoughts:

It started out strong but after Rosa it just went down hill fast.

They tried to give the characters context but none of the characters were memorable including the companions. The guest characters of each episode just stands there and do nothing most of the time. When they give the characters context it just comes off as exposition as this person tells their life story in the middle of a conflict. 

There's a lack of villains this season. Even less memorable than the guest characters. In fact, many episodes don't really contain a main villain. Rosa without a antagonist is fine but others not so much. 

Rosa was definitely the best one and Jodie is a lovable Doctor, but I'm not so sure they can continue this kind of stand-alone filler episode format.

I'm still excited to continue watching Doctor Who but I'm glad it won't be back till early 2020 cause the scripts need to be very very good before they film season 12. 

I absolutely agree. Ryan and Yaz were unmemorable and I hated, past episode 4/5, that the episodes were just stand alones 

Apparently Chris Chibnall, the showrunner, wanted this series to mainly have human villains to show the dark side of humanity or something. Hopefully they return to form in series 12.. at least they're bringing the Daleks back in the New Year's Special

Love it. 

I love Jodie as the Doctor. I think she brings so much to Doctor that we haven't had since Tennant. 

I'm rather tired though of hearing complaints about how the stories aren't connected and that there hasn't been a season Big Bad. That's not Doctor Who. Sorry. I'm one of the fans who haven't only watched the 2005 run but also about 80 percent of the original stuff and this season highly reflects the stories of the 1st and 2nd Doctors. The show was always meant to be somewhat educational. Lots of 1st Doctor stories were set in the past and dealt with historical events. And that's what Chibnall was trying to get back to in this season.

I can see that not being everyone's cup of tea but that doesn't make it bad. I love that everything's not all doom and gloom and doesn't have some overly complicated convoluted plot (Series 6). To me, this season has been more "Who" than recent series. My biggest complaint is the 10 episode run. It doesn't give enough time for the companions to really shine. I mean Yaz and Graham have had some good spotlight moments but Ryan is just... there sadly. 

Rosa was the best episode this season, the rest were meh and cringy...

Last season was a disaster and too political, like I felt that the Doctor is judging me and lecturing me, too PC and annoying.

This season they learned from their mistake and did it mildly and smart, like in Rosa, they did it educational and historical.

Also my problem is that in Doctor Who world, diversity killed the Jew, this religion doesn't exist there (I guess the BBC does not allowing them or something)

Now back to this season,  I love Jodie, she's refreshing, especially after Capaldi, he was the worst doctor imo, unbearable, and it's so natural to see her as the doctor, like the gender doesn't matter at all, it's the doctor for me.

3 companions is too much and too much all over the place, I can't attach to anyone and sometimes it seems that they are just bored.. I think they need to come back to 1 companion.. but here to avoid a male companion they just brought 3 and killed any romance chance..

In conclusion, the season is much better than the previous one but there is a lot to improve and to bring DH to the way it was.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived