Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is this too cliche (movies)

AStarIsBorn21

Featured Posts

AStarIsBorn21

Has anyone else notice that the pairing of a white guy and a biracial (black and white)/“light skinned” girl shows up A LOT in movies, escpecially recent ones? I can’t help but notice them in recent films (especially Marvel ones... Homecoming, Ragnorock, GOTG) and it’s just so random to me. Is there any exact reason to this pairing, that I don’t know about? Also I’m not trying to flamebait, or seem hateful, I have no problem with biracial relationships or whatever it’s just so weird it seems to be primarily this exact pairing when biracial couples show up in movies. 

Spoiler

original.gifu3yygrnxfky7qpxunajr.gif980x.gif

original.gif

AStarIsBorn21
6 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Why is it so random?

Because, first generation princess, it’s not even the most common of biracial couples in America, and it seems to occurs in the movies a lot compared to other biracial couples portrayed. :D Just found it interesting and wanted to know if anyone else has noticed it.

JazzGa

It's just appealing to a slightly different straight white male fantasy :green: 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

I'm glad all those black females are getting the roles they deserve after all these years :golfclap:

... and now i just sit in silence.

1 hour ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

Because, first generation princess, it’s not even the most common of biracial couples in America, and it seems to occurs in the movies a lot compared to other biracial couples portrayed. :D Just found it interesting and wanted to know if anyone else has noticed it.

I think they want to keep their male talent white so they add diversity in their counterpart

But main male characters is too overdone 

Don't visit my profile

I think complaining about lack of diversity in film and now complaining about the diversity in film...is ridiculous tbh. 

Archived