💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I’m Glad Gaga Didn’t “pop-ify” ASIB.

AStarIsBorn21

Featured Posts

AStarIsBorn21

Now, I know because she wasn’t making her own music (as Gaga) in a way she really had no option, but I’m really happy we got to hear Gaga make music that didn’t sound too “digestible” for pop fans with a lot of the album. Songs like Shallow, Music To My Eyes, Diggin My Grave, and Always Remember Us This Way all sound nothing like typical Gaga songs for the exact reason that they don’t sound submissive to pop. She’s been very vocal about having this pop touch she puts on her own music, which can be heard in songs that could have easily been less “poppy”, such as Sinners Prayer, Million Reasons, Gypsy, etc. 

That being said I still want the solo Shallow “pop” version. :vegas:

SharkmanthaC

I agree with you.  I think if it were made more pop-ish the movie would have got less praise from the GP and maybe even less awards/nominations because it would have been seen as Gaga playing herself more. 

she/her/hers

Agreed. Tbh the compromises she makes sometimes aren’t always to the benefit of the music like on John Wayne which hits WAY harder live

highbythebeach

ASIB may not be electro pop like BTW or TFM but it's certainly a form of pop music just like the songs you've listed above.

Agreed. The film wouldn’t have receive as much critical acclaim if it had more pop music. I’m glad to see Gaga once again challenge herself in coming out her element and doing something new. That’s a better shock factor than her daily fashion imo.

4 hours ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Now, I know because she wasn’t making her own music (as Gaga) in a way she really had no option, but I’m really happy we got to hear Gaga make music that didn’t sound too “digestible” for pop fans with a lot of the album. Songs like Shallow, Music To My Eyes, Diggin My Grave, and Always Remember Us This Way all sound nothing like typical Gaga songs for the exact reason that they don’t sound submissive to pop. She’s been very vocal about having this pop touch she puts on her own music, which can be heard in songs that could have easily been less “poppy”, such as Sinners Prayer, Million Reasons, Gypsy, etc. 

That being said I still want the solo Shallow “pop” version. :vegas:

Joanne haters would say a different thing

Archived